Options

Celebrate women of power with 5 men

Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 563 ★★★★
edited March 8 in General Discussion
I can’t quite put my finger on it, but something feels off here…

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 153
    How did Allison helped kabam for the challenge i thought she is not a member of ccp then how kabam contacted her?
  • Options
    Thread locked in 3… 2…
  • Options
    Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Posts: 55
    Are those objectives some kind of joke or what?
    Damn AI as well is super annoying to deal with. Feel like playing against artificial intelligence.
    Felt like playing carina challenges with that ai of 4.3.6 venom.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★

Nacho98 said:

Our celebration of International Women's Day was that we worked with members of our Community to come up with Objectives for everybody in-game. We did not say that the Challenges had to use Women, so they chose the Champions that they wanted to highlight in the Objectives, and we included those Champions in this message for everybody in case they didn't have them.

I mean come on man. International Woman’s Day and you can’t create a challenge that’s all women? Stop making excuses
    Did you not read what he said? The Women they worked with choose these champs.
    On IWD, the person you are responding to is telling woman how to create their challenge. Can it get any worse?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,117 ★★★★★

Our celebration of International Women's Day was that we worked with members of our Community to come up with Objectives for everybody in-game. We did not say that the Challenges had to use Women, so they chose the Champions that they wanted to highlight in the Objectives, and we included those Champions in this message for everybody in case they didn't have them.

Clear excuse. You should've informed those community members to create challenges around women champs. It is a major error from your side.

Nevertheless, kudos to the ones who created these challenges. I had a lotta fun using 2* women champs
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★

It’s really fun content. Taking on old acts with 2 star champs is quite nostalgic. Kudos to all the women who helped design these challenges.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 455 ★★★

This is entirely a philosophical difference but I think there is value in emphasizing the use of women during IWD. I can understand not playing to that but I fall into the “Do it loud and proud category” blasting it on every objective, quest, pfp etc
  • Options
    Josh2507 said:

Hold up!

You can get a 6* wolf from this event

I would like to retract my previous comments

doggo is a man or woman or animal? What species is he/she/they/it?
  • Options
    AspericonAspericon Posts: 35
    Allisons wonderland did not count although i used the 4* champs. Anybody else with that problem?
  • Options

doggo is a man or woman or animal? What species is he/she/they/it?

Just a wolf, nothing more, nothing less
  • Options
    GK_23GK_23 Posts: 284 ★★★
    edited March 8
    What in the what? Is there something I’m missing? This community can be so confusing.

Here’s what I’ve seen/heard in the forums in regards to questions/concerns regarding IWD in MCOC:

Take #1
    Why do we celebrate IWD by creating a challenge that focuses on beating women?

Um, perhaps because we’re playing a “fighting” game with fictional characters that’s foundation is based upon good vs bad (fighting and war), and women in the “fighting” game are being highlighted today. Feel free to beat them up with a character of your choosing (man, woman, or robot). Also, the question begs another question with that thinking; “So you’re saying it’s okay to beat up men and robots?” They are beaten on the regular both on IWD AND the other 364 days of the year due to it being a “FIGHTING” game, along with the women.

Take #2 (If the OP is being serious)
    Celebrate women of power with 5 men?

We’re being gifted 4* male characters (I would think most summoners have most of, if not all of them), BUT also 2* women characters (perhaps more rare and helps collectors fill out their 2* collection). Thank you for the gifts!

Feel free to correct me if I’m somehow seeing this all wrong.

I guess, in closing: why does someone always have to have their feathers ruffled and/or be up in-arms about every little thing, even during a “celebration”?

Happy IWD to all the women who are being recognized and celebrated today……and to all the men and robots out there (we see you A.I. 😉 ) !!!
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,169 ★★★★

Who decided that fighting 4.3.6 Venom with a 2* Guillotine while the AI is still refusing to throw specials was a good idea? This fight is literally RNG if venom decides to hold his SP1 even once over the course of a 6+ minute fight you are literally just dead. Fix the damn AI and then you can put out challenges like this.
    Ai in some of these lower quests is definitely not great... Baiting specials is annoying but patience (lots of it) will do.

• Options
    Wicket329 said:

Clear excuse. You should've informed those community members to create challenges around women champs. It is a major error from your side.

Nevertheless, kudos to the ones who created these challenges. I had a lotta fun using 2* women champs
    So your idea for how Kabam should celebrate the women in the community is to *not* give them free rein with what challenges they want to make?

Why! This event is obviously about the real, actual women who put work into these ideas. AllisonEdits’s whole channel is about shining a light on underappreciated champs, and so her challenge reflects that. Why would it be *more respectful to women* to say “you have to do it on our terms because we know better”

You get why that’s insane, right?
    I am not against giving freedom for content creators. But kabam should've told them "Create a challenge revolving around your favourite WOMAN champ". That's it.

Obviously Kabam gave them some instructions for these challlenges, like "Make it around lesser rarity champ", "Don't make it too tough", Like that they should've added this as well.

ASKING THE CHALLENGE CREATORS TO CREATE CHALLENGE AROUND WOMAN CHAMPS FOR WOMAN'S DAY isn't authoritarian or hampers creative freedom or something.

I personally don't mind it as long as I get stuff. But imagine 90% players who don't use forums. Opening a women's day mail, and getting 4* male champs while getting female champs of 2* rarity only (Yes it is based on challenge) is pretty ironical no matter the context. lol.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★

Should have put some rewards for doing the challenges so they were worth doing. Most people will be celebrating by not doing these challenges (which I think really sucks for the people who made them). Wish they were worth doing. I miss the boss rushes
This discussion has been closed.