**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Holiday Gift?

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    Great

Normax_X said:

only good if u get a good pull lol, rng based gift kinda meh

Even if you duplicate someone, that's free sigs into that champ, Iso and shards...

It's something you didn't have before today. If you're so dissatisfied with a free gift, give it back.
    Right cause sigs iso and shards are so rare lol what an amazing gift guys I got something I could've got just by playing BGs for a week or less!
    For the record I don't think the gift was absolutely terrible, it was alright but people have the right to be upset and want more than an alright gift after Kabam butchered the Banquet event the way they did.
    Wow, it's almost like that's how everything in this game works. Offers, rewards, gifts... you get something you could've gotten elsewhere by just playing the game. The difference here is that this is in addition to all of that. It's being given for free, without you needing to do anything aside from claim it.

It's a free gift, Kabam didn't have to give us anything. Imagine just how many complaints there would be then. There was absolutely no promise or arrangement beyond: "We're giving out a gift and there will be a Valiant tier." So yeah, manage your expectations better.

It's a free gift.

Are you entitled to something beyond what was given? If so, why and what? Genuinely - I would like to know. Not you specifically but the royal "you". The community. People have been posting for weeks what they were imagining and what they'd like... but I promise you, Kabam could have given absolutely everyone a gift of their own selection and people would still complain and call it trash. "My alt account doesn't qualify?? That's outrageous!"

So really. What exactly are you entitled to as a free holiday gift and why are you entitled to it? Because you played a game? Because you spent some units? Spent some real world money? Does that mean others are more or less entitled to the gift?

I know this ask won't actually change anyone's stance and will just result in some "disagree" spams but to everyone actually disappointed or even angry I say this: Do some self-reflection. You're disappointed? That's your own fault. Legitimately. You sent the expectations and now you're struggling with the fact that the expectations were neither met nor were they surpassed. That's not on Kabam. That's not their failure. It's yours.

The sense of entitlement in this community is beyond ridiculous.
    Take a shot every time he says the gift was free
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Amazing
    ahmynuts said:

Hah! Gottem!
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Alright
    Was alright for me. The 7* shards are a nice bonus compared to last year's gift.

Would have been great if the Nexus gave the desired champ but this is by no means a complaint. So thank you and merry christmas everyone. 😊
  • Options
    Warlock14Warlock14 Posts: 27
    edited December 2023
    Alright
    Got Sam Captain America in 7star crystal, is he good?
    Is his 'Lock on' better than OG falcon?

• Options
    Warlock14Warlock14 Posts: 27
    edited December 2023
    Alright
    Wanted to have Fantman so bad had to sacrifise Nimrod over it. (coz i had 5 star ascended nimrod, will get him later somehow).
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Great
    I think Kabam should stop giving ann annual holiday gift. People are too ungrateful. Too entitled.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,296 ★★★★★
    Alright

Normax_X said:

Even if you duplicate someone, that's free sigs into that champ, Iso and shards...

It's something you didn't have before today. If you're so dissatisfied with a free gift, give it back.
    Right cause sigs iso and shards are so rare lol what an amazing gift guys I got something I could've got just by playing BGs for a week or less!
    For the record I don't think the gift was absolutely terrible, it was alright but people have the right to be upset and want more than an alright gift after Kabam butchered the Banquet event the way they did.
    Wow, it's almost like that's how everything in this game works. Offers, rewards, gifts... you get something you could've gotten elsewhere by just playing the game. The difference here is that this is in addition to all of that. It's being given for free, without you needing to do anything aside from claim it.

It's a free gift, Kabam didn't have to give us anything. Imagine just how many complaints there would be then. There was absolutely no promise or arrangement beyond: "We're giving out a gift and there will be a Valiant tier." So yeah, manage your expectations better.

It's a free gift.

Are you entitled to something beyond what was given? If so, why and what? Genuinely - I would like to know. Not you specifically but the royal "you". The community. People have been posting for weeks what they were imagining and what they'd like... but I promise you, Kabam could have given absolutely everyone a gift of their own selection and people would still complain and call it trash. "My alt account doesn't qualify?? That's outrageous!"

So really. What exactly are you entitled to as a free holiday gift and why are you entitled to it? Because you played a game? Because you spent some units? Spent some real world money? Does that mean others are more or less entitled to the gift?

I know this ask won't actually change anyone's stance and will just result in some "disagree" spams but to everyone actually disappointed or even angry I say this: Do some self-reflection. You're disappointed? That's your own fault. Legitimately. You sent the expectations and now you're struggling with the fact that the expectations were neither met nor were they surpassed. That's not on Kabam. That's not their failure. It's yours.

Right but all those other events and even the free ones were great on another level, difference which you conveniently omitted.

I never said any of that, if you read my comment slowly you'll realize I said the gift was alright lol. All I said was white knights acting like the gift is "amazing" because it's free is dumb, and if some Paragons feel the gift was disappointing they're free to feel that way because of how bad the Banquet event was this month for them, it's really not that deep.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,296 ★★★★★
    Alright
    ahmynuts said:

Normax_X said:

It's a free gift.

He's the one farming disagrees lol
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    Other (Show me Results)
    No gift for account proven progression and below.
  • Options
    Amazing

Right but all those other events and even the free ones were great on another level, difference which you conveniently omitted.

I never said any of that, if you read my comment slowly you'll realize I said the gift was alright lol. All I said was white knights acting like the gift is "amazing" because it's free is dumb, and if some Paragons feel the gift was disappointing they're free to feel that way because of how bad the Banquet event was this month for them, it's really not that deep.

I'm not conveniently leaving anything out. Every single time there's a free gift there are people complaining about it not being good enough. You want to search through the history and see it? The response almost every single year is the same thing: "This gift would be good for my former progression level but it's trash for the one I'm on now!"

Every. Single. Time. So no, I don't buy your "they were on another level!".

Every single time there's compensation given out there are people who complain that it's not good enough.
    The shooting stars, people complained. The Paragon challenges, so straightforward and pretty easy for the rewards, people still complain. The past two Side Quests have been horrible - the Goldpool track wasn't great. Complaints.

The Triple-Double track was one of the best things Kabam's done this year, they practically gave away a 7* and oh wait, people still complained about it.

Kabam decided to add more milestones to the Necropolis challenge - additional rewards. People still complain and act entitled as if 1000 7* shards isn't enough. We should be getting Titan shards or Crystals or Sig stones or T4 alpha fragments instead.

I understand that you said the gift was alright, which is why I specified that my comments weren't referring to you in particular but the royal "you" (community) complaining about the gift.

Do I get annoyed at things Kabam does? All the time, I've probably been more snarky in posts than the majority of people on these forums. I also think the Valiant daily crystals should have a small possibility of giving out T4 Alpha fragments because it's the next tier and yet we have absolutely no way of getting R3 characters. Every single progression level prior to this has helped those summoners rank additional champions to the tier required for obtaining that progression level. There are many things we can choose to question and get disappointed about. But getting annoyed or angry at a gift not living up to expectations that we set is something that's genuinely not fair to put on Kabam. That's not on them and pretending it is is nothing more than pure entitlement. Saying as much is not white knighting anything - it's simply being honest.

I got a 7* that I didn't have before today. I'm fortunate in that aspect. But yeah, the gift was RNG. So there's a chance I could have duped my 7* VTD and made him sig 40. Which would have sucked, but I wouldn't really have room to complain. I didn't get a new champion and I don't need a 6* at all, but I got ISO, gold and Shards.

I think the gift was awesome because I set my expectation of getting nothing exciting. So what I got was far more than what I expected. So yeah, thanks Kabam.

Again, to the people who are disappointed, I ask to reflect and be honest: is the disappointment simply because you expected more than what you got and if so: What would have made you happy and why do you feel entitled to that instead of what you recieved?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    Great

I'm not conveniently leaving anything out. Every single time there's a free gift there are people complaining about it not being good enough. You want to search through the history and see it? The response almost every single year is the same thing: "This gift would be good for my former progression level but it's trash for the one I'm on now!"

Every single time there's compensation given out there are people who complain that it's not good enough.
    The shooting stars, people complained. The Paragon challenges, so straightforward and pretty easy for the rewards, people still complain. The past two Side Quests have been horrible - the Goldpool track wasn't great. Complaints.

The Triple-Double track was one of the best things Kabam's done this year, they practically gave away a 7* and oh wait, people still complained about it.

Kabam decided to add more milestones to the Necropolis challenge - additional rewards. People still complain and act entitled as if 1000 7* shards isn't enough. We should be getting Titan shards or Crystals or Sig stones or T4 alpha fragments instead.

I understand that you said the gift was alright, which is why I specified that my comments weren't referring to you in particular but the royal "you" (community) complaining about the gift.

Do I get annoyed at things Kabam does? All the time, I've probably been more snarky in posts than the majority of people on these forums. I also think the Valiant daily crystals should have a small possibility of giving out T4 Alpha fragments because it's the next tier and yet we have absolutely no way of getting R3 characters. Every single progression level prior to this has helped those summoners rank additional champions to the tier required for obtaining that progression level. There are many things we can choose to question and get disappointed about. But getting annoyed or angry at a gift not living up to expectations that we set is something that's genuinely not fair to put on Kabam. That's not on them and pretending it is is nothing more than pure entitlement. Saying as much is not white knighting anything - it's simply being honest.

I got a 7* that I didn't have before today. I'm fortunate in that aspect. But yeah, the gift was RNG. So there's a chance I could have duped my 7* VTD and made him sig 40. Which would have sucked, but I wouldn't really have room to complain. I didn't get a new champion and I don't need a 6* at all, but I got ISO, gold and Shards.

I think the gift was awesome because I set my expectation of getting nothing exciting. So what I got was far more than what I expected. So yeah, thanks Kabam.

Again, to the people who are disappointed, I ask to reflect and be honest: is the disappointment simply because you expected more than what you got and if so: What would have made you happy and why do you feel entitled to that instead of what you recieved?
    I'm not going to respond to the whole thing but I am going to Single out the t4a. I'm guessing as it becomes more common they'll update the dailies with.a very small amount
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Great
    Buttehrs said:

Thronebreakers font need 7* though. Yall can easily do act 7 and 8 with 6*. You don't even need r4s because you only need r3s to even be a paragon so what makes yall think you need 7*?

They don’t need 7* s to try and remain competitive in wars and battlegrounds ?
  • Options
    Amazing
    ahmynuts said:

I'm not going to respond to the whole thing but I am going to Single out the t4a. I'm guessing as it becomes more common they'll update the dailies with.a very small amount

I hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. They want R3 to be a bottleneck due to how quickly we could obtain 7* and the resources to R2 being shared. I imagine that we will only be able to buy T4a shards from Glory/BG/Loyalty stores or get them from content.

I don't like it, but that's a completely separate conversation, sorry.

To get back on point: I know it doesn't seem like it but I support everyone's stance here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm truly sorry if people feel disappointed. I may not agree, but that shouldn't diminish how they feel.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★
    Great

Buttehrs said:

Thronebreakers font need 7* though. Yall can easily do act 7 and 8 with 6*. You don't even need r4s because you only need r3s to even be a paragon so what makes yall think you need 7*?

They don’t need 7* s to try and remain competitive in wars and battlegrounds ?
    No. They don't. They will never be able to compete with whales or older accounts unless they spend alot of money.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    Other (Show me Results)

Below proven progression level; from something to nothing.
  • Options
    FuneralMistFuneralMist Posts: 93 ★★
    Emilia90 said:

I had my expectations set around this level. I’m still a paragon (almost valiant) but I know there’s a pretty big disparity between paragons at this point so I didn’t expect the gift to be anything crazy

Still no Photon from the abyss nexus though

Atleast I got a new s99..still trying for photon..back to featured I guess
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    "Slap in the face"
    So 2022 xmas gift Cavalier got generic 6r2 gem

2023 get class 6r2 gem lol, thats is actually worse

how does it get worse for cavaliers from previous year.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Alright
    It’s alright. Seems a little weird that Valiant only got twice the shards as Paragon, but also makes me glad I didn’t crush myself for the new progression title.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Alright
    It was okay, I guess

Tried my luck with another Mutant Nexus...

still no Apocalypse
  • Options
    AgenteMagnusAgenteMagnus Posts: 32
    Great
    Perfect christmas gift.

• Options

Yes but the people complaining is usually the minority, when you have more than half the playerbase upset you're obviously doing something wrong unless you're delusional.

Half the playerbase has never been upset about anything. Less than half the playerbase could have even articulated what changed in 12.0, much less be upset about it at the time. And that's the oft-quoted high water mark for player revolt.

I'll bet real cash that 75% of the playerbase just went oh look, free gift and that was the end of their thought process about the xmas gift this year.

I don't hear tons of players actually upset: some thought it was fine, some thought it should be higher, but I have to come to the forums to find people actually upset about it, as I do for most things. Even the Reddit seems much less angry in general than they used to be.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    I’ve heard good things about her…

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,250 ★★★★★
    Amazing
    BeastDad said:

Yes but the people complaining is usually the minority, when you have more than half the playerbase upset you're obviously doing something wrong unless you're delusional.

You can believe what you want lol it takes three brain cells to figure out which items are relevant to an endgame player and which ones aren't it's not rocket science.

The SQs have in fact been garbage and Kabam already acknowledged this in the livestream so I don't know what you're implying by using that as an example.

We are in fact getting 1k Titan shards as additional milestones not 7* shards. I'm confused now, you're mad about people complaining but you just gave me two examples of Kabam agreeing with the playerbase when it comes to free stuff to prove what? Lol

If people don't voice their opinions on the forums then how exactly will Kabam know what the playerbase is or isn't interested in? Kabam Miike himself has asked people for constructive criticism multiple times when it comes to complaints, and telling people to be quiet just because it's a free gift isn't really helping Kabam or the playerbase.

The disappointment doesn't come just from the gift, it comes from everything that's happened this month as a whole. Not only was it mcoc's anniversary it's Christmas too, and the Banquet event as well as the calendars and SQ were all disappointing. I can guarantee you if the Banquet hadn't been as bad as it was, at least 50% of the people angry in the comment section would not be complaining.
    To further expand on this, people keep on using the term "gift" as if Kabam is doing something benevolent for the player base. This is a huge misconception.

For many, the amount of money spent on this game annually certainly warrants "customer appreciation" events that keep interest growing. There is no such thing as "business appreciation" for a reason, we show our appreciation with dollars, and Kabam shows theirs with rewarding our loyalty/purchases with events like these.

When you flop hard with major events, customers show their dissatisfaction, it is not rocket science. The worst thing a business can do is keep repeating the same mistake over and over.
    I'm sorry, what?
    They don't owe you anything for spending on the game other than access to what you pay for. Courtesies are appreciated but never demanded.
    We hear this justification regularly. "We spend enough money on the game...." Only, it's not one individual. It's a collective of people who choose to spend on advancing instead of waiting. For that, they get what they pay for. Further to that, most of the people who make that argument don't spend at all, or enough to be that entitled.
    All of our Accounts have something they never had before today. This isn't an obligation. It isn't remuneration or a stipend. It's a gift to acknowledge the holidays.
    If people aren't happy with what it is, that's one thing. If people are going to claim it's owed to us, I draw the line.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,975 ★★★★★
    Chaos_28 said:

im cav and have gotten my first r4 6 star from the banquet crystals and then get a rank 1 to rank 2 gem from what is supposed to be a good christmas gift. wouldve loved it it was a rank 2 to rank 3 gem but a rank 1 to 2 is just terrible

They’re not going to gift Cavs the rank up resource needed to progress to TB. Just like TB won’t be gifted a rank 4 gem.
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★
    "Slap in the face"
    Just bitter I’m not Valiant yet… 😤
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    Great
    Chaos_28 said:

im cav and have gotten my first r4 6 star from the banquet crystals and then get a rank 1 to rank 2 gem from what is supposed to be a good christmas gift. wouldve loved it it was a rank 2 to rank 3 gem but a rank 1 to 2 is just terrible

To get Thornbreaker you need r3’s and to do the grandmaster fight. They never give anything that would help you achieve your next progression requirements. Thats how it’s always been. Especially for free.