**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I want to cry and scream so bad… should I just give up?? (Necropolis)

Comments

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    Ortoun said:

I did it in like 144 and am in almost the same boat as you, so don't lose hope. Also, remember to kill your nick if you team revive

And I saw somewhere to keep Nick alive until Airwalker and have him kill Nick off, but I don’t really get the whole “Power Cosmic buffs” in his kit, like not sure I understand how it matters since he’s a defender.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Ortoun said:

I did it in like 144 and am in almost the same boat as you, so don't lose hope. Also, remember to kill your nick if you team revive

And I saw somewhere to keep Nick alive until Airwalker and have him kill Nick off, but I don’t really get the whole “Power Cosmic buffs” in his kit, like not sure I understand how it matters since he’s a defender.
    Kill Nick before AW to get the extra 10% attack boost.
    Spam heavies and specials with Aegon to knock down AW and reset his timer and you are good.
    Don't be afraid to be close and block his sp1 (you will shake off the debuffs anyway) in order to stay close to him and be ready to knock him down faster.
    Once you die two times, go full Aegon cheese and quit out if he gets the regen.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    I'd definitely consider ascending aegon. Dust is becoming more common.

As to aegon, use boosts all the time, now you are at 999. As you are only using him, can't recommend enough, the below post (at the bottom) for tips on aegon, particularly posters to follow and vids to watch.

I put in a basic summary of the most commonly used aegon technique.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356895/episode-2-of-a-less-skilled-player-does-necro-exploration-edition-2nd-path-4#latest

If you have 100+ revives now, you'll easily make it, especially with that unit stash.

Can't recommend enough, however, learning how to get that aegon fury, regularly, once at 999. Because, if you have enough revives, you don't even need to bait specials; you can just plough through.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    pSMASHERqpSMASHERq Posts: 8

So I’m really bad at fighting Titania. I knew I would be. Like *really* bad. But knew I had to at least try because now I have a massive surplus of revives.

I read posts saying “try banking at 100-150 hits” and after an hour of restarting constantly getting nowhere NEAR close to that - I thought I’d just start.

I was only getting 50ish hits on average, so I just said screw it and started banking.

I already used up 14 revives… still on Titania… and then the muscle-moter-memory took over when I died one time and instead of hitting “revive” I hit that *lovely* little RESTART button.

I feel so defeated and like an absolute insane loser. At this point, am I *so* bad at this that it’s not even worth trying?

So I’m really bad at fighting Titania. I knew I would be. Like *really* bad. But knew I had to at least try because now I have a massive surplus of revives.

I read posts saying “try banking at 100-150 hits” and after an hour of restarting constantly getting nowhere NEAR close to that - I thought I’d just start.

I was only getting 50ish hits on average, so I just said screw it and started banking.

I already used up 14 revives… still on Titania… and then the muscle-moter-memory took over when I died one time and instead of hitting “revive” I hit that *lovely* little RESTART button.

I feel so defeated and like an absolute insane loser. At this point, am I *so* bad at this that it’s not even worth trying?

I don't know if this helps but push her to corner first then she will start throwing sp's regularly. I did same, practiced a day and on next day gotlike 250+ combo so 200 in bag. Even for a ascended rank 4 sig 200 I needed just 4 revives to finish ramo up and also titania good luck. And also after ramp up u can use 4 hit combos so to get fury bonus.
  • Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 245 ★★
    Don't give up, you got what it takes to do it! Some fights I messed up really bad, and had to use 20+ revives to push through... Stop counting the revives used if that is bringing you frustration, focus on the goal! I used +200 revives in both of my runs, so I had to spend some units to do it, but rewards are totally worth it... So, don't overthink it, just keep reviving until grandmaster is down. I haven't played with Aegon or everest content before, and still managed to drag Aegon until the last 1%... You got this! And yes, take breaks when the boosts expire, you don't have to do it in one day
  • Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275

Man! The ROOTED keeps screwing me up!!!!

How do you guys pay attention to it and notice when it’s under 50%? The game doesn’t do anything to tell you besides a number that you have to look at constantly (in addition to all the other things).

I’ve had +100 combos now three times where they activated a special, I got rooted, and died, losing my combo. I know it’s my own fault - but how did y’all counter this? People saying they’d bank 150-200 or more hits, how are you unaffected by the root?

When you see the icon getting close to half and if you have 100+ combo just quit and bank the combo, for the ramp up phase you dont need to be perfect , it sucks to lose such a combo for a few more hits
  • Options

Alright people I finished Aarkus, 18 revives, at 999 combo now.

Gonna watch some videos for the next few fights so I really understand what I’m doing.

This is truthfully the first time I’ve ever used Ægon so I don’t really have a “feel” for what I can and can’t get away with at 999 from here on out.

Now that I’m 999 - should I Ascend him? He’s R4 - don’t have the materials to R5.

Yes ascend him and use boosts, and dont worry i was too first time for this path and it gets easier now, see youtube vids and if you see its not going well then just keep hitting, dont block dont anything just keep hitting and get the fury going you will do a lot of damage.
    Dont forget to fix your masteries now
  • Options

not to scare you but if you've used that many revives already then your likely gonna have a horrible time on the airwalker fight

Yeah I'm already dreading, but emotionally (and revive-surplus) ready for that one.
    How many revives do you have stashed?
    Between 2s, 3's, 4's, and teams, I *had* about 160.

Then 23 on Titania and 18 on Aarkus. But Titania's was after I'd accidentally hit "restart" INSTEAD of "revive" after already using 12-14 revives and had to start the whole thing over.
    Thats much more than enough no worries but dont forget to quit as soon as airwalker starts sp3 so he wont regenerate
  • Options
    edited January 11
    Greekhit said:

Alright people I finished Aarkus, 18 revives, at 999 combo now.

Gonna watch some videos for the next few fights so I really understand what I’m doing.

This is truthfully the first time I’ve ever used Ægon so I don’t really have a “feel” for what I can and can’t get away with at 999 from here on out.

Now that I’m 999 - should I Ascend him? He’s R4 - don’t have the materials to R5.

Now you are ascending him and you are putting on your suicides, if you have.
    Remove all points from defense and put them on offense.
    Max out Greater Strength, Courage, both Cruelties (precision doesn't needed on ramped up Aegon since he will crit anyway), Fury potency and duration, Deep Wounds, Assasin, and if you have suicides unlocked max them out except from Recoil where you put only one point.
    Go on full boosts, and you are set to bulldoze your way through.
    If you are keen with the Aegon Heavy or Light 🧀 method (tanking hits while unstoppable to gain the big furies and counter attack for big damage, ideally while just below two bars of power to combine an sp2 activation with the furies to place the big bleeds too), it will make your run significantly faster and cheaper, since there are timers so doing more DPS per attempt, will reduce your revive count.
    Good luck 🙂

So I’m confused about recovering Masteries. I know top players change their mastery setups all the time - and I tried to find info online about how much it costs.

I found some threads from a year or more ago saying it was free - but here in game it says I have two free recovery… what happens once I use those up? Can I no longer recover? Does it cost something? I tried to see if they were in the store anywhere but couldn’t find them.

EDIT: I’m just now seeing the text “recover all mastery points from this page as often as you like”. Lol. My stupid self not seeing it, tho I was really confused because of the recovery item.

• Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 113 ★★
    You realize you have to spend units to reapply your masteries after you recover the points, right? There’s probably a cost calculator somewhere on those awesome 3rd party MCOC “blogs.”
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,988 ★★★★★

You realize you have to spend units to reapply your masteries after you recover the points, right? There’s probably a cost calculator somewhere on those awesome 3rd party MCOC “blogs.”

You can do this on auntm.ai

https://auntm.ai/masteries
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    edited January 11
    KO your nick fury for extra damage boost

Edit: didn’t see the second page of this post
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    The hard part is already over. Rest will be a cake walk with Aegon, and the GM is the next time that you will have revive frustration.
  • Options
    Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 425 ★★
    edited January 12

Alright taking a break here.

Titania: 11-14ish (Total was 23 revives tho cause I accidentally restarted the entire thing halfway through)

Aarkus: 18

Omega: 5

Air-Walker: 6

Betsy: 7

Wiccan: 4

I'm a bit sloppy and sometimes do great and sometimes do terrible, but I'm getting the hang of it.

There's a (what I can only assume is an) Elementary school kid who plays the Trumpet every day in the apartment building across from mine for hours and are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE - I've been listening for a year and they've never gotten better - and they leave their window open so the sound just pours into my apartment. It drives me up the wall.

So I'm gonna go for a walk and get some fresh air cause they just started seconds after I defeated Wiccan. Bless you all and bless the little trumpet player.

Tbf your past the hard part now and the rest of the quest is a bit easier then what you have already done, good luck getting this completed
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,043 ★★★

Since I started, I've been keeping tack, might as well let yall know!

Psycho: 4

Canadian: 3

Valk: 5

Russian: 2

Cap Falcon: 3

Feeling WAY better about this than I was before when I saw my revives just slipping out of my hands lol.

Might go *up to* Grandmaster tonight, but I'm also finishing Echo tonight so we'll see.

How many revives do you think you'll have by the time you fight him? My advice, if it's at least 10, just Aegon nuke that dude and don't even worry about the prompts due to you making mistakes and gettinf frustrated more. Get as much ridiculous damage in as you can and try to stun/Striker lock him as much as possible and don't let up until phase 3 with reverse controls, then play fairly smartly baiting the sp1 then rinse and repeat beatdowns until the final phase.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,691 Guardian

Since I started, I've been keeping tack, might as well let yall know!

Psycho: 4

Canadian: 3

Valk: 5

Russian: 2

Cap Falcon: 3

Feeling WAY better about this than I was before when I saw my revives just slipping out of my hands lol.

Might go *up to* Grandmaster tonight, but I'm also finishing Echo tonight so we'll see.

You're definitely ahead of the curve compared to my run (by about twenty-ish revives). You should be fine for the rest of the path: no real awful fights left for Aegon. Its just the Grandmaster left, and Aegon can always Aegon the GM.
  • Options
    YagaYaga Posts: 30

Hey I saw you found my post about the number of revives and this issues I had. Just keep at it. I stopped every three fights or so and went for a walk or just stopped playing for an hour or so. I also took a break after the first part of the path, starting with Guardian on the next day. You won't get kicked out so just take our time. You got this!
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Hey, if this post helps inspire more people to do necropolis then that helps our cause more than one person dying. You got this!! If anyone out there has an ascended high sig r4 6* aegon and a decent revive stash what are you waiting for? The rewards are worth it. Only your fear is holding you back! You can do this! Time is running out. Don't be full of regrets that you didn't at least try. Become the summoner you always wanted to be!
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

There's a (what I can only assume is an) Elementary school kid who plays the Trumpet every day in the apartment building across from mine for hours and are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE - I've been listening for a year and they've never gotten better - and they leave their window open so the sound just pours into my apartment. It drives me up the wall.

So I'm gonna go for a walk and get some fresh air cause they just started seconds after I defeated Wiccan. Bless you all and bless the little trumpet player.

You're doing great! Keep it up.

Also, if it is that annoying, you could maybe buy the kid (or slow-learning adult) a mute. There are a ton of relatively cheap mutes that actually both make the trumpet sound cool and deaden the sound so that it is less invasive in a public living space. The difficult part is wording your gift in a kind enough way that they don't take it as "shut up" but as "I want to encourage you to get better, but I also value my sleep and sanity".

TBH distractions like loud neighbors are rough when needing to have reliable split-second reactions in a game like this. I tend to play later at night for content I have to focus more on (such as Necropolis). Good luck on the rest of the run!

If you just happen to be a whale living in an apartment, these are really cool for practicing, but I presume you wouldn't spend this much supporting your local artist.
  • Options
    Gooseman627Gooseman627 Posts: 38
    I would have saved revives if I spread out my fights for the run, instead I pulled an all nighter and got it done using more revives than I should have. Definitely take breaks, good luck!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

Titania: 11-14ish (Total was 23 revives tho cause I accidentally restarted the entire thing halfway through)

Aarkus: 18

Omega: 5

Air-Walker: 6

Betsy: 7

Wiccan: 4

Damn these are pro numbers.
    Stop helping guys, we need 700k more.
  • Options
    Alright did the last few fights before GM:

Dragonman: 5

Cap: 5

Nova: 8

Cap pissed me off because I kept forgetting about the Kinetic which meant he would bypass my Unstoppable and I'd take a combo and die. Nova was a jerk because he just wasn't playing right, his moves were erratic and I'd get clipped more times than I'd like to admit.

GRANDMASTER TIME!!!

Question: I've heard some people say "Just Ægon it!" But what does that *really* mean in this instance? I've fought the Grandmaster before - obviously, not the Nameless Grandmaster, but I'm familiar with the concepts and the prompts. Are people saying with Ægon I can seriously just *ignore* all of that until the last phase???

Or should I take it slow and read about all of the phases and watch people's video's and try to play it that way.
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Key question. Do you have the black panther relic equipped? If so might Block the prompts. They say Aegon it cause when ramped up he can still do a ton of damage even when the Grandmaster isn't wounded. Of course try to follow the prompts. Phase 3 onward your controls are reversed. People try to use their reverse control champs and some fail at it and just go back to Aegon and smash him. Phase 4 is easier with a reverse control champ since you have to do every special. You can block his sp2. It can't kill you outright.