**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Amazon Prime Bundle problem

I just tried to claim the bundle and followed all of the instructions but when I opened the game nothing happened.

Comments

• Options

I just tried to claim the bundle and followed all of the instructions but when I opened the game nothing happened.

If you followed the instructions and it worked correctly, you shouldn't have had to open the game. The claiming link should open the game as part of the process.

If you didn't try to claim the previous Amazon Prime Gaming reward, players who had problems with the previous one fell mostly into the category of using a non-standard browser. For iOS that would be Safari and for Android that would be Chrome. Those browsers seemed to work consistently, while other browsers were hit and miss. Set the corresponding browser to be your default browser if it isn't already.

Also, you have to be logged into the game account you want to claim the rewards on *before* you start the whole process. If you play multiple accounts you can only claim the reward once per Amazon Gaming account, and when you try to claim it the process will automatically open your game client and drop the rewards in whatever game account the game client automatically logs into.

It kind of goes without saying, but some people got tripped up by this. You cannot claim the rewards on a PC. You have to claim them on a device that actually plays Marvel Contest of Champions. The process attempts to open your game with a special link to award the rewards. That cannot happen on a PC that does not have the game actually loaded on it. That's why the default process involves scanning a QR code with your phone. You need your phone to go to the appropriate link and complete the claiming process.
  • Options
    GizzillaGizzilla Posts: 13
    Same thing happened to me. I used the Amazon app and it wouldn't work. Google Amazon gaming, then sign in if not already signed in. Do a search for chee'ilth cause searching mcoc or even the full name of the game won't bring anything up. Then select the chee'ilth bundle, and hit redeem with the mcoc open. You'll then get a prompt in the mcoc app.
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 160 ★★
    Ok im going to try guys
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Ya. Long story short. Don't do it through the game. Close your game. Go into prime gaming on your web browser on your phone. And click redeem in game there. Doing it through kabam or Google is going to drive you insane and not work.
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 160 ★★
    I did it from the computer and scanned the QR code but nothing happened
  • Options
    Gizzilla said:

Same thing happened to me. I used the Amazon app and it wouldn't work. Google Amazon gaming, then sign in if not already signed in. Do a search for chee'ilth cause searching mcoc or even the full name of the game won't bring anything up. Then select the chee'ilth bundle, and hit redeem with the mcoc open. You'll then get a prompt in the mcoc app.

There were tons of reports from the first offer that the Amazon app doesn't work.

The only process that appears to work consistently is:

1. Open the Amazon Prime Gaming web site in a browser not on your playing device.
    2. Get to the QR redemption code, then scan it with your playing device.
    3. Make sure that the game account you want to redeem the bundle with is already logged into the game client
    4. Open the QR code directed web site.

This should:

1. Open your default browser. Make sure your default browser is Safari on iOS or Chrome on Android. If your default browser is any other browser it might work, and then again it might not work.

2. Redirect to opening your game client.
    3. Show an in-game panel that asks you to claim the reward bundle.

I *strongly* recommend not doing anything other than this exactly this.

Also, for me searching for "Contest" works. And probably because I claimed the first one, the second one was already there as a recommended option before searching.
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    So annoying. Got it to work the first time. This time, no such luck. Did the same steps through Chrome. Didn't get a clickable link like last time, just the qr code.

Did the qr code took me to the contest page, not the gaming page. Finally got it to open the game. It gave me prompts. Took me to prime gaming within the game. Of course not signed in there. Then it wouldn't let me sign in. Just kept spinning.

Go back to prime gaming page in chrome and it says I already collected it when I didn't. So annoying and convoluted.

Like why give me a qr code and a clickable link. But I see no clickable link the first time around. Only after a wild goose chase and to mock me because it's grayed out because it says I collected it. 🙄
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,316 ★★★★
    Use Google Chrome browser to claim.
  • Options
    For further info related to new Prime Gaming stuff from game, see thread below which was from when it first started.
    (start at end and work backwards, for what was eventually found to be solutions to various issues. But probably same as what has already been provided in this thread above).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/351818/amazon-gaming-bundle-is-live/p2
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    So weird. I don't play on my regular phone. Only on my backup that lives at home. Clicked the link in the Prime Gaming email on my primary phone. Took me to the redeem page, and it didn't have me logged in. I don't have chrome as my default on my primary phone. So it let me log in. Had the link highlighted,and it took me to the game and let me claim them. Really weird. So convoluted.
  • Options
    I am having the same problem. I followed all the steps. The first time it worked without any problem, I scanned the Qr code and it opened the game where I collected it.

This time however, I tried all the possible ways. Tried claiming through my phone browsers, tried scaning the qr code, everytime instead of opening the game, it redirects me to the Google play store.
    I even tried uninstalling and then scanning qr code, install game and open it. Still nothing.
    That's the problem, It doesn't take me to the game, it takes me to google play store.
  • Options
    Noble034Noble034 Posts: 86

I am having the same problem. I followed all the steps. The first time it worked without any problem, I scanned the Qr code and it opened the game where I collected it.

This time however, I tried all the possible ways. Tried claiming through my phone browsers, tried scaning the qr code, everytime instead of opening the game, it redirects me to the Google play store.
    I even tried uninstalling and then scanning qr code, install game and open it. Still nothing.
    That's the problem, It doesn't take me to the game, it takes me to google play store.

Was going to post this same thing. Everything works until it sends you to the mcoc Google play page, as opposed to opening the game like it should

I also have my account on my iPad, and it worked fine there. Just being a bit wonky on android for some reason. I'll try using Google Chrome as my default browser next time in case that's what's causing the weird redirect, as I'm using Samsung internet currently
  • Options
    Gonzymp3Gonzymp3 Posts: 3
    This still isn’t working for me. I somehow managed to get the first or second one (not sure). Then I claimed the onslaught one. Signed in several times in December. Nothing. Figured maybe it’ll come later? It’s now the “end of year bundle” and same thing. Hit redeem and nothing.

I’m on an iPhone. I only use safari. I’m on prime gaming on safari claiming. It opened to the App Store, to the game. I hit Open. Nothing. Close the game. Try the link again. App Store. “Open”. Nothing.