Why is Kabam not letting us recruit without upsetting people?

Well, the current War season is about to end, and a new BG season already started... Alliances are NOT being given enough time to make replacements without jobbing someone out rewards and upsetting people... Are you purposefully trying to imprison people in alliances so they have no chance to quit the game or stop doing alliance-related content at least (if that's what they want)? This is VERY poor planning and timing by Kabam, and once again egregiously not considering this headache they're creating for their gamers that make their paychecks. I really wish someone at Marvel would review the current staff, as they seem to care more about politics and virtue-signaling, than actually taking care of their player-base. Just observations made by myself and many others, not just my opinions.
Sincerely,
Just another number

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 5,072 ★★★★★
    There are many alliance modes and events, you have the opportunity to choose when it makes the most sense for you to move. Expecting all of the windows to align is not realistic.
  • GreenGloblin710GreenGloblin710 Member Posts: 15

There are many alliance modes and events, you have the opportunity to choose when it makes the most sense for you to move. Expecting all of the windows to align is not realistic.

They literally make the schedule. So, it is realistic... Unlike your comment that there are "many" alliance modes lmfao. There are just 3 right now lmaoooo

This is highly dramatic.

LMFAO with this take, you must not be in an alliance or any good at the game. Move along, little guy :D
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,544 ★★★★★

They literally make the schedule. So, it is realistic... Unlike your comment that there are "many" alliance modes lmfao. There are just 3 right now lmaoooo

This is highly dramatic.

LMFAO with this take, you must not be in an alliance or any good at the game. Move along, little guy :D
    You really shouldn't call people little guy. You don't know my age, or my size.
    Your Post is dramatic. There are schedules for things within the game, and those schedules don't always line up.
    As for the rest of your comment, it sounds like a you thing.
    edited October 2023
    LMFAO You're just embarrassing yourself now. They have the ability to change things at will. They did when last war season failed to start properly and at will pushed the schedule back LMFAO you have to be a bot that doesn't play. Again, with this take, you must not be in an alliance or any good at the game. Move along, little guy :D
    edited October 2023
    After years of their ineptitude and mishaps, it's hard not to eventually say something with a little dismay @LordSmasher But, I digress. Said my peace, bro lol

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,959 ★★★★★
    Eh I believe OP is a bit dramatic; but he is right on an issue. Today we have to tell someone who contributed about 150k points on alliance event for BGs that we will replace him soon 🤷

LMFAO You're just embarrassing yourself now. They have the ability to change things at will. They did when last war season failed to start properly and at will pushed the schedule back LMFAO you have to be a bot that doesn't play. Again, with this take, you must not be in an alliance or any good at the game. Move along, little guy :D

This is the epitome of entitlement. Everything should just stop and shift at will, no matter what their internal design schedules are, just because you want it. You're comparing a request to a situation where the system was bugged and they had to reduce the amount of damage.
    You're free to request anything you like, but your attitude and approach is absolutely disrespectful. You go on about politics and virtue-signaling, which displays an ignorance to their respect for social issues and makes me question your stance no less, and also make the most Karen-esque statement I've heard over the years about their paycheck. Which is inaccurate. They receive a salary from their company, and they get paid whether you play the game or not.
    Take it down a few notches "big guy".
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 5,072 ★★★★★

This is highly dramatic.

There are a lot more than just AW/AQ/BG over the course of the year that have schedules that would need to be aligned.
    edited October 2023

This is the epitome of entitlement. Everything should just stop and shift at will, no matter what their internal design schedules are, just because you want it. You're comparing a request to a situation where the system was bugged and they had to reduce the amount of damage.
    You're free to request anything you like, but your attitude and approach is absolutely disrespectful. You go on about politics and virtue-signaling, which displays an ignorance to their respect for social issues and makes me question your stance no less, and also make the most Karen-esque statement I've heard over the years about their paycheck. Which is inaccurate. They receive a salary from their company, and they get paid whether you play the game or not.
    Take it down a few notches "big guy".
    You're so mad LMFAO I understand, you're just triggered by the truth :D
    Crcrcrc said:

I love when people who are in the process of embarrassing themselves on the internet tell other people that they’re embarrassing themselves.
    I love when nobodies like you chime in on stuff that doesn't involve you, just for you to feel important and get attention. You're so cute :D
  • splashson69splashson69 Member Posts: 1
    i fully agree. i don’t understand why everyone is making such a fuss over him asking a question on a question website.
  • JHRanchJHRanch Member Posts: 71
    You guys are being a little petty. GreenGloblin stop being so reactive, and all the rest stop taunting...to answer your question i would just ask the member which rewards they cared about more and then kick them once those rewards come out.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Member Posts: 850 ★★★★
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is the last war of the season and BG's practically just started. AQ is finished after this one, I'm swapping alliances and will be able to get my rewards and swap before BGs are over, I'll have more than enough time to hit their min and I'll still qualify for BG rewards.

What's the issue here?

Is it a tight window, yes, but it's not as bad as you've just made it out to sound like. War is ending, we're not in the middle of it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,599 Guardian

Well, the current War season is about to end, and a new BG season already started... Alliances are NOT being given enough time to make replacements without jobbing someone out rewards and upsetting people... Are you purposefully trying to imprison people in alliances so they have no chance to quit the game or stop doing alliance-related content at least (if that's what they want)? This is VERY poor planning and timing by Kabam, and once again egregiously not considering this headache they're creating for their gamers that make their paychecks. I really wish someone at Marvel would review the current staff, as they seem to care more about politics and virtue-signaling, than actually taking care of their player-base. Just observations made by myself and many others, not just my opinions.
    Sincerely,
    Just another number

The short answer is that I believe Kabam is taking long term steps to align things better. The announced forthcoming changes to AQ that I believe is going to align AQ with seven day weeks is a part of that process. But in terms of aligning things now before such changes are made, that’s far more difficult because the game was not originally designed with such things in mind. It takes an involved manual process to change the schedule of recurring events like AQ and BG seasons. Yes, they’ve done it in the past, but it has also sometimes caused major catastrophes in the past when it wasn’t done properly. It is sufficiently complex that when a problem breaks a single war during season they are more inclined to just scratch the war completely from the season that restart the season. They have even cancelled more war seasons entirely than offset seasons due to the complexity of this.

It just isn’t deemed worth the risk to try to juggle seasons for war, AQ, and BG for any reason. The alliance recruiting issue is a known issue; there are many very high tier alliance members and officers on the CCP that have voiced this concern to Kabam over the years. It is a thing they are conscious about, but the short term solutions players want are not things Kabam can practically do at the moment.
    DNA3000 said:

Sincerely,
    Just another number

The short answer is that I believe Kabam is taking long term steps to align things better. The announced forthcoming changes to AQ that I believe is going to align AQ with seven day weeks is a part of that process. But in terms of aligning things now before such changes are made, that’s far more difficult because the game was not originally designed with such things in mind. It takes an involved manual process to change the schedule of recurring events like AQ and BG seasons. Yes, they’ve done it in the past, but it has also sometimes caused major catastrophes in the past when it wasn’t done properly. It is sufficiently complex that when a problem breaks a single war during season they are more inclined to just scratch the war completely from the season that restart the season. They have even cancelled more war seasons entirely than offset seasons due to the complexity of this.

It just isn’t deemed worth the risk to try to juggle seasons for war, AQ, and BG for any reason. The alliance recruiting issue is a known issue; there are many very high tier alliance members and officers on the CCP that have voiced this concern to Kabam over the years. It is a thing they are conscious about, but the short term solutions players want are not things Kabam can practically do at the moment.
    This is the best response yet, by far. Thank you for not being a d-bag.
    Here's to hoping they can figure the scheduling out a little better in the near future, so this doesn't happen again with upcoming seasons for BGs and War. :)
    The irony of it all.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    You need to be in an alliance for basically 2 weeks before the end of the season for war rewards. Bg is 1 week. So there is plenty of overlap. If an alliance has a problem with a new member not being able to meet the requirement for the contribution to the alliance bg score then it sounds like a bad alliance you shouldn't join anyway. If you join with 3 weeks left you should do about 3/4 of the requirement. 2 weeks you should do half.

The issue is that under perfect circumstances a bg season is 5 weeks including off season (dead period) and a war cycle is 6 weeks including off season.
  • Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★
    @GreenGloblin710 what are you on? Seriously. There’s always overlap, that doesn’t allow you to insult others for pointing out the obvious, that you are an idiot.
    (P.s. calling someone a little guy normally shows insecurity, which is accurate here.)
  • Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★

Crcrcrc said:

I love when people who are in the process of embarrassing themselves on the internet tell other people that they’re embarrassing themselves.
    I love when nobodies like you chime in on stuff that doesn't involve you, just for you to feel important and get attention. You're so cute :D
    Because your gold 1 alliance officer status allows you to say this? Cmon man get a backbone. You made the post and you’re getting mad at people for responding. You won’t become very popular here if you insult others for telling the truth.
  • 0_Alph40_Alph4 Member Posts: 105
    edited October 2023
    You know alliances are "long term" this is probably a new concept for you as most of your relationships probably last longer then some shredded cheese in a stoners fridge.
    edited October 2023
    Go_To said:

Crcrcrc said:

Because your gold 1 alliance officer status allows you to say this? Cmon man get a backbone. You made the post and you’re getting mad at people for responding. You won’t become very popular here if you insult others for telling the truth.
    I run a P3 alli, kiddo. Keep trying, though. It's cute watching you no-lifer's rage at me :D
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,421 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

Go_To said:

Crcrcrc said:

I run a P3 alli, kiddo. Keep trying, though. It's cute watching you no-lifer's rage at me :D
    Oh, really shows your "maturity" with words like "kiddo" and "little guy". Bah 🤡
    I guess we should all bow to a simple p3 alliance? 🤡
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★

Go_To said:

Crcrcrc said:

Acting like P3 is masters... lol