9 Days of Giveways: Dec 21st - Q&A Submission Thread

Comments

• VerreauxVerreaux Member Posts: 44
    After the closure of the sister game Marvel Realm of Champions, the Barons of Battleworld fled their home and, according to the last "State of the Battlerealm" map they now reside within different realms of the battlerealm, along with The Trader. Are there any plans or interest to have these characters appear more prominently within the contest?
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
    Will there be a update to incursions so it can be run more often for relics? Or open up all levels to people rather than just the top 3?
  • Bee2JayBee2Jay Member Posts: 109
    Following up on a post i made before
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/354586/request-for-kabam-to-create-preset-champ-tabs-for-standard-game-modes#latest

Is there any chance that the "LOAD PRESET TEAM" option could be looked into for the ones who likes it
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    Can we get an investigation on who picks first on bgs....The statistics of who picks first is obviously failed....I am currently on a 72 pick-first game streak...no cap
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,258 ★★★★★
    Why did you make Air-Walker the best champion in the game?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,088 ★★★★★
    What is the roadmap for releasing new relics?
    Can we again get a poll on deciding the champs that enter the titan crystals?
    We need clarification on who picks first in bgs, how thay is determined?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Which champs would you rebalance (nerf) and how/why?

How frustrating is the forum?

What would you do to make a meme champ good?
  • arifin74arifin74 Member Posts: 156
    Proposed Incursion Tier Distributions System:

The current system is based on the number of champions, making it easy to reach tier 2, but a team of your best champions may only be eligible for sectors 2. This results in missing out on top zone rewards, and milestone rewards become challenging to achieve.

To address this, a system based on team power seems logical. The tier should also align with this logic. Instead of considering the number of champions, we can focus on the number of ranked champions, mirroring the sector condition to match the power level. For example:

Tier 5: 3 4* R5
    Tier 4: 3 5* R3
    Tier 3: 3 5* R5
    Tier 2: 3 6* R3
    Tier 1: 3 6* R4 (6* R3 can't reach sector 6 and needs ascension)
  • BobsBobs Member Posts: 21

Can we get an investigation on who picks first on bgs....The statistics of who picks first is obviously failed....I am currently on a 72 pick-first game streak...no cap

I’ve never understood why both players don’t pick at the same time for each round.

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,004 ★★★★★
    I think if we look back at previous roadmaps we pretty much know where we stand with everything now except for Masteries.
    -So the main thing I’d appreciate is an update on the future of masteries. Even if the answer is, there are no longer have any plans to alter this part of the game. I’d love it if there was a change, but if there is zero plans for any changes it would be great to know
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,331 ★★★★★
    Knordy said:

Why did you stop making cutscenes after a monthly EQ, or will they return someday?

Even worse, it's been so long yet no cutscenes in Story mode, why the heck
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,331 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

Which champs would you rebalance (nerf) and how/why?

How frustrating is the forum?

What would you do to make a meme champ good?

I can answer the last question...
    Their Psycho man "buff" was simply some durations extension, and ignorance of the VERY big problem of majority of his kit which is that in Fear and Doubt modes he is flat out unplayable
  • DocSasquatch19DocSasquatch19 Member Posts: 25
    Pourquoi faut il utiliser plus d unites que l année dernière.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,224 ★★★★★
    Is there going to be a Summoner's Choice in 2024?
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    Will we get a new state of the battlerealm map
  • ChefTodoChefTodo Member Posts: 3
    Are there any plans to update the rewards for act 5 or 6 like you have for act 4
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 801 ★★★
    When will the mastery loadout for arena be implemented?
  • RRNYRRNY Member Posts: 25
    For Both Jax & Miike... Favorite SP3 Animation & Which Champ has the Worst SP3 Animation, And last but not least been wondering this since he was released, Why is Air Walker the ONLY Champ that cannot activate his SP3 in Arena? The Ai can throw it in arena, But we cant.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    I'm also very curious about relics. The past below is the last information we got about relics, and to say it was vague would be a massive understatement.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342615/adjustment-to-relics-release-cadence/p1

That was shared on Aug. 1st, and to my knowledge, there hasn't been a single mention of relics since then, however content continues to be released where summoners are punished for not having them equipped.

By my math, there are a total of 96 relics across all rarities, but some are so niche to the champs they benefit, that they could almost be excluded from being beneficial in any way other than simply counting as having a relic equipped for those nodes that punish not having one.

If you couple that with the fact that, in my opinion, even very targeted relics, like Venom on Venom, are really only beneficial at 5 and 6* rarities, and the number of "beneficial" relics gets even smaller.

All of this leads me to my ultimate frustration which is that I feel like I spend more time trying pick and swap beneficial relics for champs than I do actually using them.

Please, please, please provide us with some sort of update!
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    When can we expect an arena overhaul? E.g
    1. Sunday arena (no use of 7* possible)
    2. resources which can be obtained there (premium crystal shards - seriously?)
    3. general functionality update (new items to make arena feel fresh?)
    4. Reallocating milestones between the arenas anew (4,4 mio in 4* arena is insane, 12 mio in featured is way too low since 7*s are here)

Man give arena some love
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Member Posts: 445 ★★★★
    If you could plan any community event, without any concern for budget and logistics, what would that look like?
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Falcon?
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Why does there seem to be a disconnect when it comes to communicating when things on the roadmaps fall through or won't make their suspected date?

New masteries coming has basically become a meme at this point, it was featured on a roadmap, then to my knowledge never spoken of again.
    I'd love to see a new roadmap that also updates us with stuff like that
    In the past we've seen a player's choice when it comes to champ reworks where players got to vote on who was deserving of a rework if I remember correctly.

This has since evolved into Summoner's Choice where we get to vote on new champs being added.
    Is there any chance we'll see a rework vote again in the future?
    What is something you guys like doing to relax after work? Cooking? Baking? Reading? Etc.

And any specific media franchises besides Marvel you guys are fans of?
    As discussed in a recent livestream, there are only few communities and community managers that interact as much as this one.

What is one thing however you think you could improve on as community managers?
  • gohard123gohard123 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★
    Can Arena be made into a mode like Battlegrounds where the masteries can be saved? Switching masteries just for Arena is becoming tedious especially with the new AW defence placement
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    How does the dev team feel about how Aegon is being used in necropolis?
  • MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Member Posts: 56
    As the game progresses, most new champions are being very utilized across the battle-realm. With the introduction as 7-stars, doesn't it seem time to buff collectible champs. Maestro is amazing, weapon x is solid, Jessica Jones is greart, deathless thanos is supposed to be good. Why can't champs such as og kang and thanos be playable? I'd like to know how Kabam chooses who to receive a buff. I feel like many of the community would prioritize buffing collectible champs.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,224 ★★★★★
    any chance of someone doing a recap of which questions they answered and what they said, since I missed the stream?