Options

[Necropolis] Dr. Doom vs. Air Walker?

I know that air walker needs to be Knockdown in 15sec interval in order to avoid the massive regeneration. And it seems that Dr. Doom is one of the solid options.

But it looks like not many (or none) YouTuber post videos showing Dr. Doom vs. Air Walker, which makes me kind of confused.

Did I miss anything? Is Dr. Doom a good option for this fight?

My current team for Necropolis initial run (Taitania Path):
  • Aegon (6R5, Sig 180)
  • Dr. Doom (6R4, Sig 120)
  • Professor X (6R3)
  • Heimdall
  • Proxima Midnight
Looking forward to hearing from you guys =D

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,815 ★★★★★
    i saw someone on here used doom for the airwalker and only used one revive
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,172 ★★★★
    I think most people so far have built teams around Aegon so not brought a specific counter. If they did, it's usually wiccan for reverse control immunity.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,815 ★★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/352712/necropolis-path-2-with-doom-guide#latest
    this is what i was talking about
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★

I did but I don't think you're referring to me. Maybe it was pikolu
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 905 ★★★★
    I took airwalker in 1 rev with aegon, just constantly knock him down with the mega furies
  • Options
    ILoveDrDoomILoveDrDoom Posts: 39
    I used him for air walker and the other comics on the path, For Air Walker I would knock him down every time or used sp1 when he would reach 2 bars of power. I just kept on using doom cycle on him over and over until I died. It took me 3 revives with doom
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★

I took airwalker in 1 rev with aegon, just constantly knock him down with the mega furies

May I know your play style? It seems that the 15sec window is not easy to control, in particular the Air Walker's SP is relatively long....
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    I used him twice for air walker
    (https://www.youtube.com/live/c0JTRzgMXwk?si=6fTXceO9Tus4uE59 if you want to watch)

It was pretty safe, cost a few revives but he went down without too much trouble
  • Options

I used him for air walker and the other comics on the path, For Air Walker I would knock him down every time or used sp1 when he would reach 2 bars of power. I just kept on using doom cycle on him over and over until I died. It took me 3 revives with doom

Yeah. That's also my thought.....It seems that Dr. Doom is a good option for several fights on this path (Nova, Dragon Man....), not just for Air Walker.

Thanks a lot for the advice! I will bring Dr. Doom for the Air Walker fight!

(I do think Aegon is also do-able for all the fights I listed, but hopefully Dr. Doom can help me save some revives)

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    I just stuck with aegon and didn’t bring Doom because I didn’t want to burn units on switching on and off suicides.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,077 ★★★★★

May I know your play style? It seems that the 15sec window is not easy to control, in particular the Air Walker's SP is relatively long....
    It's possible to get airwalker in the doom cycle if you have points in MD. My doom was rank 4 and I had 3/5 in MD and I was able to do it pretty well. But sometimes my combat power fell a little short
  • Options
    Ackbar67 said:

I used him twice for air walker
    (https://www.youtube.com/live/c0JTRzgMXwk?si=6fTXceO9Tus4uE59 if you want to watch)

It was pretty safe, cost a few revives but he went down without too much trouble

Just watched it! Well done! It really gives me confidence to do it with Doom!
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Abs man can do it in one revive too btw. I used doom in a run and he is also solid.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 846 ★★★★
    Doom works very well with airwalker. He’s also noob friendly with his doom cycle so he’s a great option. 1-3 revives depending on his rank.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    Good to know that doom work for air walker. Just reading or seeing some get stuck in a revive fest against him scare me. 😂
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,397 ★★★★★
    Well, Chavez exists so that's probably why. There's no reason to use Doom over Chavez.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 905 ★★★★

So just after each special I'd go in and either relic and heavy or ml into heavy while unstoppable. It was surprisingly easy
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 248 ★★★
    He's a perfect counter for Air Walker. Just played a normal Doom rotation. I used 1 revive. My Doom is a 6* r5 ascended.