Sandman VS Spot for R4

Hey all. I just pulled spot and sandman. I have the resources to awaken give 5 sig stones and take to R4. My only problem is I have no idea which of the two to invest it

Comments

• Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    easily spot
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 721 ★★★
    I have Spot at R5 and Sandman at R4. Both amazing, but Sandman better for overall content.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★

Sandman’s fantastic already, can’t wait for the buff

Can you elaborate on that plz?
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★

They're more-or-less opposites, right now:
    - Spot is a high-skill Battlegrounds nuke with fairly low utility.
    - Sandman is a utility Questing machine with fairly low damage.

I'd wait for the rebalance, then rank your favourite.

Haven't ranked or played much with my sandman yet, but I use spot in all sorts of situations, currently he is putting in work in the side quest, mojo gets shredded by him. Overall great damage, on demand buff immunity, and untouchable is pretty decent utility, even if it's not on the same level as sandman.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Depends on what happens during his rebalance...
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,919 ★★★★
    Spot is just a BG nuke, while Sandman is a more versatile champ. Depends on if you're focused on BG progression or questing
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Personally, I'd say wait for the buff, if you don't wanna wait though then I'd risk it and go with Sandman. With the new BGs changes (health and all that stuff), Spot lost a lot of value in BGs and he's mostly a defensive champ now (I don't even see him in people's decks anymore). Sandman is at least getting buffed soon, and even pre buff he's already a utility machine.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★

SuelGames said:

Petrify on sp1 (best heal reversal in the entire game), slow on sp2, triple immunity. He's a utility machine, his only problem is his damage, even at max sig, his sp1 and sp2 rotations are borderline useless because of the damage so after they tweak some things there, I have a feeling he's gonna be great. I'm probably gonna be taking him to war a lot with all the hazard shift and biohazard nodes we've been seeing lately.
    Better than Void?

But thats a good insight, thx, might take him for a spin
    edited September 2023
    SuelGames said:

SuelGames said:

Petrify on sp1 (best heal reversal in the entire game), slow on sp2, triple immunity. He's a utility machine, his only problem is his damage, even at max sig, his sp1 and sp2 rotations are borderline useless because of the damage so after they tweak some things there, I have a feeling he's gonna be great. I'm probably gonna be taking him to war a lot with all the hazard shift and biohazard nodes we've been seeing lately.
    Better than Void?

But thats a good insight, thx, might take him for a spin
    Better than Void yes
    https://youtu.be/2G_dwwhJgGA?si=l9nHQ3QkqIaOg9Hj
  • Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Member Posts: 336 ★★★

SuelGames said:

Already took my Sandman to R4 sig 200 and he's an absolute unit on the Hazard shift path.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,288 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    @ItsClobberinTime I have a r4 ascended sandman and I disagree with the damage.

His damage can go up and up and up and up. If you do the sp3 rotation. Ive been doing 250k - 300k in 4 heavies after sp3.

Its something like 45k 60k 80k 95k (this is just the burst and max sig increases damage) and another sp3 its more and another sp3 its more.

His damage can go up and up and up and up. If you do the sp3 rotation. Ive been doing 250k - 300k in 4 heavies after sp3.

Its something like 45k 60k 80k 95k (this is just the burst and max sig increases damage) and another sp3 its more and another sp3 its more.

I know, that's why if you read my comments I very clearly said sp1 and sp2 rotations, damage is horrible if you use those. Sp3 is a different story hence I didn't mention sp3.

SuelGames said:

Already took my Sandman to R4 sig 200 and he's an absolute unit on the Hazard shift path.
    Oh I know and with the decay tactic, I bet he's even crazier. I really want to use mine but I still haven't been able to awaken him, and I really don't wanna waste any gems yet since he's still in the featured. Kinda funny, I've pulled and awakened every single featured champ already but Sandman :/
  • Cap_MuricaCap_Murica Member Posts: 336 ★★★

Unfortunately, not that easy to do SP3 rotations when using him in AW. That is why I am hoping they reduce his ramp-up when he gets rebalanced.

SuelGames said:

Oh I know and with the decay tactic, I bet he's even crazier. I really want to use mine but I still haven't been able to awaken him, and I really don't wanna waste any gems yet since he's still in the featured. Kinda funny, I've pulled and awakened every single featured champ already but Sandman :/
    I guess I spoke that one into existence lol
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,288 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    @ItsClobberinTime while his sp1 and sp2 rotations damage is lower, I still find it decent enough but I get what you are saying. Hopefully the rebalance doesn't change him that much and he just gets value buffed more.

I did use a generic gem and 199 sig stones on mine xD
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Spot is the definitely better damage dealer & defender
    Sandman will probably have better longevity in the contest in terms of utility
    Spot has already started to loose some of his popularity
    Sandman is not someone you will use on a daily basis, but he has his uses

If ur focus is BGs, then go with Spot
    edited September 2023

@ItsClobberinTime while his sp1 and sp2 rotations damage is lower, I still find it decent enough but I get what you are saying. Hopefully the rebalance doesn't change him that much and he just gets value buffed more.

I did use a generic gem and 199 sig stones on mine xD

I don't, I think they're terrible, I only use sp1 if there's a lot of healing, and sp2 if there's a lot of evade but it takes a long time to kill opponents that way (for BGs length matchups at least).
    They already said that they're looking at increasing his damage for sp1 and sp2 rotations so I have high hopes, sp3 will still be the biggest source of damage though.

I'm definitely gonna get mine to sig 200, he's my next investment, but yeah I wouldn't have used a generic on him lol pain