Am I sleeping on Champs that could benefit me?

What’s up, Global?

Been a while, but y’all & my alliance got me to Cav, so thank you!!! My roster has evolved ALOT since, & I’m not as knowledgeable as others on what champs are straight up OP; just wondering if any1 on my roster sticks out as some1 who I’ve neglected?

My alliance already let me know I’m messing up not ranking Herc, Fury, & Kitty (just got them as 5*s), any1 else?

Disclaimer: 6* Scorp & 6* Warlock are my next rank ups (R3); I’m more so interested in whether I’m neglecting 6 or 5* champs that’ll help me in the long run to Thronebreaker? Thanks in advance! Also, I have 5 5* AG available, 1 6*AG available, and 100+ each 5&6* sig stones, plus 1 Ascension (5*) available

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    hey global 💀
  • Futbol_4_LIFEFutbol_4_LIFE Member Posts: 63
    You sleeping on shuri, tigra, bwdo, storm x, chavez, iceman, Diablo, masacre, ibom, hype, weapon x, cgr, Kate, quake hit monkey and many more
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Member Posts: 355 ★★★
    Gonna +1 the Falcon recommendation-Black Cat with the Widow Relic builds up into a ridiculous blender and AA machine but Falcon has the easiest access to ‘no, you don’t get defensive abilities’, just dash back and hold block for 100% reduction. he also has solid damage, and his crits get bonkers if the opponent has an evade being shut down.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,288 ★★★★★
    I see a 6* Kamala Khan. You need to awaken and max sig her and take her up. Trust me, I know what im talking about as the owner of a R5 ascended 6*. Also sandman is cool also got him as R5 ascended 6*
  • DementedGainzzzDementedGainzzz Member Posts: 17
    Pikolu said:

Did you just call this place global??? I know it is bad here, but it isn't that bad.

Anyways, black cat with a 4* or higher black widow relic is awesome, Silk is awesome, Chavez is epic, and Nebula is pretty cool too.

@Pikolu my bad, I see that now! Lemme rephrase with “How goes it,, distinguished gentleman & scholars?” xD You’re right tho, global is lawless lol. Thanks for the advice, I have a 4* BW relic, perfect for Black Cat! Curious tho, about that pairing, as well as the Chavez insight? I know how to activate all 3 dimensions, but what makes her epic? Maybe I’m using her wrong…

PAIN

@Darkraw346 ALL I KNOW IS PAIN bahaha 🤣 got quite a few meme tier 6*s…. Don’t get me started on that 6* Kamala Khan….

ahmynuts said:

Nah i know you did not just call us global. We are more refined, dignified, and classy. Like refried beans

@ahmynuts Yo, I’m dead! That’s my bad, y’all are distinguished gentleman & scholars, I forgot to put respeck on that 💀 my top choice of refried beans is Rosaritas, would that be similar in class to the forum?
  • DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Member Posts: 183
    ahmynuts said:

Nah i know you did not just call us global. We are more refined, dignified, and classy. Like refried beans

repeat offender I see
    DNA3000 said:

Lots of good options in there. Besides the champs mentioned, Black Widow DO is really good in some situations, especially in some of the Thronebreaker monthly EQ skill maps. Hulk is good, I really like Immortal Abom and Omega Red, and can't go wrong with Hulkling and Torch.

I wouldn't sleep on Falcon either. His ability to turn stuff off with lock on tends to be underrated these days. And Rintrah is a pretty good counter for most Cosmics.

For relatively lower progress players still moving up, I would tend to recommend not necessarily the best all around champs, but the ones that can offer the best chance at making harder fights easier. Torch is a mystic counter, Falcon is a good ability accuracy reduction champ in general, and Rintrah is a good cosmic buff-heavy counter. Champs like Hulk and Hulkling are just good general purpose attackers.

At your stage of the game, you don't want "good" champs, you want solutions to problems. What's your biggest problems moving forward? What do you have trouble with, or what do you see as the next big challenge? Do you lack counters for poison debuffs, for evade, for miss? What defenders give you the most headaches? Figure out what your roadblocks are, the stuff that stops you or costs you the most potions and revives, and rank up what will get you past that.

@DNA3000 i appreciate the amount of insight, brotha! I wasn’t thrilled w/BWDO til recently, great against Morbius! I have a few questions based off your response, if ya don’t mind me asking?

1) Are you talking OG Hulk? Would you say he’s best of the bunch? (Rulk, Gulk, Immortal, Joe Fixit, She, Hulkling). Also, I agree w/Ibom, mainly because he’s a huge pain (not 4 me cause of Scorp & Warlock lol).
    2) Just drew that Falcon! Was holding off to see if I get a 6*…. At the same time, been doing that w/Herc, Fury, Nimgod, Kitty, & AA…. 😔 no luck, no RNG, pure pain bahaha
    3) I think my biggest obstacles rn are Unblockable, AutoBlock, Miss (Vigilance is the counter, right?), Degen, Wither/Whiplash?
    4) Defenders that give me trouble: a) BISHOP (only Incinerate immune champs like CGR, Vulture, Doom & Idoom (w/Aura activeonly) work 4 me, b) Attuma (I don’t have enough non contact attackers, I don’t think) c) Toad (I can get past poison, but it’s the constant regen. I don’t have him, so idk what even triggers it). d) Quicksilver. ‘Nuff said. Just got him as a 6*, still have a Vendetta lolol 😭💀
  • FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Member Posts: 355 ★★★
    Toad’s regen triggers on bleeds or crits, or if he’s backed into the corner-I’ve found Guardian to be really good against him since he doesn’t crit.

You sleeping on shuri, tigra, bwdo, storm x, chavez, iceman, Diablo, masacre, ibom, hype, weapon x, cgr, Kate, quake hit monkey and many more

@Futbol_4_LIFE you hit the nail on the head on many champs I’ve wanted to rank but haven’t gotten around to yet; im lacking in Mutant, Skill, & Mystic, so can you lemme know why BWDO, Chavez, Massacre, Weapon X, Hit Monkey? Also, you said I’m sleeping on CGR, I am on the 5*, because my top champ is a 6* ascended 3/5 CGR bahaha

Gonna +1 the Falcon recommendation-Black Cat with the Widow Relic builds up into a ridiculous blender and AA machine but Falcon has the easiest access to ‘no, you don’t get defensive abilities’, just dash back and hold block for 100% reduction. he also has solid damage, and his crits get bonkers if the opponent has an evade being shut down.

@Feuerschwer ’ppreciate the feedback! I JUST got Falcon last week, but I was excited because of this exact reason! The reduction in abilities, anyways, I didn’t know about his crits! Call them 90s girls on a night out, ‘cause they go wild? 🤣 hope some1 got that reference lol….
    jdschw said:

Agreed with DNA3000, the phase you're in is more about solving puzzles than finding the overall strongest champs.

If you can awaken Angela, she's fantastic for all of the DoT nodes, because once she gets a few buffs, she's basically DoT-immune. So things like biohazard, caltrops, etc.

If you get some practice with Tigra, she can make a lot of fights a lot easier, because her fighting style is so different that it effectively ignores a lot of nodes. It's pretty situational, but she can help a lot on situations with e.g. unblockable specials that she can simply miss instead of dexing, or with nodes that get shut down by heavies, since she wants to throw them all the time.

Kate does a ton of damage if you select coldsnap arrows and you can get the perfect release timing down. It's quite easy to do, since they slow down time for you to get it right.

@jdschw thanks for the insight! I honestly, did NOT know that about Angela! Ya learn something new everyday! She’s fun to play to, even if her moves are basic lol. Also, YES, LOVE Tigra!!! I’m practicing getting better w/her now, especially having a 100+sig 5* & 6* version of her! Super dope! Bit of a glass cannon tho, only issue…. Not Electro tier GC, but still….& She DEFINITELY one I’ve had my eye on since I got her. I’ve only ever heard great things, especially NOW, w/every1 tryna complete Necro…. I’ve seen that she’s a MVP there!

ahmynuts said:

repeat offender I see
    @DONZALOOG1234 elaborate, my dude? Only other post from me started w/ “Hello there, fellow Summoners,” so idk what you on about? Elaborate, I’m all ears.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    Diablo is probably one of the most sustainable mystics, and he is nutty with MD. Can easily finish fights with a full yellow bar, even if you play like garbage.
    @Feuerschwer dude, THANK YOU! I couldn’t crack the code on why, but now that I know…. I’m very guilty of backing opponents into walls 😅
    Ortoun said:

Diablo is probably one of the most sustainable mystics, and he is nutty with MD. Can easily finish fights with a full yellow bar, even if you play like garbage.

@Ortoun ’ppreciate the feedback! I’ve heard great things from Diablo. I personally love the constant poisons on M ending combos, 2 on Heavies, @ Stuns on any Sp w/SymSup! I don’t have enough good Mystics to level MD, but is there other reason I like Diablo that I don’t know?
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★

Ortoun said:

@Ortoun ’ppreciate the feedback! I’ve heard great things from Diablo. I personally love the constant poisons on M ending combos, 2 on Heavies, @ Stuns on any Sp w/SymSup! I don’t have enough good Mystics to level MD, but is there other reason I like Diablo that I don’t know?
    Customizable utility that only really costs you some ramp up time is probably the other big one. Really recommend MD for him though, is night and day difference.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Lots of good options in there. Besides the champs mentioned, Black Widow DO is really good in some situations, especially in some of the Thronebreaker monthly EQ skill maps. Hulk is good, I really like Immortal Abom and Omega Red, and can't go wrong with Hulkling and Torch.

I wouldn't sleep on Falcon either. His ability to turn stuff off with lock on tends to be underrated these days. And Rintrah is a pretty good counter for most Cosmics.

For relatively lower progress players still moving up, I would tend to recommend not necessarily the best all around champs, but the ones that can offer the best chance at making harder fights easier. Torch is a mystic counter, Falcon is a good ability accuracy reduction champ in general, and Rintrah is a good cosmic buff-heavy counter. Champs like Hulk and Hulkling are just good general purpose attackers.

At your stage of the game, you don't want "good" champs, you want solutions to problems. What's your biggest problems moving forward? What do you have trouble with, or what do you see as the next big challenge? Do you lack counters for poison debuffs, for evade, for miss? What defenders give you the most headaches? Figure out what your roadblocks are, the stuff that stops you or costs you the most potions and revives, and rank up what will get you past that.

@DNA3000 i appreciate the amount of insight, brotha! I wasn’t thrilled w/BWDO til recently, great against Morbius! I have a few questions based off your response, if ya don’t mind me asking?

1) Are you talking OG Hulk? Would you say he’s best of the bunch? (Rulk, Gulk, Immortal, Joe Fixit, She, Hulkling). Also, I agree w/Ibom, mainly because he’s a huge pain (not 4 me cause of Scorp & Warlock lol).
    2) Just drew that Falcon! Was holding off to see if I get a 6*…. At the same time, been doing that w/Herc, Fury, Nimgod, Kitty, & AA…. 😔 no luck, no RNG, pure pain bahaha
    3) I think my biggest obstacles rn are Unblockable, AutoBlock, Miss (Vigilance is the counter, right?), Degen, Wither/Whiplash?
    4) Defenders that give me trouble: a) BISHOP (only Incinerate immune champs like CGR, Vulture, Doom & Idoom (w/Aura activeonly) work 4 me, b) Attuma (I don’t have enough non contact attackers, I don’t think) c) Toad (I can get past poison, but it’s the constant regen. I don’t have him, so idk what even triggers it). d) Quicksilver. ‘Nuff said. Just got him as a 6*, still have a Vendetta lolol 😭💀
    1. Yes, OG Hulk. He relatively recently got a buff, and now he is very tanky, does gigantic damage, and can stun lock a defender for quite a while. Add poison immunity and degen resistance and he's a very solid attacker.

Is he the best? No, I would say of those champs I would give the edge to Hulkling overall. However, and this is something you will see more of as you progress in the game, I actually use Overseer the most, specifically because I take the nullify path in Map 6. Overseer is immune to poison and nullify, and the path I take has poison and nullify effects. Different content has different defenders and different nodes, and some stuff benefits certain champs over others.

3. Falcon can actually handle most autoblock: his lock on reduces the ability accuracy of most stuff including autoblock effects. It does not in general work on Miss though. Miss doesn't trigger on attack like Evade, so lock on cannot ordinarily turn off miss.

Vigilance specifically counters miss. True Sense also counters miss, which is an effect Hercules (among other champs) have. There are also champs that just plain don't miss. Both Daredevils, for example, intrinsically cannot miss. Human Torch cannot miss when his temperature is high enough. Nick Fury cannot miss when he has 5 or more charges.

4. One interesting champ that counters Bishop is OG Iron Man. He was recently buffed, and his buffs almost sound like a custom anti-Bishop tune up. OG Iron Man can block unblockable specials from mutants, so even if Bishop goes unblockable you can still just block his specials. He gains huge armor rating during opponent specials so even the blocked damage will be small. And while he has armor ups he is immune to incinerate, which means if Bishop uses an SP1 and enables Steady Release incinerates, they won't do anything to Iron Man. Plus his special attacks remove prowess effects. This also makes him useful against Kitty, since she only phases if she has four or more prowess.

The biggest problem with Toad is that hitting him while he is backed up against the wall triggers heals. Try to fight him in the middle of the map. If you push him too far to the right, back up and pull him back to the center of the map, or slightly to the left of center on your side so you have room to attack him.

Quicksilver is just someone you have to learn to fight, although since his specials can be difficult to dodge, especially SP2, there are counters that take advantage of that. For example, I like fighting QS with iBom, because I just block the SP2 and let him stack up debuffs while he is hitting me. Another counter for QS is Archangel; if you can get some bleeds on him his SP2 can sometimes just poison himself to death while you block it.

Also, if QS can't stick debuffs on you, he's much less dangerous. Anything that shakes off debuffs tends to do well against QS. Kingpin, for example.

And remember Falcon? Falcon's lock on effect stops evade. QS without evade is 75% less annoying.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    Elsa is a primo QS counter, because she just shrugs all those whiplashes and turns them into precisions.

And regarding your bishop issues: it was a surprise to me, but Angela is actually quite good here too, because once she has some buffs, she basically takes no dmg from the incinerates. (And she doesn't trigger his overload.) You'll want to bait out his SP1 a lot, because unblockable SP2 still hurts, but it does work in a pinch.

The big trick with Angela is: her furies are huge - they're like +80% attack. What you do is: build up just shy of an SP2, then throw the SP1 when you have 2 furies showing. This will give you 2 long-lived stacks of fury. Then, when you cross the SP1 threshold again, you get a third stack. At that point, every basic attack is doing something like 240% bonus damage. Then just repeat this rotation until they're dead. It won't take long!
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian

Pikolu said:

Did you just call this place global??? I know it is bad here, but it isn't that bad.

Anyways, black cat with a 4* or higher black widow relic is awesome, Silk is awesome, Chavez is epic, and Nebula is pretty cool too.

Pikolu my bad, I see that now! Lemme rephrase with “How goes it,, distinguished gentleman & scholars?” xD You’re right tho, global is lawless lol. Thanks for the advice, I have a 4* BW relic, perfect for Black Cat! Curious tho, about that pairing, as well as the Chavez insight? I know how to activate all 3 dimensions, but what makes her epic? Maybe I’m using her wrong…
    Chavez gains attack per unique dimension and per buff on the enemy. She hits like a freight train. Ability power rate reversal is extremely good. She can absolutely cheese phase 3 of the grandmaster because he won't gain power, she cheeses a lot of nodes and Mystic dispersion too with that. Lots of utility, great attack, and can be annoying on defense in BGs.

• Futbol_4_LIFEFutbol_4_LIFE Member Posts: 63
    Oh I must not have seen your top champ lol just get those champs up and you’ll be chilling tho
  • DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Member Posts: 183

I was talking to ahmynuts lol. About his second prison sentence.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Shuri Sandman. Both fantastic utility rankups.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    You shouldn’t sleep on iceman, you’ll be cold!
    I’ll… show myself out.