**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Doctor Octopus sp2 is very hard to see

Hi
About the recent champ you released, it's almost impossible to see Doctor Octopus's rocks when he throw them, especially when the screen dim when he use the special, I think only can see them if I'm at full brightness and this is very bad for my eyes (and yours)
please change their colors at least

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I was talking with my alliance mates about this over the last few days. The projectiles from his L2 are difficult to see. Black/dark projectiles on a black/dark background seems like a bad design choice.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    They are difficult to see but the timing is very similar to arch angels sp1 so even though you can't see the projectiles if you pay attention to his arms you can still fully evade it
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    @MikeHock yeah, I hope they fix it in the next patch
    @Sungj still, it's hard to evade something you can't even see, they should do something about it, we adapted more than enough since 12.0 released
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Agree, I have to parry all the time
  • Didn't even know he was throwing anything the first fight. Just assumed he was after taking damage. Looked for it after that. Still couldn't see em. Very very bad design. But easy fix. Should take zero time.
    @Kabam Zibiit
    glade to hear from Kabam team, would be nice to keep us updated about dev team respond
    thanks
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Imagine how many people will be angry if the development team addresses this before "fixing" Carnage.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Well this is more beneficial to be able to actually see an opponents attack than to change a champs abilities completely. I wasn't sure what his attack was the first few times he used it because I could barely see the animation.
    @IAmNotUrMom
    I thought they already said it's working as intended (still sooo bad) no idea what bug are you talking about?
    anyway
    you are comparing huge revamp (carbage) vs small color changing patch
    ^_^
    Karinshi wrote: »
    @IAmNotUrMom
    I thought they already said it's working as intended (still sooo bad) no idea what bug are you talking about?
    anyway
    you are comparing huge revamp (carbage) vs small color changing patch
    ^_^

There is no bug with Carnage. It's just people have demanded changes to him. I could only imagine the chaos that would happen if Doc Oc gets fixed first. But I completely agree with it being too hard to see.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    any update regarding the bug ??
    why moving it to Suggestions and Requests???
    it's so obvious that this is indeed a bug!!
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    why moving it to Suggestions and Requests???
    it's so obvious that this is indeed a bug!!

It's not a bug. It's just hard to see. So a request to change it is just that, a suggestion or a request. A bug would imply that it is something not working correctly.
    "It's not a bug. It's just hard to see."
    really man?? how it's not a bug when you literally said it's hard to see.???!
    all specials are very easy to track down except doc oc sp2, so it's obviously a bug and should be fixed ASAP.
    it wasn't meant to be hard to see, the background made it that way, that's why this is indeed a bug
  • ThisguyThisguy Posts: 80
    That's not what a bug is. It's a design flaw that should be fixed but it's def not a bug.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    "It's not a bug. It's just hard to see."
    really man?? how it's not a bug when you literally said it's hard to see.???!
    all specials are very easy to track down except doc oc sp2, so it's obviously a bug and should be fixed ASAP.
    it wasn't meant to be hard to see, the background made it that way, that's why this is indeed a bug

You don't have to agree with it but a bug is something that is not working correctly. It is clearly working correctly (you can faintly see it) and therefore not a bug. Your suggestion does merit consideration, but otherwise it will not impact the overall gameplay if it is changed or not.
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for that feedback on Doc Oc. I'll be certain to bring this to the game team's attention.

It’s 4 months later and of course nothing ever happened about this. After fighting him a bunch of times in 5.3.6 with a power gain buff, I want to try and get some attention to this again. The projectiles from his L2 are dark and difficult to see. Can something please be done about this?????
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Wtf this was on August lmao.

That **** never got to the team. :D:D:D
  • JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    Captain Marvel hasn't been fixed and it's been an eternity since that's been brought to kabams attention. Some projectiles that are difficult to see is definitely not at the top of the priority list I'm sure.
    edited December 2017
    Jeepetti wrote: »
    Captain Marvel hasn't been fixed and it's been an eternity since that's been brought to kabams attention. Some projectiles that are difficult to see is definitely not at the top of the priority list I'm sure.

I'm fully aware of the other issues plaguing the game, but this one has been bothering me too.

Brought up over 4 months ago
    Mod says they'll bring it to the game team
    Silence ever since

so... I'm resurrecting this thread.

What other special attack has dark projectiles ?
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Jeepetti wrote: »

I'm fully aware of the other issues plaguing the game, but this one has been bothering me too.

Brought up over 4 months ago
    Mod says they'll bring it to the game team
    Silence ever since

so... I'm resurrecting this thread.

What other special attack has dark projectiles ?

Technically you are breaking the forum rules and "necroing" a thread, but I actually agree with you on this one. The problem I think with this thread was that it was one of those "I'll take it to the game team as a suggestion" and not the "This is an unintentional bug, we're working on it" response from the moderator. If it had been the latter and not the former they would have renamed the thread too with the standard "Fix in progress" lingo.
    Wouldn't it be worse if I started a new thread? I understand what you're saying, but think I have a legitimate concern and reason to post and ask about his again.

Put simply.... I would like to see Dr Oct. L2 special attack.

2:00 mark
    Who can see anything in that L2 projectile?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W43uaJwKlN8

1:37 mark
    Both projectiles are difficult to see, especially the 2nd one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOKTBHvaqxM
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    I cant see ****, thats why i always bait his special 1
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Even if you can’t see it, you can still evade it. I’ve actually gotten quite good at dodgjng that sp2, it’s all timing. Not even any need to see it.

Even though I agree, that special needs brightening
    edited January 2018
    still no update from Kabam.
    what a shame
  • RafamateRafamate Posts: 38
    They just don't care. They don't have to fight Doc Oc 😂🤣😆
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for that feedback on Doc Oc. I'll be certain to bring this to the game team's attention.

Can this get adjusted so we can see his L2 special more easily or what??