**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tomorrow is my first 6* Ascension - trying to decide who to take up

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
Since I don’t AW, tomorrow the SQ will give me enough dust to do my first ascension. I’m having a hard time deciding who to take up. Here is my R5 roster:

Conventional wisdom would say to do Herc, and while I could do that it feels a bit boring. I run suicides quite a bit so leaning against Doom for that reason. I recently R5 and max sigged my Kate, but while I really like her I’m not sure I like her more than my other options. Nimrod I don’t feel like needs it. So, that leaves Absorbing Man and Kingpin. I’m honestly seriously considering Kingpin given how much I use him and given that Kate and Absorbing Man are already BG ban magnets and probably would be more so if I ascend them.

What do you all think?

Tomorrow is my first 6* Ascension - trying to decide who to take up 118 votes

Kingpin (awakened, sig 85)
22%
MagrailothosEricsocratesKaspYTcfprelude10or_StrongDenzel116jaymania82DaemonflameAyden_noah1captain_rogersPowerofpain1001Spider_Ricoo_oJoshua_EiversKhellendros138ahmynutsKavya30BlackTuranThePredator1001Ultragamer 26 votes
Absorbing Man (awakened, sig 200)
10%
bhuv9191NescioLogan00Sachhyam257Jridenhour_3SCP1504ItsClobberinTimeAdri5846MasterzxProTnkeesmanIsisixkswmrVigoor 12 votes
Hercules (awakened, sig 200)
48%
DrZolaRaganatorSIlverProfessorTensioRobbieRampageBigTuna_2054Drake2078hydrogohardRayhanIshaqueHilldarShtickRickIamnikeMalreck04OhDear2015SbkruebLordSmasheredricGreekhitjcphillips7Ironman3000 57 votes
Kate Bishop (awakened, sig 200)
13%
Manup456Mark1357911Justcause102PikoluAkkarin23WhoDaPooAnnihilator13_Sparx265LpooBanannaPanda13579rebel_Futbol_4_LIFEArmageddønBRANDONBLAZERLioLennSteveRogers47 16 votes
Doom (awakened, sig 200)
4%
AdvRenaxqqLickyAxewNisN 5 votes
Nimrod (awakened, sig 200)
1%
RockyshockyBEANBOT714 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    If you plan on doing Necropolis, then her ascension is going to be amazing for that
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Boring or not, Hercules is the wisest and objectively better choice.
    You won’t see him as a 7* anytime soon, if ever, since he will likely take the Quake treatment, so ascending the 6* is a move that any serious account will make at one point anyway.
    Doom ascended PI will be frightening for opponents at BGs and in most cases will guarantee you an instaban, leaving you other lower PI options unbanned.
    I’m ascending Hercules and Doom next level up event (I don’t know if ascension counts towards the solo event but just in case).
    All champs are great and worth ascending, but my personal opinion is that and that is what I’m going to do with my account, but don’t forget your account is yours and ultimately you know better what’s the best for your account 🙂
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Or Doom
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I did Herc and he’s the best option, but I think Kate is an interesting one. I’m choosing her or Silk for my next
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you plan on doing Necropolis, then her ascension is going to be amazing for that

Must have missed something. Why?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Must have missed something. Why?

Dr. Zola
    Very high damage output, and almost no one is immune to coldsnap. Bring Chavez and she could potentially start soloing fights for you.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    Appreciate the input on this. Anyone have any final thoughts?

I’ll admit that I’m warming up to Herc given that ascended versions cleaned my defenders clock multiple times in BGs yesterday.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    I'll be ascending abs man. He's just so versatile, you can pretty much use him in any matchup. His dmg in ideal matchups is really good, but he can definitely use a boost for regular fights. Increasing his hp would also benefit defensively...
  • Options
    Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 ★★★
    Kingpin (awakened, sig 85)
    Very difficult to choose from those options but honestly, will admit that I’m biased cause I did this lol

• Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Don't over-think it. It's a 20% Health/Attack boost (yeah yeah... 22%). Put it on the champ your favorite and/or most used champion. 🤘🏻
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

Don't over-think it. It's a 20% Health/Attack boost (yeah yeah... 22%). Put it on the champ your favorite and/or most used champion. 🤘🏻

Your first was Thing, right? Any regrets or still loving him?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★

I'll be ascending abs man. He's just so versatile, you can pretty much use him in any matchup. His dmg in ideal matchups is really good, but he can definitely use a boost for regular fights. Increasing his hp would also benefit defensively...

Okay so... I lied. Switched to Adam last second lol.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    @Sachhyam257 goos choice! Was my first one, he is insane! 20 seconds fights in BG 🥹
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Depends, if you care more about BGs and AW then dual champs are the best options (in this case Abs Man, KP or Doom). If you care more about questing and incursions though then yeah Herc hands down.
  • Options
    RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    I ascended Abs man as my first, but probably going Herc next because he's most likely gonna be like Quake and Magik in the 7* pool.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    Hercules is the only correct option. He just has so much utility, and is one of, if not THE best champion in the game.