**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Banquet Rewards?

13»

Comments

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Mid rewards (Not worth it)

Emilia90 said:

The best banquet rewards mostly come from the crystals, so you have to get super lucky with them. If RNG is on your side, it can be account changing, but most people aren’t that lucky lol. If you want great rewards from solo/ally ranked, be prepared to spend a lots

I expected 7* r3 gems or t4 alpha from banquet crystals but anyways
    Edit: Seems like they have t4 alpha fragments, that worth it
    Expectations are soooo off, R3 Gems really? Kabam even said in their Valiant Livestream that the only R3 Gems in 2023 will be available from Necropolis and Cyber Week.

And the next one after from 100% Act 8 in Spring 2024

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Booooo
  • Options
    Shavra911Shavra911 Posts: 6
    No weapon x this year?
  • Options
    Shavra911 said:

No weapon x this year?

He‘s in their RNG Crystals as always and for the Top Whales in Rank Rewards.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    Nosrep said:

Banquet rewards are usually very good. Much better than what you get for the other events.

This is the worst spending event this year my guy have you not seen the rewards? Lol
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Gives 2 6* Abyss, will be enough for Aegon

Good luck, brother in pain, that’s what I thought during Cyber Week, too.

Spent 10k Units to get both 6* Abyss Nexus Deals but no Ægon showed up. It’s like a 25% chance per Abyss Nexus which is probably the best we can get.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Good rewards (worth spending units on)
    WOLF_LINK said:

PT_99 said:

Good luck, brother in pain, that’s what I thought during Cyber Week, too.

Spent 10k Units to get both 6* Abyss Nexus Deals but no Ægon showed up. It’s like a 25% chance per Abyss Nexus which is probably the best we can get.
    That's why you have Aegon picture? For increased luck to pull him? Damn
    I'm seriously surprised that there's no champion selector in last milestone of Solo or Alliance.
  • Options
    ChrisP55 said:

ChrisP55 said:

The most baffling part of this event and why I find it so abhorrent is the fact that some random person with a trust fund could download this game, drop an absolutely obscene amount of money, and instantly have the best account in the game with the rarest title in the game. Does that not strike anyone as incredibly disingenuous? I understand Kabam is a business and they require events like this to support the game, but other live service games, even some of the worst, aren’t this egregiously disrespectful to the vast majority of the player base.

To clarify on this, I’m talking about the Rank 1 Solo Reward. The other rewards are fairly lackluster, but for someone to come into the game right now, play till they hit level 40, join an alliance, and then receive the most game breaking rewards in the game should they spend the most seems somewhat, strange no?
    Why does that seem strange? Seriously: why does that seem strange?

You said earlier "other live service games, even some of the worst, aren’t this egregiously disrespectful to the vast majority of the player base." I haven't played every game in existence, but one of the things I've personally found, and have said many times, is that MCOC is one of the best monetized games that I've personally ever seen. There's nothing F2P can't do, almost nothing that is paywalled, game inflation is relatively stable, and the balance between what F2P can get and what spenders can get is in general pretty good.

Most of the time, the comments around cash offers is how stupid Kabam is because the value is so poor no one would ever buy them. And yet of course people do, because otherwise there would be no game. And then every once in a while people complain about how whales can just spend themselves immediately to the top, and of course that's Kabam again being idiots, or at least completely incompetent compared to all those game monetization geniuses I keep hearing about but have never actually encountered.

I don't recall how much spending the top solo milestone implied last year, but I think it was tens of thousands of dollars. This is one person spending enough money to support literally thousands of free to play players, because someone has to pay for them, and it is the spenders doing that.

More than 95% of all the people who have ever downloaded this game would have never been able to play it if the free to play model didn't exist. Most would not have paid to buy it, or would have paid a mandatory subscription to log into it. That's the percentage of people who spend at all on this or any other F2P game. The spenders spend vastly more than what would be needed to support their own game play, and are in effect subsidizing dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of other players. What, in your opinion, is the appropriate in-game reward for someone spending enough money that a thousand other people get to play for free?

And remember, they aren't getting a permanent advantage either. In a very real sense, the guy who spends all that money to get the top tier haul is not getting something none of us will get. He's just getting it sooner. The rest of us will eventually get the same stuff, just a little later, and for vastly less cost. He's not buying a treasure chest. He's buying an advance screening of a movie the rest of us are going to stream on Netflix.

What would you think was fair for all that spending, if it was your cash? How much stuff would you think was fair, if you knew that eventually everyone else was going to get the same stuff in some easy piece of content or even the calendar one day?

Letting spenders get this stuff is the trade we make to allow millions of people to play a game for free, that otherwise still costs money. Once upon a time, we all paid ten, twenty bucks a month to play online games. An Odin or two a year. Now, 19 out of 20 people pay nothing. Someone else has to be paying twenty Odins to compensate. And most of the time they don't actually get much for that cash. But every once in a while they do, and that's not strange at all to me.
  • Options

PT_99 said:

I thought you were THE Paragon, right now you sound more like THE Cav.
    So THE Paragon MUST have Aegon? What is this logic,
    Yoo Kabam your piss poor deals making people lose their last kilobytes of logic here.
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 263
    edited December 2023
    What did I vote oops I meant blue as an uncollected noob I don’t have the units for this
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Yoo Kabam your piss poor deals making people lose their last kilobytes of logic here.
    THE Paragon doesn't need L crutch Ægon for Necropolis, he can use Kate and Shuri 😎
  • Options
    edited December 2023

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

THE Paragon doesn't need L crutch Ægon for Necropolis, he can use Kate and Shuri 😎
    THE Paragon just loves to and wants to juice up 6* Aegon to r5 and Ascension with 30% boosts, so he can go and bang out 100% Necro (by mindlessly punching everything) to then contact Kabam to have rights for THE Valaint.

Kate Shuri is cool but Pepe stream is cooler.

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

THE Paragon can easily use Kate and Shuri to fully explore Necropolis.
    The problem is, then he no longer would be THE Paragon, he would become Valiant.
    That's why he have created the Aegon lack issue, to fool and prevent himself from stop being the one, the only, THE Paragon 😎
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Middle ground, I'll spend a chunk of my units but sure as heck ain't spending money. Luckily I still have 5200 left over that I didn't need from necro exploration
  • Options
    Wfox12345Wfox12345 Posts: 28
    To me I think the high level perspective is killing the hype on this great event. Any player below high level paragon is going to really love the event, and even high level paragon player and up can still benefit, just not as much as previous years.

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    They're awful
  • Options
    Wfox12345 said:

To me I think the high level perspective is killing the hype on this great event. Any player below high level paragon is going to really love the event, and even high level paragon player and up can still benefit, just not as much as previous years.

High level Paragon (soon to be Valiant) player here, no... these are useless for me.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    Wfox12345 said:

• Options
    ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    I hope Kabam realizes how big of an issue this is. It's not just here but several posts on Reddit and other platforms with a lot of feedback. Maybe a response on their thought process for this year's rewards would help.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    I would easily take these out:

1) 4k 6*
    2) 15k 6* - (why do we need 4k, 10k and 15k 6* together with nexus and abyss class nexus)
    3) T5b (2 pcs) - (why do we need 3 t5b and 2 t5b)
    4) 10% & 50% T6c - (why do we need 10%, 25%, 50% and full t6c)
    5) paragon guardians crystal? (so that players get more iso on top of free iso?)

replace with:

1) 150k loyalty
    2) 40k incur shards
    3) 7* base (launch) crystal (only the original 36 champs)
    4) 50% and full t5c
    5) 6* feat crystal

I would change:

1) 750 & 1500 7* base to 1500 to 4000
    2) 600 7* titan to 2400 titan
    3) random AG crystal and Gen ag to jus 7 AGs (6 classes and 1 gen same rate)
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    i mean , it is definitely underwhelming , but it is not too horrible rewards . aside from t2a and t5b , i can definitely take most of the rewards in gbc