**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

Comments

• Options
    EakomoEakomo Posts: 44
    Leave her as-is and phase her out
    leave her as she is and release her as a 6*, wolverine wasn't available as a 6 star for a while because his regeneration was considered to powerful in the game.

to make her from where she was before nodes and champs were release to specifically stop her to a ghost who can easily get stopped with the right champion or node feels like a more redundant addition in stopping her again.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    edited March 27
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her
    Eakomo said:

leave her as she is and release her as a 6*, wolverine wasn't available as a 6 star for a while because his regeneration was considered to powerful in the game.

to make her from where she was before nodes and champs were release to specifically stop her to a ghost who can easily get stopped with the right champion or node feels like a more redundant addition in stopping her again.

Another comparison that makes absolutely no sense lol.
    Are you seriously comparing regen to basically permanent untouchable + damage without landing a single hit which also means zero power gain for the defender?
    Some of these comments I swear 😭
  • Options
    NikkaNikka Posts: 1
    Polygon said:

If herc is a champion that is not going to be nerfed, then there should be some way to introduce champs like magik and quake as 6*’s

Exactly, there are so many champions in 2 or 3 or 6 different versions, so, let there be another quake , a different quake that can be in 6 or 7 stars...
  • Options
    TheNepperTheNepper Posts: 24
    Everyone's premise who is voting to 'adjust' her is that nobody uses her anymore which is far from the truth.

Back in the old days I used her 99% of the fights and I agree it is completely broken that I was able to do it (however I always thought higher skill ceiling should payoff somehow).

Nowadays I rarely use her, but I very much do so. I would say 0.5-1% of times - but I know players using her more often. The thing is she is usable, people just won't because she is not convenient - as 5* ascended fights take long times and a slip ends up in a death. Think about gauntlet, when it first came out everyone quaked all fights, now there are more convenient options and people forget about using her.

I think leaving her as is up to 5* and introducing any nerfed 6*+ version wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.
  • Options
    edited March 27
    About the concern of being different 5* and 6* toolkit might confusing people:

There is a very easy solution, we would have a quake classic (up to 5*) and a quake tweaked (6*+) (just as if they would be different characters, but it could be the same in-game character model with different kits). You can even add a different pic to the 6* so players might think about reading her kit, seeing she is not the same.
  • Options
    JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    It's true that Quake is a "cheat" but it's also true that by now there are many champions and many nodes that bypass quake's abilities, just as it's true that most new content has opponents with such a large amount of health that even with a 6s Quake without nerfs, one would have to spend at least 20 minutes or more without making a single mistake shaking the butt... I'd include it as it's to evaluate its actual use, maybe with an in-game message warning to rank it at one's own risk because it could be subject to nerfs.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

It's true that Quake is a "cheat" but it's also true that by now there are many champions and many nodes that bypass quake's abilities, just as it's true that most new content has opponents with such a large amount of health that even with a 6s Quake without nerfs, one would have to spend at least 20 minutes or more without making a single mistake shaking the butt... I'd include it as it's to evaluate its actual use, maybe with an in-game message warning to rank it at one's own risk because it could be subject to nerfs.

It would take her longer (not as long as you think though) but she would still break AW and other modes where health pools aren't huge. I remember AW back when boss nodes didn't have true strike, 5* bosses were as easy to kill as a 1* arena defender with her regardless of time and nothing was actually able to shut her down until they added true strike to boss nodes. So no, a 6* Quake as is would still be extremely unhealthy for the game and Kabam would have to add true strike to every single node in AW Incursions AQ and who knows what else maybe even BGs just so she doesn't break the game completely. Every single top player would r5 ascend her immediately, if anyone says they wouldn't they're lying lol.

It's better to just nerf her to some extent so she can't cheese 90% of defenders and nodes and instead give her more damage to compensate for the stuff that gets taken away. I'd assume that's what the physical vulnerability would've basically done had she gotten nerfed.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    TheNepper said:

There is a very easy solution, we would have a quake classic (up to 5*) and a quake tweaked (6*+) (just as if they would be different characters, but it could be the same in-game character model with different kits). You can even add a different pic to the 6* so players might think about reading her kit, seeing she is not the same.

Interesting. A lot of people on either side seem to be converging on this solution. Many have already expressed this on this thread, and some on LINE too.

Perhaps

• Options
    Bendy said:

People saying to use ascended 5 it doesnt cut it anymore even if ascended u have too boost with her for the damage she needs to be useable just agree to allow nerf as the people saying not to nerf are probs those that never got hang of her, as i used to quake still want to quake but u people just scared of a nerf when they said the plan was physical vuln and cant evade unless the debuff is up that is all what is so bad about that

This kind of question came up a lot on this thread, so I just wanted to provide some info about what does taking away concussion affect exactly.

So lots just think Quake is OP because you can ignore hitting the enemy. While it is pretty good in itself, she's true strenght is that she has -100% aar while charging heavy, therefore she ignores 2-3 times more nodes/champ abilities than she would have with the change. This is the true reason she was BROKEN while her damage was even more relevant than it is now.

Taking concussion away would not enable her to deal with lots of stuff anymore, just to mention a few:
    - encroaching stun: time your first heavy, then concussion will be up every time it would trigger
    - masochism: concussion shuts it down, but physical vuln debuff would trigger it
    - spite: there is a technique to apply about 6 charges only, then dex after stun ends but before concussion goes away
    - safeguard: I am pretty sure your aftershocks deal more damage than 3 times 1% because of concussion
    - vigor: similar to encroaching stun
    - window of opportunity: you have to time it again but if concussion is up you won't get stunned
    - killmonger vibranium armor can be shut down (time your concussion when it would come up)
    - OG vision do not deal damage to you if you charge heavy while eating his speacial to the face (because it is based on his powerburn)

P.S. Just some end note on this: I understand why she cannot be released as is as 6*, but some of these 'cheeses' is and were always really hard to pull off and required lots of practice (it wasn't just 'I have learnt how to quake-and-shake, now nothing stops me') - and IMO those loving her playstyle engaged with the game much more because of it. Like imagine how much thought/practice has been put into a comprehessive guide like this: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/234492/quake-guide
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,393 ★★★★★
    TheNepper said:

Bendy said:

People saying to use ascended 5 it doesnt cut it anymore even if ascended u have too boost with her for the damage she needs to be useable just agree to allow nerf as the people saying not to nerf are probs those that never got hang of her, as i used to quake still want to quake but u people just scared of a nerf when they said the plan was physical vuln and cant evade unless the debuff is up that is all what is so bad about that

This kind of question came up a lot on this thread, so I just wanted to provide some info about what does taking away concussion affect exactly.

So lots just think Quake is OP because you can ignore hitting the enemy. While it is pretty good in itself, she's true strenght is that she has -100% aar while charging heavy, therefore she ignores 2-3 times more nodes/champ abilities than she would have with the change. This is the true reason she was BROKEN while her damage was even more relevant than it is now.

Taking concussion away would not enable her to deal with lots of stuff anymore, just to mention a few:
    - encroaching stun: time your first heavy, then concussion will be up every time it would trigger
    - masochism: concussion shuts it down, but physical vuln debuff would trigger it
    - spite: there is a technique to apply about 6 charges only, then dex after stun ends but before concussion goes away
    - safeguard: I am pretty sure your aftershocks deal more damage than 3 times 1% because of concussion
    - vigor: similar to encroaching stun
    - window of opportunity: you have to time it again but if concussion is up you won't get stunned
    - killmonger vibranium armor can be shut down (time your concussion when it would come up)
    - OG vision do not deal damage to you if you charge heavy while eating his speacial to the face (because it is based on his powerburn)

P.S. Just some end note on this: I understand why she cannot be released as is as 6*, but some of these 'cheeses' is and were always really hard to pull off and required lots of practice (it wasn't just 'I have learnt how to quake-and-shake, now nothing stops me') - and IMO those loving her playstyle engaged with the game much more because of it. Like imagine how much thought/practice has been put into a comprehessive guide like this: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/234492/quake-guide
    And those wanting the nerf understands that but would u really want her to just stay as a 5 though like sure not every node she will ignore its the fact kabam can start using those nodes again in different ways as reason we barley see them now is due to quake and they want to create nodes that cant be quaked so its why they want the change from concussion to physical vuln which isnt a bad thing as u still can do p5 in war p9 up til one eye opener the 2 end dot nodes still can deal with weapon x can still deal with the p3 lane not so much p1 for mascholism as u said but theres still lots of nodes in war she can be used for if she had the damage over the concussion
  • Options
    I understand that, I just wanted to provide some details (without my take) because it seemed to me that most players do not understand the tune down.

But since you ask, I would prefer to have my current 5* quake as is. Again as I mentioned I do not use her often nowadays, but when I do I use her for a reason.

My take is that is would be best to introduce a new tuned version (whatever it would mean) but only above 6*.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,987 ★★★★★
    TheNepper said:

I think leaving her as is up to 5* and introducing any nerfed 6*+ version wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Yes... that's what we are all talking about
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    As long as we continue to have champs like Hercules or Kitty Pride which are downright busted OP and require virtually no skill to play, then there’s no reason why Quake can’t at least be available as a 6*
    Plus she needs a very high skill ceiling to be played to access her damage which demands constant unbroken attention. Hercules multiple times does more damage with much less effort/skill.

Let’s call the situation for what it is 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

To be fair, I don't even agree with our POV necessarily. I think that it would be much better for players to have a small adjustment made to Quake so that we can release her, but I have been through enough of these situations to know that my mental health is better off by not making any changes at this time.

This change is pretty small, but it would allow the game team to actually be able to counter Quake in certain content, and allows players to start using her again. IMO, it just makes sense, but I made it clear to the team that unless we have a majority of players saying that they are open to a change, then Quake stays as a 5 Star forever.

I find this to be such a reasonable take. I honestly don’t mind either way. I don’t recall what my vote was but I’ve never agreed with you more wholeheartedly.

It’s not worth the drama unless a majority want it. The game will do fine leaving her locked in 5star carbonite if consensus can’t be reached. But if the that scale tips in another direction with a small adjustment where she no longer ignores nodes entirely, then it’d be great to see her released into the next rarities.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 949 ★★★★

To be fair, I don't even agree with our POV necessarily. I think that it would be much better for players to have a small adjustment made to Quake so that we can release her, but I have been through enough of these situations to know that my mental health is better off by not making any changes at this time.

This change is pretty small, but it would allow the game team to actually be able to counter Quake in certain content, and allows players to start using her again. IMO, it just makes sense, but I made it clear to the team that unless we have a majority of players saying that they are open to a change, then Quake stays as a 5 Star forever.

Release her, I strongly believe the majority of people want her even with the adjustment. Forum people are outspoken against it more than the whole playerbase for SOME REASON??? but people would FLOCK to get her at any higher rarity.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

BigBlueOx said:

TheNepper said:

Agreed, heck or even reskin her as Quake (Secret War) and release the new skin with the new kit in every rarity. Leave the current Quake as-is to avoid the drama and the community would be hyped to get this new twist on her.

We have like 25 spider-people in the game, nothing wrong with a 2nd Quake
    Wait wait wait you’re onto something here. Surefire way to get her into the game.

Spider-Quake.
    🤣 I think we’ve solved it. Next up, world peace.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Wicket329 said:

BigBlueOx said:

TheNepper said:

Agreed, heck or even reskin her as Quake (Secret War) and release the new skin with the new kit in every rarity. Leave the current Quake as-is to avoid the drama and the community would be hyped to get this new twist on her.

We have like 25 spider-people in the game, nothing wrong with a 2nd Quake
    Wait wait wait you’re onto something here. Surefire way to get her into the game.

Spider-Quake.
    🤣 I think we’ve solved it. Next up, world peace.
    Spider-World-Peace. Dang, this is easy. We’re killing it.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

Well @Kabam Miike as of this moment we are in the majority 👀

• Options
    Icy000Icy000 Posts: 274 ★★
    physical vulnerability instead of concussion?? are kabam trolling? the second change is fine but removing the concussion makes her completely useless.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    In a game where there thousands and thousands of players, a poll with 300 votes isn't indicative of an overall preference. We're talking about a 5* champ that is barely holding on the relevance as it is and is backed by nostalgia of a different time in the game. I'm all for changes being made for the betterment of the game.

With the abundance of OP champs that have been introduced, I'd imagine her usage has dropped pretty significantly with older players and newer players most likely gravitate to the newer champs over the older ones anyway. Take the leap, modify the kit. Characters shouldn't be left behind because they were OP in previous rarities. CG, Quake, Magik, etc...they deserve better and it doesn't have to follow the 12.0 shenanigans either. We're still waiting for the DS love and it's a shame because there are characters in the game that can do the things he was able to do back then even better.

As for Herc, his immortality is broken. He'd still be a top broken champ if they modified the indestructible to not pause on hits. They could even change it to purify all debuffs, a la NF, which would prevent you from straight up dying from DOT when it ended. With that said, there are champs in the game that counter it and also masteries have a chance to shut it off as well.
  • Options
    Icy000 said:

physical vulnerability instead of concussion?? are kabam trolling? the second change is fine but removing the concussion makes her completely useless.

They wanted to add damage if nerfing her utility which is a great outcome so no kabam isnt trolling they know how broken concussion is if can be used in this way of trying to make a node counter isnt easy as there last counter was true focus which seemed to be not used either but changing utility for damage is a good outcome in the end
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    If thery're gonna nerf Quake, then nerf Quake.

With every champion buff/change, its not like they say 'New buff abilities' are only active for 7-star champions. For example, what if I wanted my 6-star Red Skull to remain the same pre-buff, so I only want the buff changes to only apply to 7-star Red Skull in the Titan crystal.

Remember all the players wanting Guillotine to be buffed (over Antman, in the vote), and then complaining once the changes were made? Those same old-Guillotine players have just as much reason to want to preserved old style 5-star Guillotine and have the 6-star+ versions be the buffed Guillotine.

No half measures of classic 5-star Quake and New Coke Quake 6-star plus. This 'compromise' that players want is very self serving and not present anywhere (with some exceptions of course). It is not really a compromise, and more just something that players want (the option to 'cheese' content at a snails pace with a 5-star, but then have a higher star version for general usage).

Exceptions:
    1-star and 2-star version of champions (like Colossus) are not buffed for 'beginner player friendliness reasons'.
    Abyss and everest content.

My proposed compromise: If Quake is changed, change all versions except for a rarely available 1-star version.
  • Options
    altavista said:

If thery're gonna nerf Quake, then nerf Quake.

With every champion buff/change, its not like they say 'New buff abilities' are only active for 7-star champions. For example, what if I wanted my 6-star Red Skull to remain the same pre-buff, so I only want the buff changes to only apply to 7-star Red Skull in the Titan crystal.

Remember all the players wanting Guillotine to be buffed (over Antman, in the vote), and then complaining once the changes were made? Those same old-Guillotine players have just as much reason to want to preserved old style 5-star Guillotine and have the 6-star+ versions be the buffed Guillotine.

No half measures of classic 5-star Quake and New Coke Quake 6-star plus. This 'compromise' that players want is very self serving and not present anywhere (with some exceptions of course). It is not really a compromise, and more just something that players want (the option to 'cheese' content at a snails pace with a 5-star, but then have a higher star version for general usage).

Exceptions:
    1-star and 2-star version of champions (like Colossus) are not buffed for 'beginner player friendliness reasons'.
    Abyss and everest content.

My proposed compromise: If Quake is changed, change all versions except for a rarely available 1-star version.

They would nerf magik but when kabam mike sent the info about quakes changes they forgot what magiks nerf would be but it be in sense of her power lock/stealing 0 bars of previous power so if she steals 0.8% of a bar she would always still that on sp2 and they will do something with limbo like making it base attack only or making a way to prevent it
  • Options
    Icy000 said:

I think if her play style remained the same (where you never had to hit an opposing champ or be hit) but she no longer turned off abilities like KM’s vibranium armor she’d still be crazy useful. The concussion makes her broken as it turns off far too much but the ability to win fights without ever needing to land a hit is why she’s the absolute MCoC Goddess in her own class and she’d still have insane utility.
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    TheNepper said:

Leave the 5-stars and lower versions as the original champion design, then do a tweaked version for the 6-star & 7-star. Kinda like how 2* Hulk, Juggs & Colossus are still the original versions. Win-win
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Icy000 said:

I think if her play style remained the same (where you never had to hit an opposing champ or be hit) but she no longer turned off abilities like KM’s vibranium armor she’d still be crazy useful. The concussion makes her broken as it turns off far too much but the ability to win fights without ever needing to land a hit is why she’s the absolute MCoC Goddess in her own class and she’d still have insane utility.
    She will still have her quaking play style or it be stupid of a name and might aswell be called daisy johnson if she was gonna be a different play style she still be able to hold heavy infinitely
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Well @Kabam Miike as of this moment we are in the majority 👀

Its now even haha