What do *You* think about the Champion Restriction Removal?

TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,289 ★★★★★
Title.

Personally, I believe it's a good idea.

Comments

• ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty indifferent about it probably a good thing for progressing players that need synergies though
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,024 ★★★★★
    THE Paragon thinks it's a new warm welcoming change.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I'm thinking we're getting some nice Carina's Challenges out of it, but aside from that, I also think it's a good thing. Granted, 5 and 6 (and 7)-star champions are much more available now than before so I don't believe it's quite as big of a roadblock for newer players as it was for older players back in the day, but I vastly prefer the Act 7/8 system of boosting the higher rarities power rather than completely gating off lower star ratings. That made 6 (and now 7)-stars more viable than 5*s, but you could still bring in 5*s for synergies or if you simply didn't have a, say, poison resistant 6*.

If a n00b ends up solo'ing Act 6 with a 4* Hercules, you know, all the power to them.

Additionally, I think it has somewhat limited player creativity. I can't wait for SlayerOfGods to defeat the Grandmaster with just a 4* CGR. That's a self-imposed challenge that was never possible previously.

It also opens up new avenues for testing champions out. I had some trouble finding a Korg for a video I was planning on making, simply because he's not featured extensively in the two latest acts. That led to my champions being way too OP when fighting him in previous chapters. However, if I could have just brought in a 4* version of that champion, those Korgs could still have worked out and I could have gotten the video done.

It's just good for a number of reasons, I think.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Its great overall. It’s more freeing to the newer players and it doesn’t hurt anyone. Plus I’ll be excited for some new carinas challenges out of it as long as they’re skill based and not revive grabs.
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Agreeing with the rest above me, would open up some stuff for Carina's!

Aside from that it doesn't really affect me at the point where I'm at, but it used to be a huge hassle back when it was first introduced so I'm happy atleast some new summoners don't have to deal with it
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★
    I think it's bad. Now players can bring synergy champs like wasp,hood even if they don't have them in 5*/6*. This makes game more easier
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    Most people thought locking act 6 was a Bad move i'm glad this helps accounts with non skill based roadblocks like the 6.2.2
  • Repto23Repto23 Member Posts: 784 ★★★
    I’m worried about future of Carina’s Challenges

Only a 3* patriot against 7.4.6 Kang and what not
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    I think it's great.... Now who's going to solo the grandmaster with a 3* 1st. 🤣🤣
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Pro-
    1. Wider availability of synergies to use.

Con-
    1. New players will strategize even less now.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★
    This ban shouldn't even exist in the first place.
    And the ascension excuse is just BS
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    I think it's appropriate. The game is no longer at the same meta point it was when they were introduced, and there were reasons for the gates. Really doesn't matter now either way. People are content-rushing all the time. I don't think it's healthy for development, but it is what it is.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    i just think it is less important than it ever was.
    people are getting more and more 6* quicker and earlier than ever and previously people could have used 4* much more than they could before.
    also lets be real, not that many 4* are going to be of much help to the average player anyway.

4* are going to help for synergies and not much else.
    if someone has the skill to take down fight after fight with 4* in act 6 they clearly know what they are doing....

i just don't understand why do it now? it was more useful if done earlier