iPhone 15 control issues

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 15 pro max and I am finding that when I am attempting to block or parry, the character dashes forward/performs a medium attack. On occasion it will cause me to dash back. It is inconsistent but it seems that when holding block and the screen moves past where I am holding block the game interprets it as a dash. I can play a lot of rounds with no issue and then it will happen over and over causing many lost fights. Anyone else having this issue? I’ve reset the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any suggestions or is this something that will need to be addressed in a future update?

Comments

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,089 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    I don’t want to sound rude or something but that was expectable. When you use the search function in the forums you’ll see, that every now iPhone generation has problems with mcoc. Or mcoc with the new iPhones 😌.

You’ll probably have some input issues for the next 4-6 months. I had the same with my iPhone 13 Pro back in the days.

Tlrd: it’s unfortunately normal, new iPhones always have issues with mcoc
    I remember some conversation with @DrZola regarding this
    DrZola said:

I have all kinds of issues @Fit_Fun9329 😂

Dr. Zola

Still? 😅 my condolences 💐
  • Gunner14Gunner14 Member Posts: 36
    I’m having a very similar issue. I have a new iPhone 15 pro max and occasionally when I block the character dashes forward instead. Doesn’t happen all the time but has messed up some AW already.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,226 ★★★★★
    The'll probably get around to optimizing it in the next few months. That's usually how long it takes after new phones come out
  • AntsiouAntsiou Member Posts: 184 ★★
    Experienced the same on 15 Pro, thought my screen was too slippery since it is new compared to my previous phone 😅
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    No great surprise…

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/346619/iphone-15

Got my 15 pro max arriving mid to late October. Fingers crossed they get their act together by November update.

Crazy these issues arise every year without fail.
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Member Posts: 586 ★★★
    I have the IPhone 14 Pro Max and have had these issues for many months. Hell I’m experiencing a new issue with my champ standing still while I’m swiping to get my champ to dash forward…
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    A lot of times where new devices come out, applications are not exactly ready for them or they may test them early on to get ready for some bugs, but then may find a whole slew of them later and may not fully support that OS for a hot minute. At least that’s how it was when I worked at an AV company, I’m lookin at you Mac OS Catalina you monstrosity.
  • ProducteProducte Member Posts: 74
    It happens the same to me.

iPhone 15 pro Max
    iOS 17.0.3
    Latest MCoC release
    1. With the left finger in the screen, block stops and attacker walks forward as if block has been released.
    2. Attempting to block and nothing happens, the defender guard remains down.
    3. Attempting to block and attacker dashes forward.
    4. During standard 5 hit combo, the combo suddenly ends or a light attack turn into the last undesired medium attack that ends the combo unexpectedly.
  • KapKamot3KapKamot3 Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2023
    Also using iPhone 15 pro max

Getting exact same issues. block becomes dash forward, and combo dropping. Frustrating
    But glad im not the only one
    Producte said:

It happens the same to me.

iPhone 15 pro Max
    iOS 17.0.3
    Latest MCoC release

1. With the left finger in the screen, block stops and attacker walks forward as if block has been released.
    2. Attempting to block and nothing happens, the defender guard remains down.
    3. Attempting to block and attacker dashes forward.
    4. During standard 5 hit combo, the combo suddenly ends or a light attack turn into the last undesired medium attack that ends the combo unexpectedly.
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,227 ★★★★★
    Same here with iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Member Posts: 173
    Happening more to me lately than before. Had to delay my trade in to finish high tier war :(

@Kabam Miike / Jax , any idea if this is being addressed in November update ?
  • Billyclub409Billyclub409 Member Posts: 4
    I have had the same issue for weeks. The game is almost completely unplayable. I went to the Apple Store and ran several hardware diagnostics. Everything with the phone checks out. They said it has to be the software with the game. Please fix!!

I don’t want to sound rude or something but that was expectable. When you use the search function in the forums you’ll see, that every now iPhone generation has problems with mcoc. Or mcoc with the new iPhones 😌.

You’ll probably have some input issues for the next 4-6 months. I had the same with my iPhone 13 Pro back in the days.

Tlrd: it’s unfortunately normal, new iPhones always have issues with mcoc

I can only repeat myself, guys. Nothing new, the newest iPhone generation will always have huge issues. It’s a pity but it’s how it is
  • ProducteProducte Member Posts: 74
    After this week's update, everything is the same for me. Specially block unregistered or becoming a dash remains and becomes an instant death.
  • mattydidomattydido Member Posts: 3
    Same here. I have the Iphone 15 plus and it has made this game unplayable. I was hoping the update would remedy this but the dash in on it's own junk still happens. I don't even want to play the game that I've enjoyed playing for 5 years.
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 321 ★★★
    i have 15 pro max and get no issues at all. Actually the game is a lot more responsive than my previous 12
  • SnickerSnackSnickerSnack Member Posts: 1
    I have I input issues as well on my new iPhone 15. Quaking is too unreliable for use in alliance play. Also blocks become dashes too often. It appears to me that the input is too sensitive. :(

I have been trying to control my thumbs better but this is very frustrating.

Has anyone tried something like a screen protector to work around this?
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★
    @styles430

Only thing that helped me (but not solved) was:
    Open the Settings app. Tap Accessibility > Motion. Turn on Limit Frame Rate

Overall, this is gimping your phone, but can help in MCOC.
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    I had issues when I got my iPhone 15 pro but after I told my iPhone aye stop doing that, started worked me again.
  • Sparty6Sparty6 Member Posts: 85
    It’s awful. The block hit box is off and often registers a dash in.
  • Jamaal757Jamaal757 Member Posts: 41
    Same with my iPhone 15 pro
  • DeathsworkerDeathsworker Member Posts: 164 ★★
    edited February 26

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 15 pro max and I am finding that when I am attempting to block or parry, the character dashes forward/performs a medium attack. On occasion it will cause me to dash back. It is inconsistent but it seems that when holding block and the screen moves past where I am holding block the game interprets it as a dash. I can play a lot of rounds with no issue and then it will happen over and over causing many lost fights. Anyone else having this issue? I’ve reset the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Any suggestions or is this something that will need to be addressed in a future update?

don't worry, on my iphone basic attacks caused me to dash back too. I made a ticket and support said it was my fault because of bad service and I should try closing all my open windows on the phone. :)

Legit can't make this up. Rolled a 0 for support staff apparently.
  • NW2NW2 Member Posts: 14
    This is happening on my iPhone 15, it’s awful and unplayable. Wasted too much time and resources trying to play through it. So frustrating.
  • ThiartcThiartc Member Posts: 281 ★★
    15 pro max

2 things i've noticed.

either the game doesn't recognize an input and you stand there getting hit in the face and need to press press press until block happens or dex registers

2nd one is the dash forward on block - mostly happens when i try and block a special attack when i'm close to the defender