**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Holiday Gift?

Comments

• Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Alright
    Normax_X said:

only good if u get a good pull lol, rng based gift kinda meh

So true. 7* generic R1-R2 gem would have been better.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Meh

It was a gift so anyone complaining is a knucklehead.

Was the Banquet event also a gift? They ruined one, the least they could do is not ruin the other one, mister white knight sir.
    Yep, this.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Great
    It's positive for sure. Getting a 7 star for paragon would have been sweeter with option of the titan for valiant. I am paragon and had some shards so had enough to open a 7 star. If I didn't would have been a bit disappointed to not be able to open a 7 star. Not ranking many 6 stars beyond r4 now.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Great

Was the Banquet event also a gift? They ruined one, the least they could do is not ruin the other one, mister white knight sir.
    They could have also done no banquet or event whatsoever so....
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Amazing
    BeastDad said:

Lovejoy72 said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Just a follow up… I really wish these would be geared toward rank ups with guaranteed value. RNG for a gift doesn’t feel like a gift unless you hit the lottery. Why make some of the player base unhappy after an already lackluster Banquet? December has not been a good month for Kabam.

This was my contention as well, but I knew for 100% certain that it was going to be like this.

Valiant players do not want Abyss nexus crystals, we want 7*'s. I would have traded that for a 1-2 gem, hell even a class 1-2 gem.
    I was surprised at what valiant got… less than I expected.
    There was very little reason to rush for that title at this point, serious buyers remorse here.
    I disagree. I’ve gotten at least 8 T6b just from the daily crystal, along with many other T3a, t6cc, etc.
    That’s the literal only benefit.

Yes that crystal has been great, but I could have easily just waited and not spent money to get valiant early.
    I can see where people would see it as a poor money investment. But there’s no problem with the value of doing 100% necro. I haven’t looked at 4 hour crystals yet. And the bonus deals have been the definition of fluff. But if you got valiant from doing Necro, and then compound value of daily crystals (literally 2x per day crystals), it’s worth it.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Amazing

But it was done in such an odd way. Like, the banquet event was massively overly rewarding, progression broken for TB and below. And in exchange, their gift was precisely only appropriate for the meta that those progression titles originally started in. A six star one to two is exactly what cav needed when cav mattered. But now they feel like it was a punishment.

And for both events, valiant is sort of just whatever is happening to paragon only slightly exaggerated.

I feel like we need another five or six months for all of this to shake out.

• Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 160 ★★
    Alright

the way valiant was hyped and for us to get a 7 star crystal and an abyss which is essentially the paragon gift minus shards

Totally agree, I was so hyped I became Valiant after they said it was going to be fire and I was thinking the gift would be at least a 7 star class crystal but damn lol.
    Cant complain though, from the abyss nexus I finally pulled scorpion (I had opened 3 abyss nexus with no luck)
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    Alright
    Buttehrs said:

Or hear me out, I had this crazy idea before the event was out and I'm sure nobody at Kabam thought about it: make it better than last year since that's what 90% of the playerbase was expecting, crazy idea huh?
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Great
    Pretty nice (as a Valiant) - haven't even collected it yet, but it looks good.

Edit: Got a new 7* Guardian so I'm happy!
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Amazing
    Normax_X said:

Even if you duplicate someone, that's free sigs into that champ, Iso and shards...

It's something you didn't have before today. If you're so dissatisfied with a free gift, give it back.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Amazing

Ruin what? It is a Holiday Gift. I don't agree with the reactions towards the Banquet, but I can make a logical comparison, considering the amount people invest to participate. That's also just like anything else in the game. If you don't think it's worth it, don't do it.
    When it comes to this, it's nothing short of entitlement. We got a gift. We did nothing for it other than pressing the App, and claiming it. Colin may not have chosen the same words I did, but he's not far off.
  • Options
    Alright

Normax_X said:

Even if you duplicate someone, that's free sigs into that champ, Iso and shards...

It's something you didn't have before today. If you're so dissatisfied with a free gift, give it back.
    Right cause sigs iso and shards are so rare lol what an amazing gift guys I got something I could've got just by playing BGs for a week or less!
    For the record I don't think the gift was absolutely terrible, it was alright but people have the right to be upset and want more than an alright gift after Kabam butchered the Banquet event the way they did.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★
    Great

the way valiant was hyped and for us to get a 7 star crystal and an abyss which is essentially the paragon gift minus shards

Totally agree, I was so hyped I became Valiant after they said it was going to be fire and I was thinking the gift would be at least a 7 star class crystal but damn lol.
    Cant complain though, from the abyss nexus I finally pulled scorpion (I had opened 3 abyss nexus with no luck)
    After they hyped the cyber weekend Valiant deals to be good I wasn't putting too much stock in that statement again for the gift. Though I was fine with the gift
  • Options
    Alright

Ruin what? It is a Holiday Gift. I don't agree with the reactions towards the Banquet, but I can make a logical comparison, considering the amount people invest to participate. That's also just like anything else in the game. If you don't think it's worth it, don't do it.
    When it comes to this, it's nothing short of entitlement. We got a gift. We did nothing for it other than pressing the App, and claiming it. Colin may not have chosen the same words I did, but he's not far off.
    You don't agree with the reactions towards Banquet because A. You're a low end Paragon player and B. You're always white knighting Kabam.
    There's no entitlement here, the Banquet event was factually trash for any endgame Paragon player, and this was an alright gift, no entitlement just facts.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Amazing

You don't agree with the reactions towards Banquet because A. You're a low end Paragon player and B. You're always white knighting Kabam.
    There's no entitlement here, the Banquet event was factually trash for any endgame Paragon player, and this was an alright gift, no entitlement just facts.
    I don't agree with the reaction towards Banquet because there's literally no logical argument to the expectation of more, when you consider what the potential Rewards in those Crystsls are, in combination with the Rewards available in other areas like Necro and RttC, and factor in their own reasoning behind wanting people to push content more than buy out. Which has literally been the argument towards any sale or Gifting/Banquet Event. Yet here we are, with people complaining.
    You can take all the cheap shots you want at my level of progress, but I'm enjoying it because I'm not sulking on what I didn't get.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Great

Buttehrs said:

Or hear me out, I had this crazy idea before the event was out and I'm sure nobody at Kabam thought about it: make it better than last year since that's what 90% of the playerbase was expecting, crazy idea huh?
    And yet they warned yall about expectations....
  • Options
    Alright
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

And yet they warned yall about expectations....
    So then someone at Kabam did think about it but they still made it terrible? That's even worse.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Meh
    Its aight.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Alright
    It was a free gift so thank you. I know in previous years I’ve felt more excited by the free Christmas gift. Valiant player here and I prefer less RNG in my life. I now have an Sig 40 Silver Surfer that I’ll never rank up or use. Some people may love this champion, but personally it’s not pull I’d ever choose. But i guess if I had gotten a champ I wanted I’d be a bit more enthused about my new Christmas present, instead I pretty much just see this as 600 Titan shards. I could be wrong on this as well but at this point in the game I don’t think there are too many Valiant players that see Abyss Nexus crystals as much more than an opportunity for a Max Sig crystal. But they are free gifts, so thank you Kabam.
  • Options
    HoadyOZHoadyOZ Posts: 189
    edited December 2023
    Amazing
    7* Mr Neg. I did nothing to earn it, so I’ll take it and stfu.
  • Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    Amazing
    I’m happy with this! Pulled, but my 6* Nexus kinda sucked.

I know they didn’t give any rank up gems, and a 2-3 was definitely out of the pic, would have liked a 7* 1->2 rank up gem as well.
  • Options
    Alright

I don't agree with the reaction towards Banquet because there's literally no logical argument to the expectation of more, when you consider what the potential Rewards in those Crystsls are, in combination with the Rewards available in other areas like Necro and RttC, and factor in their own reasoning behind wanting people to push content more than buy out. Which has literally been the argument towards any sale or Gifting/Banquet Event. Yet here we are, with people complaining.
    You can take all the cheap shots you want at my level of progress, but I'm enjoying it because I'm not sulking on what I didn't get.
    Potential rewards? When the drop rates are this bad? Most people like me got useless items out of the crystals due to the size of my account and progression and due to the drop rates being terrible. You can keep screaming inside that echo chamber all you want but there's a reason 90% of the playerbase was complaining, you're part of that 10% that eats whatever is served to them without asking any questions.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 23
    edited December 2023
    Amazing
    Amazing that people complain about a gift, smh.
    I’m grateful for what I got. Thanks and happy holidays to anyone celebrating.
  • Options
    Meh
    Honestly looking at it from a cav perspective it wasn't all that great it was free so thanks kabam for that but the drop off from TB to Cav was a little crazy, honestly though if I was TB or above I woulda been happy I just woulda loved to see a 6* hero crystal to go from a 6* nexus to nothing just seemed a little unfair. Thanks for the gift though Kabam.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Great
    I thought, for Paragon and Valiant at least the gift was great. 6* still have value ,especially with ascension, so even though I have most 6* I don’t have all and I don’t have them all at sig 200 so the Abyss nexus was nice. 7500 7* shards is great. It’s enough to feel significant and enough fewer than Valiant got so that their title felt meaningful. I think it was not an easy nut to crack but they struck the right balance in my opinion. Nice work Kabam and thank you for the gift!
  • Options
    Tinnr95Tinnr95 Posts: 58
    Amazing
    I don’t understand why people are complaining. It’s free, Kabam could have easily not gave us anything. Be grateful and be merry! It’s Christmas!
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    I just came to read all the whiny,, entitled comments.some of you never fail to disappoint. .
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Amazing
    I'm happy with a 7* Fixit and a Photon from abyss Nexus. Thank you Kabam.