**RESOLVED ISSUE WITH SIDE QUEST KEYS**
The game team has resolved this issue. Keys will be distributed via in-game messages and the quest timer will be extended.
More information and timeline here.
*This includes currently unclaimable keys as well*
**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

How have people's runs been with Aegon outside of the Titania lane?

jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 725 ★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Just curious outside of people who have used Aegon for the initial lane clear which has become popular, how has he done for you outside of that one...or any on the right side of the map? How expensive has it been? Did you still use Shuri/Kate/etc on your teams if you had them?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,784 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

For me, take Pikolus run, replace with aegon, add the GM revives to the path total and keep 1 there. No idea wtf was going on lol. Messed up big time on the paths but 2 shot the GM lol

you’re simply him
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,292 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

For me, take Pikolus run, replace with aegon, add the GM revives to the path total and keep 1 there. No idea wtf was going on lol. Messed up big time on the paths but 2 shot the GM lol

you’re simply him
    If you saw how I was fighting OS, Betsy, and Cap sam on this particular run you would rethink that statement lmao
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 725 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    ahmynuts said:

r4 or r5 Aegon? Ascended, max sig?

I'm really debating on the investment, mainly due to the fact I can't get him to a really high sig right now (off the top of my head, I think sig 90 with what he's currentlyt at, what I own, and if I bought out the BG store). Got 200 dust and enough cats to r4 now, and 16k shards from forming a 3rd skill t6cc.

I did get Shuri from my selector though, so I now have a r2 for future runs. Just no clue which team combination to bring for future runs and if I want to constantly pay the 'revive fee' of ramping Aegon on the next 5 path starts.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,784 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

you’re simply him
    If you saw how I was fighting OS, Betsy, and Cap sam on this particular run you would rethink that statement lmao
    you were just saving your skill for the gm
  • jdschwjdschw Posts: 133
    I have an aegon but have not played him yet. I have a basic question: how are you ramping him? Doesn't he end up losing his combo on any fight he doesn't win? Are you just getting the ramp on the victorious fights? Or do you set up the combo shield and then try to get him killed in 6 seconds?
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,058 ★★★★
    I've just taken the sauron then surfer path with just Aegon, it was doable but amping him was a pain in the ass with the 50% evade on medium, it truly sucked until you got the true accuracy, even then Aegon chose to conveniently not crit right before a medium so they could evade.

But it's definitely doable and not a unit grinder as youd expect. The red goblin path wasn't awful either.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,058 ★★★★
    jdschw said:

I have an aegon but have not played him yet. I have a basic question: how are you ramping him? Doesn't he end up losing his combo on any fight he doesn't win? Are you just getting the ramp on the victorious fights? Or do you set up the combo shield and then try to get him killed in 6 seconds?

Bring proxima for when you inevitably get hit, or get to 100+ hits and just quit out to bank them.
  • jdschwjdschw Posts: 133
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    By the way, what is the strategy when you’re fighting Titania with Aegon? Apart from talking about banking combo, I am more curious the fighting rotation….it seems that her unstoppable and indestructible and unblockable so annoying, particularly those buffs will pause….
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★

By the way, what is the strategy when you’re fighting Titania with Aegon? Apart from talking about banking combo, I am more curious the fighting rotation….it seems that her unstoppable and indestructible and unblockable so annoying, particularly those buffs will pause….

Get her in her own corner and make sure she always has a special to throw. When she throws a special she doesn’t activate her haystack. You counter her special and get another combo on and she throws another special.

I could go on forever with Aegon and was able to get some serious hits combo’s in before I quit out
    Also used Heimdall and proxima synergy - always finished off with a nice special 3 myself to get another few hits on the combo meter, good times
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 521 ★★★

I'm really debating on the investment, mainly due to the fact I can't get him to a really high sig right now (off the top of my head, I think sig 90 with what he's currentlyt at, what I own, and if I bought out the BG store). Got 200 dust and enough cats to r4 now, and 16k shards from forming a 3rd skill t6cc.

Even if you get him to sig 120, that's about 61% of your combo banked. Since he maxes out at 75% from the extra 80 sigs. That 14% is not really worth it. It really only mattered when people were still using him in some story content and he had to ramp that much faster.
    jdschw said:

He only has to not die from getting smacked. If he dies from DOT or you quit out, the combo is banked.

It's always handy to have an sp3 saved if you're doing the 20% revive ramp up. Once you get low and think you're going to potentially die. Throw the SP3, he will get a long stun, you can get a lot of hits in, possible chain into the striker and maybe even an sp1. If that takes the defender to an sp3, you can pause and quit before they land the hits in their animation, this will also bank the combo.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    No deaths in some. Incredible. I couldn't even solo one EOP fight.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 521 ★★★
    Omedenn said:

Get her in her own corner and make sure she always has a special to throw. When she throws a special she doesn’t activate her haystack. You counter her special and get another combo on and she throws another special.

I could go on forever with Aegon and was able to get some serious hits combo’s in before I quit out
    @GAMEOVERJames Basically what he said. You always want to be closing the distance to her, because her haymaker only activates on a dash. So she can actually have a haymaker ready and so long as your right in her face you can parry her if you need to. I found her to aggressively throw specials if you give just enough power to take her right onto the power bar i.e. exactly one bar or exactly two bars. You don't want her hanging around nearly another bar of power. Tapping the block also works wonders.
    Omedenn said:

Thanks for the lessen, Bro!
    Corkscrew said:

Omedenn said:

@GAMEOVERJames Basically what he said. You always want to be closing the distance to her, because her haymaker only activates on a dash. So she can actually have a haymaker ready and so long as your right in her face you can parry her if you need to. I found her to aggressively throw specials if you give just enough power to take her right onto the power bar i.e. exactly one bar or exactly two bars. You don't want her hanging around nearly another bar of power. Tapping the block also works wonders.
    Got it!

In addition, where did you farm your revives? I used to be farming the revives in Act 4 & Act 5. But recently I didn’t find any of the paths in Act 4 & Act 5 giving revives…..is there anyway to “refresh” the maps?
    @GAMEOVERJames good luck bro! Let us know, I also took my Aegon from somewhere dusted in an old box in the basement. Took him to sig 80 and r4 - was really doable

Corkscrew said:

Omedenn said:

Got it!

In addition, where did you farm your revives? I used to be farming the revives in Act 4 & Act 5. But recently I didn’t find any of the paths in Act 4 & Act 5 giving revives…..is there anyway to “refresh” the maps?
    We can never reveal our secrets. There isnt many places left, we cant have Kabam taking what little crumbs we are living off of
  • MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 840 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Corkscrew said:

Omedenn said:

Got it!

We can never reveal our secrets. There isnt many places left, we cant have Kabam taking what little crumbs we are living off of
    True, we can't say to everybody that we farm revives on 6.4.6 in auto fight
    MiniMF said:

ahmynuts said:

Corkscrew said:

Omedenn said:

Got it!

True, we can't say to everybody that we farm revives on 6.4.6 in auto fight
    BRO WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT NOW THEY'RE GONNA NERF IT
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,864 ★★★★★
    I finished the left half yesterday. Sauron and Mr. F are much harder to ramp than Titania. Doing it again, I probably would have built more combo on Namor on path 2 as opposed to going into Air Walker with a ~400 combo.
  • Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    edited November 2023

I've just taken the sauron then surfer path with just Aegon, it was doable but amping him was a pain in the ass with the 50% evade on medium, it truly sucked until you got the true accuracy, even then Aegon chose to conveniently not crit right before a medium so they could evade.

But it's definitely doable and not a unit grinder as youd expect. The red goblin path wasn't awful either.

Did you try the Odin path? I'm thinking about doing my third path but I'm low on revives, so I want to pick the easier one (Already did the titania and mr. fantastic paths).

The roblin path looks like it will cost a lot of potions to ramp up
    Red goblin should be not too hard. Just make sure you have some specials ready. Is my next path and so far I did fights of 150/200 hits each time I tried
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 725 ★★★
    Good tips, all. Keep em' coming!