**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The absolute best counter to Winter of Woe Absorbing Man is...

dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
She-Hulk! She's got a slow on her heavy to counter the unstoppable, a petrify on her SP2 to reverse the regen, and if you stack up enough furies, she can outdamage the regen too. If she's awakened, since she's fighting a mystic, each fury also increases the chances for the defender to throw specials (if i'm not mistaken), plus, she gets you an extra point with the gamma objective. Took my 6 star to rank 3 for the fight, and do not regret it one bit! The only issue is the AI is so damn passive, and just goes into the corner, blocking and refusing to throw specials. No special = no fury refresh. In one of my runs, got Abs man down to 4%, but lost my furies, and he promptly proceeded to regen back to 40%. Took countless tries and energy refills, but I finally got the solo on him.

Comments

• Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 191 ★★
    What was your strategy? I'm trying the sane thing but haven't had much luck yet. Are you able to do that thing where you dash into his sp1 and heavy him in the corner? I saw a video of it but died several times trying to duplicate the effect, and that energy cost is so damn high.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    jdschw said:

What was your strategy? I'm trying the sane thing but haven't had much luck yet. Are you able to do that thing where you dash into his sp1 and heavy him in the corner? I saw a video of it but died several times trying to duplicate the effect, and that energy cost is so damn high.

Go only for sp2s for the petrify and heavy punish Abs Man specials or heavy, in order to keep up the slow debuff.
    That's it 🙂
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    This is kind of what I don’t get.
    The big bad end game players were bored and wanted a challenge.

They got one, and immediately whined if they couldn’t solo one fight.
  • Options
    I don’t know what you mean.
    Probably wasn’t meant to be a solo fight but people are still doing it in one shot.
    So how is it over tuned?

It’s for the end game folk and they have figured it out.
    I don’t understand the hypocrisy of “Give more challenging content”, and then the whoa… not that challenging.
  • Options
    I swear I’m not an ad, but the youtube channel “Comics Explained” is amazing for seeing some great comic stories.
  • Options
    pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Posts: 42
    smdam38 said:

I don’t understand the hypocrisy of “Give more challenging content”, and then the whoa… not that challenging.

and you can tag some that said that lets say in last year and now whine, right? otherwise its just you whining now...

• Options
    dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    jdschw said:

Instead of dashing in to his SP1, I dash back and then heavy counter...I find that much more intuitive and comfortable to do
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 813 ★★★
    edited February 10

Overseer can easily solo

Not easily I'm afraid but if Absorbing Man throws his special 7 times he's permanently heal blocked thanks to despair mastery
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 568 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

jdschw said:

Go only for sp2s for the petrify and heavy punish Abs Man specials or heavy, in order to keep up the slow debuff.
    That's it 🙂
    I have a rank 3 Sig 200 she hulk fully boosted and I am not able to take him down more than 20% of his health. Only SP2?
  • Options

After 200 hits, so I really don't know what I am missing here, besides obvious skill
  • Options
    MCOCHazza said:

The furies applying the increased chance to throw specials is not exclusive to mystics, but being able to refresh the furies is exclusive to non skill champs. Her sig gives her extra attack against mystics and makes them gain less power.

She’s a great option, I used my r2 she hulk and she did well. You can dash in mid special to help with spacing.

Are you mastered the dash in after SP1?
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    I found duped sandman easier, he blocks the regen and unstoppable for the whole fight with sp2 spam. It is still a horrible fight and still needed to solo with sandman. Tried reviving a few times, but was less stressful to just restart from scratch.

I'm a decent she hulk player, but it's beyond me at the mo with her.
  • Options
    YagaYaga Posts: 30

Overseer can easily solo

Not easily I'm afraid but if Absorbing Man throws his special 7 times he's permanently heal blocked thanks to despair mastery
    Does that debuff persist through Overseer deaths?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Yaga said:

Overseer can easily solo

Does that debuff persist through Overseer deaths?
    No.

And of course, your usual Cosmic damage won't work. On the other hand, Disorient might save you from a few Unstoppables, and if he's turtling whilst Brute Force is eating you, then an SP1 into block will stun him.

Good luck!
  • Options
    IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY.

Isn’t this a fight for endgame players? Where else are you going to use your revives?
  • Options
    I’ve played a lot of games. But I’ve never seen a more entitled group of players than here.
    “But I finished this with this…”

Nobody cares. It’s new challenging content, that you asked for. Finish it or don’t.
  • Options
    Disagrees with no retort?
    Please actually say something so we can have a real conversation.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

smdam38 said:

Disagrees with no retort?
    Please actually say something so we can have a real conversation.

If you haven’t played the content, you can’t “have a real conversation” about it. This isn’t meant as a dunk or a burn or whatever, it’s just a statement of fact that you have nothing of worth to contribute to this discussion because you haven’t experienced it. You trying to tell others how they should feel about this fight would be like me yelling at the quarterbacks during the Super Bowl tomorrow. You’re out of your depth and there is no reason to engage with you on this subject.
    "Armchair quarterbacking" as it were.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    edited February 11
    took me 50+ tries to solo she hulk. got him low a bunch but he'd go passive even with 20+ furies and not throw or the screen would stick and i couldn't counter his specials with a heavy. dropped inputs ended more than half my good runs.
  • Options
    UyuSsmaNUyuSsmaN Posts: 21
    another trap by kabam to get money but I don't understand I already spending really good money but still they wants more and more :) I stopped try this fight also no more money for baiters.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,388 ★★★★
    UyuSsmaN said:

another trap by kabam to get money but I don't understand I already spending really good money but still they wants more and more :) I stopped try this fight also no more money for baiters.

Way to revive a 2 month old thread...
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★

UyuSsmaN said:

Way to revive a 2 month old thread...
    That is now completely irrelevant since that right was changed...