Options

For next week is there no Regular AQ available? Is it Raid or nothing?

MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
I thought it was announced that every fourth AQ week you could continue with AQ if you preferred and not enter into yet another game mode. Did I misread or misunderstand this part?

Comments

• Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Big yellow banner
  • Options
    thanks @Wong_98 I am well aware of the outage that occurred. I am asking about how raids are being implemented. are they available alongside AQ every fourth week or does Raid week displace / replace AQ that week?
  • Options
    Okay I found the original announcement and found the answer of what was intended to kick off Raids:

"Raid Events are here. This is a new twist added every 4th week to Alliance Quests where players can choose to opt in and play against the Raid bosses or opt out and play AQ as normal."

So now i need to figure out if I can opt out and play AQ per normal
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Yes, you can still play AQ as normal if your bg doesn’t want to do raids
  • Options
    @Wong_98 Any idea how? I set our AQ week back up per normal for this week but I cant see how to "opt out" of Raids for next week
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,700 Guardian
    edited January 8
    I just did screenshots of how to setup Raid Map.
    See post …

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356984/no-aq-this-week-official-comms#latest

Middle of Page-3 in that thread.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★
    Can we get an official reply on how on earth to setup NORMAL AQ for next week and NOT Raids…? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 8

Can we get an official reply on how on earth to setup NORMAL AQ for next week and NOT Raids…? Thanks!

See above link.
    Note, to setup normal AQ instead of Raids, just *DON'T* press the Red Text that says RAID! under the BG # in leftmost BG column of grid. You’ll still be able to setup 4 days worth in each BG like normal.

The Red Text RAID! is not indicating that it is setup for raids, that is just the button to use to go into setting up for a Raid.
  • Options
    AAAAAH I see it now. Do not click on the Red RAID! click on the empty day then toggle around to find reg AQ Maps. Got it! thank-you.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★
    Many thanks @SummonerNR , much appreciated!
  • Options
    This is one of a few threads I saw discussing Raids so I figured I'd just ask in here, will characters be locked out for your alliance members once they get picked? Hypothetical: I pick OG Ironman, will the other alliance members who pick Vanguard be able to pick their OG Ironman as well? I know it says they'll be locked out of other game modes but that question of can they be picked multiple times was brought up and I don't really see anything about that anywhere.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,205 ★★★★★
    Can one BG do raids and the other two groups do normal AQ?
  • Options

Can one BG do raids and the other two groups do normal AQ?

Yes, go to linked post above and see example pic of that setup.
    (at least, from earlier today, unless something changed since then)
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,120 ★★★★
    Ok, big question, can you enroll in raids, if you don't run map 6+ the week before?

It looks like you can, but does that feel counter to their launch statements?