Potential bug with either Wiccan or Korg?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 455 ★★★
Doing AW, saw a Korg on my path, and I was already bringing Wiccan, so I figured I'd use him to avoid Thorns. Placed one Neutralize, and Korg immediately got 72 Incinerates? Although it looks like almost 100 triggered, because his rock stacks were 0 when I placed Neutralize, and he has 23 here.

Can anyone think of a reason why this would happen?

Comments

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    It’s like the buff keeps trying to activate but the neutralize stops it every time, that’s why the incinerates stacked
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 455 ★★★

It’s like the buff keeps trying to activate but the neutralize stops it every time, that’s why the incinerates stacked

I thought the same thing, but the node says the Attacker gets the buff, so me. Unless it's a typo, can it's supposed to say Defender?
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★

I thought the same thing, but the node says the Attacker gets the buff, so me. Unless it's a typo, can it's supposed to say Defender?
    Neutralize and tranquilze only care about the originator of the effect, not the target. So mantis can stop kingpin from getting a rage or spot from applying his buff immunity debuff. Any neutralize champ can completely ignore rising sun and placebo.
  • hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Member Posts: 271 ★★
    There's a mechanic been going on for a long time. When There's a neutralize effect on the defender if they try to put a buff on the attacker the buff wont apply. Now im not sure if its supposed to be designed like that but kabam haven't said anything regarding it. Personally i think its a bug that needs to be fixed.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    edited September 2023
    Wouldn't it be because power draw? Every time he gets an incinerate he attempts to gain a power gain buff. Thus really being an endless cycle until something in the code perhaps makes it stop?
  • MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,596 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    hi_im_sir said:

There's a mechanic been going on for a long time. When There's a neutralize effect on the defender if they try to put a buff on the attacker the buff wont apply. Now im not sure if its supposed to be designed like that but kabam haven't said anything regarding it. Personally i think its a bug that needs to be fixed.

It’s not a bug and is working as intended. The defender tries to place a buff on the attacker via the node, but neutralize prevents it.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,776 ★★★★★
    **Cue in dormammu EOP, and forums filling with tigra is not working.
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Member Posts: 357 ★★★

Wouldn't it be because power draw? Every time he gets an incinerate he attempts to gain a power gain buff. Thus really being an endless cycle until something in the code perhaps makes it stop?

This, every time he triggers the buff, it fails and he gets incinerated, which triggers the buff…100 is probably the stack limit, so it stops there, then korg’s purify ability kicks in and he removes some of them (23 in this case)
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,867 ★★★★★
    Sounds very similar to this interaction with Longshot: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342732/craziest-interaction-ive-ever-seen

Another one for @PantherusNZ to take notes on 😉