**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to fight Nightcarnage? Cannot beat Master Mode NC...

Okay so the champs getting to Master Mode Nightcarnage are a joke (I could auto-fight all of them)... but then it goes from 1,500 rated chamos to a 10,000+ rated Nightcarnage boss (yeah that is not aimed to milk revives :D ).

Anyways wasted 2 full runs of energy trying to beat this (not sure why but losing that much energy just sucks to think about especially since I burned 30 units for a refill before trying it again).

Funny thing is i waited to try again until the last or so since i would have my roster levelled up more by then... what is funny is I did worse today then I did a week ago with a worse roster :disappointed:
So my question is other then "use champs with reduce evade and or defensive ability" what are the other tricks to fighting Nightcrnage (basically Nighcrawler)? I have seen people say "do only 3 or 4 hits and then stop" but this does not work... he teleports whenever he feels like it and it is not on a set strike or anything that I can tell.

My main issue is when he teleports I can see when he is coming in to attack but my block never registers (maybe because it wont interrupt my ending of an attack?).

I am not going to try again as I am going to cut my losses here an now on this... but I would really appreciate any tricks people have to fighting him. I feel he is by far the "cheapest" feeling champ in the game... most others feel like decent abilities that can be countered but for me NC has no really good counter.

Comments

• Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Fight him like ur fighting any NC. 2 ways either force the switch stance or bring someone with ability accuracy reduction to get rid of the evade. Bleeders help too
  • Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    Lots of youtubers have covers forcing the switch in his stance look it up. Prolly ur best option but practice it in duels or somethin so ur not wasting the energy
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited January 2018
    Drewbe14 wrote: »
    Lots of youtubers have covers forcing the switch in his stance look it up. Prolly ur best option but practice it in duels or somethin so ur not wasting the energy

That is a really good idea (practicing with duels ect). He just feels so cheap to fight (also sucks that he is so exponentially harder then anything else on that map). If my blocks would register when he is attacking in after evading I would be fine... but again sadly they do not register.

Also I have not heard about the switching stance thing yet so I will check that out as well. Thanks very much for the ideas!
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    edited January 2018
    I beat him the very first time..use iceman or quake or archangel..its not that difficult.

Real pain is modok who wont let me 100% master
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, once you forced him to switch from this 21byapdfnmkv.png to this ewk4e9zokilo.png , then he'll be very easy to deal with. It requires a little bit of luck, and alot of practise, at least for myself :)

gb84wgo519np.png

how to beat nightcrawler marvel contest of champion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk7gVTzugro

edited January 2018
    Thanks for the post shchong2!

Rajuteda wrote: »
    I beat him the very first time..use iceman or quake or archangel..its not that difficult.

I am fairly new to the game and my roster is not the best. Right now my top 3 are 5* Mordo R2 20/35, Quake R4 20/40, and Nebula R4 20/40 (and then all non god or demi god tier R3's or R2'a). NC melts them with almost a single combo (except Mordo who has more health since he is a higher rated 5*) and while I am getting better I cannot play perfectly and I get caught or mess up eventually each match (this is why I like Nebula's heals).

But yes MODOK is a huge pain. I had trouble at first in Hard mode when I did not have Mordo nor Quake at the start (got them recently). But after fighting him a coupe times I got better... but I cannot imagine fighting Master Mode MODOK.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Just parry and hit a couple of times.

I was using Iceman... it took ages due to the energy and physical resistance buffs . then I tried Angela and beat him quick smart...

I also find him quite easy to change stance compared to other NCs normally.

Just fight cautiously, and when he dashes back and you see his timer start then attack him until it ends. Just be careful Incase he does evade, you need to be ready to parry ASAP.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    Thanks for the post shchong2!

Rajuteda wrote: »

I am fairly new to the game and my roster is not the best. Right now my top 3 are 5* Mordo R2 20/35, Quake R4 20/40, and Nebula R4 20/40 (and then all non god or demi god tier R3's or R2'a). NC melts them with almost a single combo (except Mordo who has more health since he is a higher rated 5*) and while I am getting better I cannot play perfectly and I get caught or mess up eventually each match (this is why I like Nebula's heals).

But yes MODOK is a huge pain. I had trouble at first in Hard mode when I did not have Mordo nor Quake at the start (got them recently). But after fighting him a coupe times I got better... but I cannot imagine fighting Master Mode MODOK.

@chev327fox, probably you already know, :) if using her right, your 4* Quake can beat an opponent, probably including NC, or Nightcarnage, without even needing to touch him or landing a single hit, but purely with AFTERSHOCK CONCUSSION. It is not easy, and I haven't successfully carried it out myself, but I saw video of experts using Quake to beat an opponent by knocking the enemy out without touching.

Marvel: Contest of Champions - QUAKE KILLS WITHOUT TOUCHING !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBgHMMnYh9o
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Cuteshelf... but I am going to just quite on Master Mode NC as I do not want to waste another full run of energy and risk not winning or worse burning revives.

This info will definitely help for fighting him in the future (well Nightcrawler)... thanks a lot guys!

@shchong2

That is interesting.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Quake will kill without a sweat mabye need a revive or 2 due to the bugs
  • NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Don't fight aggressively at start of the fight have some patience wait for chance to switch his mode once he dash back and u see timer run at him and hit his block until he switch to swashbuckling mode and that's it no more evades
  • ZabirZabir Posts: 76
    Lol uninstall your game
    Nikskini wrote: »
    Don't fight aggressively at start of the fight have some patience wait for chance to switch his mode once he dash back and u see timer run at him and hit his block until he switch to swashbuckling mode and that's it no more evades

Yeah others said this above and it is something I just did not yet know about NC (still fairly new and learning all the ins and outs of the game and each champ still... been a bit over 3 months or so). I really appreciate the info ;)

Use your L1 to switch his stance. Build L1 with a champ that has long timer L1 preferably short range. I like to use Hulk or Voodoo. Evade him and get him to backup as well. When he does back up and you are far away, push your L1 quickly as he is blocking. He will stay blocking during your L1 animation and will switch stance. You should be far away and safe from retaliation. After switching his stance to Swashbuckling, play it safe and kill him. No more evasions

Thanks for the advice as well ;)

Zabir wrote: »
    Lol uninstall your game

I really love how people pretend to have played at a pro level even when they first started playing... apparently you never had to learn how to play? Are your saying you never had issue learning Nightcrawler when you first started playing? You were a pro right off the bat?

Come on man... try to consider this in the future and maybe you will also have some empathy be a half decent person as a result.