**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam?? Seriously what's going on with AI? What !!

Comments

• Options
    FlipBoyFlipBoy Posts: 72
    Kabam says the AI performs actions based on rng....BS....when a player is trying to bait a special, the AI can go back and forth 5 or 6 times before launching it. There's no way rng doesn't roll "throw special" that many times in a row. And when the AI needs to intercept, the rng seems to be spot on to so call roll an "intercept" command. The AI does not always use rng. I'm sure there's programming to counter the players. So kabam, don't say that ai actions is dependent on rng cuz I know it's not.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

PT_99 said:

I'm not even using my left hand to parry,dex when fighting Chavez but still that woman spamming heavy like nothing,

I remember Jax saying that AI rolls the dice and comes with best action to do,

Is the best action for Chavez, Mysterio to spam heavy attack in row?
    Is best action to light intercept players 3 times in row?
    Is best action to hold specials to throw sp-3?
    Come on.

Not every single champion has the same kind of AI. This is easiest to observe in doom. If you get a shock on you, the AI will stop at nothing to try and doomslap you. I've watched doom try to slap me from all the way across the screen.

Chavez's AI is probably weighted to throw more heavies because without throwing a heavy, she is a stupid easy defender. Kindred also really likes to throw their heavy. If you fight venompool and want him to throw his sp2, just dash at him and he will throw it without fail to special intercept you.
    Doesn’t matter, Chavez AI especially is out of control. Her heavy spam is very inconsistent and from across the map and with how potent her damage reflect is, this shouldn’t be the case.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited January 6
    FlipBoy said:

The AI does not always use rng. I'm sure there's programming to counter the players. So kabam, don't say that ai actions is dependent on rng cuz I know it's not.

There's a word for when sometimes your opponent does what you want/expect and other times it doesn't but you never know when either one is gonna happen... damn, what is it...? it's on the tip of my tongue... oh yeah, the word is... random.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited January 6
    nvm
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited January 7

If im gonna be honest they removed it because we are properly right about the ai but do t want to admitt it maybe. there could be a number of reasons why they removed it without giving us a update but one thing is for sure ai is still the same as before so mini update didnt rewlly eo anything i feel like. If loads of peolle are complainging about the ai theh cant ignore it forever surely ??

Kabam can ignore xD
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★

They can but if its that big of a problem why hasnt kabam said anything about it after the mini uodate which btw didnt change a thing they said its based of rng there is no way rng is making the ai move bookie like that sorry but it isnt normal

They haven’t said anything because they know they messed up again
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 237
    There is definitely something in the code about the consequence of the special. On AQ there was a modifier that placed an armour break and heal block if the defender throws a special. When playing with King Groot the defender would only throw the special if I was in the regen phase, like clockwork. Same with power stings, where even with taunt the defender will hold on to the special at least until the power stings expire.
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 237
    EdisonLaw said:

Some champs' AI are different than others. Killmonger and Venompool will try to intercept you a lot. Chavez and Kindred as well as Heimdall will throw a lot of heavies.

And Dr Doom. He is hard coded to throw heavies all the time, even when on the other side of the screen and without you having a shock on you.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 270 ★★★

Skill issue

Stop it…
  • Options
    edited January 9
    PT_99 said:

Care to enlighten on this:

( one of my friend's fight)
    1st frame: shows stun debuff from sp2 goes off, shuri still shaking tho( but fury was already in half way to hit her while she had 2 bars of power.
    Just in..
    2nd frame: not even a half mili second:
    Shuri throws sp2 before fury could hit. ( i mean how would you beat that) considering fury was in middle of his hit to her . That should have contacted first then shuri using sp2 straightaway coming out of stun.

Frame skipping, I also noticed that AI have started to use specials before they fully recover from throwing heavy or getting up from knockdown, crazy.

Like who thought that AI should skip the designed animation?? Now this is something Kabam should think, they design an animation but AI says mehhh and skips it?
    This is currently my biggest pain point. Kabam… please please do something about this… Even though I already hit the opponent, the hit doesn’t touch and the opponent can throw their specials, heavies without a care in the world as if it’s a miss…
  • Options
    bumping to get more traction.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Are these threads and the original thread you guys posted about the AI that was deleted not being commented on because you guys are content with the way the AI has been performing for going on over a year?
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    AI has evolved for sure.
    I used auto fight for a while for lower SQ, and my champs could reparry like a pro 😂
    It’s like the AI has gathered data from players behaviour over the years, and now use that data to replicate their gameplay, at least to an extend 🤔
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,160 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Since Kabam is about to hit their revive "fix" timeline perfectly, I wonder why can't they hit their bug fixes and AI acknowledgement timeline as well. 😀

They were actually early with the revive nerf! Unheard of!! 😂
  • Options
    JAYIRIJAYIRI Posts: 123
    PT_99 said:

Since Kabam is about to hit their revive "fix" timeline perfectly, I wonder why can't they hit their bug fixes and AI acknowledgement timeline as well. 😀

Doesn't anyone find it weird how kabam only "fixes" things that benefits the players?
This discussion has been closed.