**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her

To be fair, I don't even agree with our POV necessarily. I think that it would be much better for players to have a small adjustment made to Quake so that we can release her, but I have been through enough of these situations to know that my mental health is better off by not making any changes at this time.

This change is pretty small, but it would allow the game team to actually be able to counter Quake in certain content, and allows players to start using her again. IMO, it just makes sense, but I made it clear to the team that unless we have a majority of players saying that they are open to a change, then Quake stays as a 5 Star forever.

@Kabam Miike you are a gift to this community, thank you for your honest and transparent response.

Do you think it’s worth running a poll to see where the majority stands on this issue? Or is this thread indicative enough?
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,411 ★★★★★

To be fair, I don't even agree with our POV necessarily. I think that it would be much better for players to have a small adjustment made to Quake so that we can release her, but I have been through enough of these situations to know that my mental health is better off by not making any changes at this time.

This change is pretty small, but it would allow the game team to actually be able to counter Quake in certain content, and allows players to start using her again. IMO, it just makes sense, but I made it clear to the team that unless we have a majority of players saying that they are open to a change, then Quake stays as a 5 Star forever.

The issue here is a lot of people are skeptical about the nerf so I feel like the only way to actually get more people on board would be posting the full details.
    I know some people just don't want her nerfed in general cause they like to pretend like they're special because they've been playing the game since 2015 and that's fine to each their own, but I also know some people just don't want her nerfed because they're afraid she'll get gutted completely and not be at Ghost level as you mentioned.

Unfortunate though that "staying as a 5* or 6* forever" is actually an option, no champ in the game should receive that treatment.

Edit: I second the people suggesting an in-game poll, the forums aren't even 50% of the actual playerbase.
    Also people need to understand sometimes things have to happen and let it happen look at 12.0 people hated that adaption due to nerfed all the good champs healing usefulness but it was better for it to be than say now we had that change there be way more in that list of nerfs that no one can change
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Siliyo said:

Bendy said:

Siliyo said:

How can you know if majority of players are open to a change for Quake? Sending an in game poll?
    Just look at results of this poll the favour is too keep her how she is nothing will change
    212 votes isn’t indicative of how the community feels. By that logic, Blob would have won the Champion Vote
    Even then youtube comments when they first said about the changes people were like no keep how is im sure other platforms was the same its why kabam said theres a divide yeah forums isnt a great place for this type of stuff as we saw blob losing and shathra winning it does need to be a in game thing but polls normally only a forum thing to vote on
    The logical thing here would be an in-game poll though, I'm willing to bet the results would be very different considering 80% of the current playerbase probably didn't even get to use Quake in all her glory back in the day when she was a valuable champ.
  • Options
    Bendy said:

The issue here is a lot of people are skeptical about the nerf so I feel like the only way to actually get more people on board would be posting the full details.
    I know some people just don't want her nerfed in general cause they like to pretend like they're special because they've been playing the game since 2015 and that's fine to each their own, but I also know some people just don't want her nerfed because they're afraid she'll get gutted completely and not be at Ghost level as you mentioned.

Unfortunate though that "staying as a 5* or 6* forever" is actually an option, no champ in the game should receive that treatment.

Edit: I second the people suggesting an in-game poll, the forums aren't even 50% of the actual playerbase.
    Also people need to understand sometimes things have to happen and let it happen look at 12.0 people hated that adaption due to nerfed all the good champs healing usefulness but it was better for it to be than say now we had that change there be way more in that list of nerfs that no one can change
    Oh I know, and I fully understand hence I wouldn't even bat an eye if Herc got nerfed, it's all for the game's health.
    I feel like 12.0 is the reason a lot of people are skeptical though, they think Quake will be gutted the same way SW Thor and Strange were gutted.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Oh I know, and I fully understand hence I wouldn't even bat an eye if Herc got nerfed, it's all for the game's health.
    I feel like 12.0 is the reason a lot of people are skeptical though, they think Quake will be gutted the same way SW Thor and Strange were gutted.
    Yeah it was better for health and look at it but we now need to do same with other broken champs to evolve the game further
  • Options

Bendy said:

Siliyo said:

Bendy said:

Siliyo said:

How can you know if majority of players are open to a change for Quake? Sending an in game poll?
    Just look at results of this poll the favour is too keep her how she is nothing will change
    212 votes isn’t indicative of how the community feels. By that logic, Blob would have won the Champion Vote
    Even then youtube comments when they first said about the changes people were like no keep how is im sure other platforms was the same its why kabam said theres a divide yeah forums isnt a great place for this type of stuff as we saw blob losing and shathra winning it does need to be a in game thing but polls normally only a forum thing to vote on
    The logical thing here would be an in-game poll though, I'm willing to bet the results would be very different considering 80% of the current playerbase probably didn't even get to use Quake in all her glory back in the day when she was a valuable champ.
    Yeah but how would an in game poll work though does the game even have the tech for it like i now they have the whole vote stuff they can do but an actual poll is different
  • Options

Bendy said:

Only one on this list that needs a buff the most is strange like hes so terrible his rng debuffs when they cut healing it sucked like he is only one i feel from 12.0 that needs a change
  • Options
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Yeah it was better for health and look at it but we now need to do same with other broken champs to evolve the game further
    They do, personally I don't even think we, the playerbase, should have a say on this. If Kabam nerfs a champ it isn't a personal attack against anyone it's because the game needs to be balanced, period.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

They do, personally I don't even think we, the playerbase, should have a say on this. If Kabam nerfs a champ it isn't a personal attack against anyone it's because the game needs to be balanced, period.
    Same when they said for them there broken and would love to change that to god tier level status i was like and still am right now of just do it as i couldnt care as i know for the game to continue is up to the game team which if they decide these champs are making content tough to make as there broken op do what u have to the community shouldnt have a say
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 ★★
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

Only one on this list that needs a buff the most is strange like hes so terrible his rng debuffs when they cut healing it sucked like he is only one i feel from 12.0 that needs a change
    The 12.0 nerf was just absolutely necessary. All of the champions mentioned as well as black widow and wolverine just broke the balance of the game and allowed for cheesing which may have been fun in the moment but would've gotten old very quickly without the challenge. The thing is, BW and DS damage output didnt age well because back then they had solid damage but by today's standards its very subpar. The other's damage output didnt age well but good synergies propped them up to acceptable standards. My main gripe with the 12.0 update was how they went from % based stats to numbered stats which is a lot more difficult to calculate especially with the unknown values of diminished returns.
  • Options
    Littleha132Littleha132 Posts: 4
    I like the idea of leaving 2-5* Quake as is while also introducing a nerfed 6* version. That way she’ll stay viable, and there’ll still be an option to use her current kit with the lower rarities.
  • Options

Bendy said:

Bendy said:

The 12.0 nerf was just absolutely necessary. All of the champions mentioned as well as black widow and wolverine just broke the balance of the game and allowed for cheesing which may have been fun in the moment but would've gotten old very quickly without the challenge. The thing is, BW and DS damage output didnt age well because back then they had solid damage but by today's standards its very subpar. The other's damage output didnt age well but good synergies propped them up to acceptable standards. My main gripe with the 12.0 update was how they went from % based stats to numbered stats which is a lot more difficult to calculate especially with the unknown values of diminished returns.
    Yeah but bw still counters the stuff she has to if u had to use strangee no one would as hes worse than bw and yeah all others got synergy wolverine got the apoc horsemen sw got swigil and qs not sure about gr bw got nothing thor has odin plus still kept good damage just mainly strange that doesnt have anything
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

I like the idea of leaving 2-5* Quake as is while also introducing a nerfed 6* version. That way she’ll stay viable, and there’ll still be an option to use her current kit with the lower rarities.

I think this is the best case scenario, but not sure how feasible it actually is from a dev perspective. Like, imagine I join the game after this has been done and I get a lower rarity Quake and I get used to her, learn her kit inside and out. Then one day I pull her as a 6*+, and expect to be able to use her in all the same ways and content I always have, but now she’s functionally a different champion.

I dunno. I’m not saying it’s a deal breaking problem, but it’s definitely a problem.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Leave her as-is and phase her out

to be fair that is a reasonable possibility, since 1*s like colossus still have their old kits. So they could release a seperate quake for 6/7* and keeping 5 and below the same. But I'm not even going to pretend how much work would need to be done behind the scenes to have that happen. Seems like a reskin or adjusting the current quake are the most likely options.
  • Options

to be fair that is a reasonable possibility, since 1*s like colossus still have their old kits. So they could release a seperate quake for 6/7* and keeping 5 and below the same. But I'm not even going to pretend how much work would need to be done behind the scenes to have that happen. Seems like a reskin or adjusting the current quake are the most likely options.
    Thats because back then when doing buffs they didnt want the 1 stars to be complicated to use so left them but when changing the character to buff they did 2 and up quake doesnt have a 1 so all star rarity will have to be changed
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

Thats because back then when doing buffs they didnt want the 1 stars to be complicated to use so left them but when changing the character to buff they did 2 and up quake doesnt have a 1 so all star rarity will have to be changed
    I know why they did it, im saying the feesably could change a potential 6/7* and leave 5 and below the same, but that the original options are the most likely.
  • Options

Bendy said:

I know why they did it, im saying the feesably could change a potential 6/7* and leave 5 and below the same, but that the original options are the most likely.
    But they wont just do that if they change quake it be all rarities
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

Bendy said:

They could do that with a deathless quake
  • Options

@Kabam Miike is there any reason this wouldn't work?
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

Is there any chance of just giving her a different skin (similar to deathless) and being released as a 6 or 7* while the 5* remains unchanged?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

I don’t think that’s a good solution …

Let’s just accept one of the two scenarios and move on …
  • Options
    IKON said:

Is there any chance of just giving her a different skin (similar to deathless) and being released as a 6 or 7* while the 5* remains unchanged?
    No offense but why does that matter so much? Genuine question cause I don't understand what the big deal is with just nerfing the current Quake. She's pretty much useless for most game content nowadays and she's not exactly a trophy champ or anything like that.
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Rookiie said:

Why not? They did that with OG Hulk, 1* is still pre-buff version, they've already done it 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    At this point i agree on making a poll with the details of the change and say keep the poll up for a month then close it and what ever side has the most is what happens to quake
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Why not? They did that with OG Hulk, 1* is still pre-buff version, they've already done it 🤷‍♂️
    I think because if not all change content will be done with that lower star than buffed due to they can use a broken stuff so all has to change really