**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Revive farming has been "shadow nerfed"

Comments

• Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

L8Rdays said:

There is no end to the joy that these decisions bring me. Love the way Kabam decides how the players need to play the game, rather than letting them play the way they want and actually enjoy it. Good times.

Name a game where that is not the case for the operators of the game. Deciding how the game is intended to be played is not just their job, it is fundamentally their only job. MCOC is a game, not a sandbox.

Every time they make content for the game, they have to decide how difficult it is supposed to be. They need to know how strong the players will be, and how much resources they will be able to bring to bear on it. They need to know how much rewards to put into it, and what the impact of those rewards will be, and what percentage of the players will likely be able to get them. How do you think they do that? Ouija board?

You think it is a coincidence that the most egregious early act farms were targeted this year, before Necropolis was launched? If they were not targeted and removed, how high do you think the difficulty of the Necropolis would have been? If the players could easily farm hundreds of revives, the target difficulty would have required thousands for the average end game player to beat it. Because you can't target the difficulty for players who need fifty revives and allow players to farm five hundred, unless you are a complete idiot.

Or rather, you can, if long-term employment is something you're looking to avoid.
    I think you're being a bit generous to Kabam's forethought here. I do think it's coincidental that those revive farms were nerfed before necropolis. I think it was a knee-jerk reaction to how EoP was being done in like a week by players, and Kabam said as much.

As it stands, I grinded 50 revives between Saturday evening and Tuesday morning for my last path, so you can pretty easily farm hundreds of revives if you're so inclined. Maybe I'd have got 2 or 3 times as many from 3.2.6, but the kind of difficulty increase you're positing would have been more difficult by a factor of 20+.

I think this is another knee jerk reaction to Necropolis being done in like a week. Each new piece of content is a lesson...
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★

Polygon said:

Kabam Jax said:

Since we've discussed (not) silent nerfs, and data collection on this subject here, I feel this might be a good time to put this out into the battlerealm:

These earlier act revive farms will be nerfed. As we have discussed in the past, this has to happen, it is inevitable.

This is not the result of people posting in the forums, this is the result of looking at the data and the impact these types of things have on the contest, as a whole.

That being said: the timeline for this looks like it should land in early January, and likely before the final cut-off for the "Road to the Crypt" Necropolis event. So... I anticipate most of you will have free time in December... I'm not going to tell you how to use it... but you are now equipped to make informed decisions.

Then we should make adjustments to the Apothecary. 1 guaranteed revive a day is horrific. Or the 4 hour crystals need to put out more revives.
    This. Apothecary is far too outdated along with the 4 hour crystals. Its also laughable that soft revive cap of 20 for revives has not been increased yet
    There's a great way of getting your 4 hour crystals back to a more relevant state. It's called "Valiant"
    Considering valiant players have at least 2x 7* R3s, probably a handful of R2s and even more 6* R5s, the 4 hour valiant crystals are already outdated.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 232 ★★
    edited November 2023

Polygon said:

Kabam Jax said:

Since we've discussed (not) silent nerfs, and data collection on this subject here, I feel this might be a good time to put this out into the battlerealm:

These earlier act revive farms will be nerfed. As we have discussed in the past, this has to happen, it is inevitable.

This is not the result of people posting in the forums, this is the result of looking at the data and the impact these types of things have on the contest, as a whole.

That being said: the timeline for this looks like it should land in early January, and likely before the final cut-off for the "Road to the Crypt" Necropolis event. So... I anticipate most of you will have free time in December... I'm not going to tell you how to use it... but you are now equipped to make informed decisions.

Then we should make adjustments to the Apothecary. 1 guaranteed revive a day is horrific. Or the 4 hour crystals need to put out more revives.
    This. Apothecary is far too outdated along with the 4 hour crystals. Its also laughable that soft revive cap of 20 for revives has not been increased yet
    There's a great way of getting your 4 hour crystals back to a more relevant state. It's called "Valiant"
    Considering valiant players have at least 2x 7* R3s, probably a handful of R2s and even more 6* R5s, the 4 hour valiant crystals are already outdated.
    I just got Valiant today, and my first 4h crystal was 2 L5 potions, so I'm guessing they're twice as good as paragons with maybe a higher chance at better potions (that bit's just speculation) . Daily crystals have T3A and 7*s, but what more are you wanting out of 4h crystals than potions, energy, very rarely revives etc. They're not hard to get and you can stockpile as many as you like, so of course there's not going to be like a 20% chance of revives, because then the limits would be pointless.

Surprised you know what's in the valiant 4h crystal regardless. They're not really flashy enough for youtubers to open, and I'm assuming you're not valiant yourself.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Kabam Jax said:

Very unnecessary decision. You just lost my respect
    Who Jax?
  • Options
    Crossy76Crossy76 Posts: 81
    yes kabam need to earn and yes but the way kabam taking decision is like, if you wanna play or enjoy you have to use money otherwise ypu cant enjoy .
    its more like pay to do fun contents others wise dont do it
    game needs f2p players as well
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Kabam Jax said:

Trade offer: We won't get mad about the nerf to 5.4.6 if you guys stop implementing "die now" mechanics which leads us to farming revives in the first place
    You talking about Necropolis ? The same content that was just done itemless?
    Everything can potentially be done itemless granted your roster is stacked enough. It's irrelevant to my point; be realistic and stop trolling. Adults are conducting business.
  • Options
    berlioberlio Posts: 21
    I never farmed revives at the same time I have never spent money to overcome the difficult parts of the game even if I don't think I'm very good, I simply try to be patient and have enough units. Why forget that units can be accumulated even without spending? For example, I have 8000 units, it's up to me to decide whether to spend them to try necropolis, or for the banquet event. Meanwhile I decided not to spend on the black friday offer. Out of curiosity I wonder how you can farm so many revives without using units for energy refils. It just seems like a different problem to me, using all the energy refills to accumulate revives doesn't allow you to do other things in the game like BG, it certainly doesn't allow you to do too many units completing the various EQ difficulties. In other words, in my opinion it is much better to try to farm units that never expire and above all to have the patience to do things without rushing, after all it's just a game
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,271 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I respect the transparancy. I'd like to suggest making more ways to obtain lvl4 potion. If we had double the availability of those, it's make the amount of revives able to be farmed from apothecary ok.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Kabam Jax said:

Trade offer: We won't get mad about the nerf to 5.4.6 if you guys stop implementing "die now" mechanics which leads us to farming revives in the first place
    You talking about Necropolis ? The same content that was just done itemless?
    Everything can potentially be done itemless granted your roster is stacked enough. It's irrelevant to my point; be realistic and stop trolling. Adults are conducting business.
    The latest Everest challenge content is an actual challenge and is meant to be done in time ,requires you to have the latest rank of champions in order to have the easiest time to do it itemless????

Who would've thunk.

NB: It's just r2s and R5s. Not really something impossible . Unless ofcourse , you're in the boat that thinks 1*s should be able to solo by dancing around for 17 hours