**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Options
    Chilly_OmeChilly_Ome Posts: 40

• Options
    Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    I’m from top 10 AW alliance and i agree that this tactic the worst and almost unplayable ,especially some champs on certain nodes ,me too wanna just cancel the season or just stop playing this bs
  • Options
    Dfraga71388Dfraga71388 Posts: 92

I’m from top 10 AW alliance and i agree that this tactic the worst and almost unplayable ,especially some champs on certain nodes ,me too wanna just cancel the season or just stop playing this bs

Yup, exactly. First time starting a season thinking maybe I need to take a break. This tactic just ain't it.
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 534 ★★★
    FunnyDude said:

It is understandable that Kabam wants to get revenue from the game, it's their product and they want to make money from it, this is how all game companies live.

However, I'm wondering if Kabam ever really looked into the price of consumables in this game, this is not about new champions or even profile picture that can stay with players forever, it's only about items can be CONSUMED daily.

In high tier war, healing back to 90+% health after one death, it consumes 3 level-6 potions in current status of the game, it is 240 units. If you check the price of units in this game, it is $8 for one death. If you fortunately survived from the fight, but only has 10% health, you know what, you need 4 level-6 potions, which is 320 units or $10. This is price of lunch for people in US, and it could be more than daily salary of people in some countries. Some of you may argue players can get free units from the game, fine, let's say the actual exchange rate is 50% of the unit price, then it is still $4 or $5 per death.

This is the real money price, AW is a daily event, an average player takes 5 fights per war and has to use a few potions with the current tactics, this is fine if the price is reasonable, but Kabam, checks your price, this is insane.

This is why people complained so much on too difficult content, because cost of death is way too high. You either make the content easier so people can mostly survive from the fight with good skill, or they can actually afford the prices of consumables.

I agree with this right here. You might finish a fight at 25 or 30% health because it’s a slug fest and then need to spend 2-4 potions to heal up. Even in tier 4 I’m stuck between the option between using units for potions (which are crazy expensive and not worth the units) or using my loyalty.

Can’t even imagine how much more costly it would be at the top.
  • Options
    Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Serpent on 46. Back to back to back to back to back special threes! Awful design. Nerf this ASAP!
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    edited March 15
    My favorite 2 modes were BGs and AW 6 months ago. Now they are probably my least favorite modes. They are also the modes that make me push other content like CCP Carina Challenges and Necropolis… suddenly that content seems less important to rush these days. I get that we are “dumboners” to them that can’t understand what’s good for the game design but I think they are missing that us dumboners are good for the game itself and when a game stops being fun people stop playing.
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 521 ★★★
    Why no official word on a post this important yet?
  • Options
    tankervoltankervol Posts: 6
    YoMoves said:

Hey, Kabam.

Been playing eight long years, spent way more than I probably should have.

You're making me want to quit outright.

AQ? Boring, but passable and entertaining. BGs? Not a fan, but some people are. You actually made the meta too easy this round and it's just an endless nuke fest.

War?...

I loved war. I used to be great at war. I was a good planner, I loved strategizing to beat bosses (Kang vs. Apoc boss enjoyer here!)

Then, out of NOWHERE, you decided we weren't spending enough money, I guess. Or something. Regardless, you decided wars needed to be extremely hard.

And hard they are.

But they're not just hard, I'm watching tier 1 alliances (Hey! That's me!) with deaths in the 70s, 80s, and higher because of this tactic.

It's horrible.

Last season's was bad too, but *eventually* workable. Once we figured out how to dex while rooted. I even took pride in being an Onslaught Hulkling boss killer. The only real different was that the attack tactic was useless.

Your solution was the make the defense tactic even worse just to make the attack tactic turn the fight from 'impossible without tactic' to 'some fights are harder than an Eternity of Pain' boss.

You messed up. And as a longtime stalwart who's held on forever hoping things would get better, I'm just about out of rope. I don't think I can do this anymore.

And just think of how many people aren't vocal. There's tons more just like me, feeling the strain and wondering if it's worth it at ALL.

Lemme tell you...your vision is not your players' vision. It hasn't been for several months. Maybe it's time to reevaluate. Don't just fix the tactic-fix YOUR tactics.

This is perfect and describes exactly how I feel and what I’m going through as a long time player. Had to leave my alliance since I refused to play this season due to the tactic.
  • Options
    Lightsout963Lightsout963 Posts: 11

• Options
    Lightsout963Lightsout963 Posts: 11
    Diversity doesn't count hilarious.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
    My first war had over 400 deaths lol
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 850 ★★★★
    edited March 15
    I doubt we’ll hear anything until the season has ended.

At this point it is what it is. Over 200 deaths in our first war of the season. Neither side really trying.
  • Options
    Sector1988Sector1988 Posts: 24
    edited March 15
    Why does Kabam not simply make it so that any defender can remove 1 prowess by a well timed block, and tactic defenders can do the same as well as by hitting into block, as certain tactic attackers like Werewolf cannot hit with light into block at the moment

Also limit indestructible passives to 3 and scale it upwards for tier 1 and 2.

This is a very simple fix. Surely some1 at Kabam has thought about it?
  • Options
    Kingkong1977Kingkong1977 Posts: 31

Lovely war ahead….Let’s see how many ppl quit AW and the game after this season.
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 208
    Keep in mind this is just the first season of this garbage tactic. Next season two attackers, most likely tactic, will get added to the black list so we will be left with even fewer choices.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★
    Heinz11 said:

Keep in mind this is just the first season of this garbage tactic. Next season two attackers, most likely tactic, will get added to the black list so we will be left with even fewer choices.

Oof. That blacklist point is something I hadn’t considered. X-Magica is lopsided in terms of the number of cracked defenders to offsenive threats and with Bishop and (possibly another tactic) champ gone we are gonna be REALLY scarcr on viable attackers. Those bans are going to come down with force
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

Heinz11 said:

Oof. That blacklist point is something I hadn’t considered. X-Magica is lopsided in terms of the number of cracked defenders to offsenive threats and with Bishop and (possibly another tactic) champ gone we are gonna be REALLY scarcr on viable attackers. Those bans are going to come down with force
    Yup since these narrow and forced tactics have been added with only 2 season the “white list” aspect is irrelevant and the “black list” just limits already limited options forcing people to use C listers or worse.

Still trying to understand how that’s good for anything outside increasing item use or realistically decreasing competition
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,046 ★★★★★
    What alliances are actually pushing hard in war now? How many even are there? 5? 10?
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    We are so lucky and spared from the pain of dying countless times in war #2. 🤣 Only 1bg war but our opponent only placed 8 magic thief defenders.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    It’s pretty clear they know it’s a problem but want the stats from this season before they will officially react and respond.