**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Look..

ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
The news about mastery loadouts is great and all but it’s hard to be excited when the date of its release is April 1st..

I’m just not going to get my hopes up for something kabam know we all want. Especially with April fools coming up.

It will be nice if it’s real though but nothing can convince me it is until I see it physically in the game until then I’m seeing it as an April fools joke.

Comments

• Options
    Cure2024 said:

April fool jokes are only good when they are done 1st April and when we forget it is April 1st. I highly doubt a joke supposed to happen on April 1st would be announced several days before.

Like I said I will not be getting excited for it until it happens.
  • Options

Well maybe the true joke is to make us think it's a joke but actually it's real?

Quite possibly, I just find it odd how out of all dates they pick April 1st.. It lines up with the new april build of the game but you'd think to avoid all this they could have dropped it Wednesday so there would be no doubts,
  • Options
    Maratox said:

ShuGokis said:

Well maybe the true joke is to make us think it's a joke but actually it's real?

Quite possibly, I just find it odd how out of all dates they pick April 1st.. It lines up with the new april build of the game but you'd think to avoid all this they could have dropped it Wednesday so there would be no doubts,
    Or you can take off the tin foil hat and accept that the most likely answer is the correct one: that new app updates drop on the Monday before new content.

Can you imagine the lost faith if Kabam said “april fools lul” to the most wanted QOL update in history. And for what? So they can maybe laugh about it in the break room? They gain nothing from that and lose a whole lot.
    How about no. I will do and believe what I want about this.
  • Options
    SilentArisSilentAris Posts: 56
    Also there's no post in forums for that mostly if things like this get announced it will get post in forums
  • Options

Also there's no post in forums for that mostly if things like this get announced it will get post in forums

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/mastery-loadouts/

There is this post with a bit of text giving us the release date, and a bit of info on what they are and what they will do and no preview pictures that is about it unless they posted something else I have missed.

But hey I am not going to cause an arguement I am simply going to wait for it to release if its real cool if its not then also cool but like I said should have announced the date as the wednesday not April 1st.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,200 ★★★★★
    ShuGokis said:

Cure2024 said:

April fool jokes are only good when they are done 1st April and when we forget it is April 1st. I highly doubt a joke supposed to happen on April 1st would be announced several days before.

Like I said I will not be getting excited for it until it happens.
    Well u don’t make April fools I. Advance that’s not fun
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,200 ★★★★★

Ther is a post one there blog
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Just be excited lol
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    The amount of community uproar that would happen if that was the case would be massive.

Kabam ain't stupid, my dude.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 569 ★★★
    Yeah, that would be the opposite of what a good April fools joke should be. Honestly would love to see them do something like Everquest did back in the day where they announced new High quality character models in a surprise patch the day of, only to replace every player character with a red stick man. It was hilarious, and the best part was it cut lag in populated areas and on raids down to near zero. What you think Kabaam, can we fight some red stick figures next year?
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,014 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

As one of the people who routinely is on the receiving end of community wrath... There is a zero percent chance that I would allow anyone to make a "joke" of this magnitude.

It would be *really* funny though.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    I will say it's true....

No, if they said we could farm revives on April 1st again
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,977 ★★★★★
    I looked.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★

Jax and I have had a rule, and it's why you haven't heard much about Mastery Loadouts until this announcement.

The rule is that until we are absolutely positively sure that Mastery loadouts were coming, and have seen the feature in-game with our own eyes, we do not talk about it with the community at all, because this has been something we know that you have wanted and have been disappointed by the long wait for.

These are real and they are coming. April 1st is just the timing of when the new version releases...

Even though the feature is actually coming and you guys smartly waited to say anything about it it is insanely funny that it just so happens that the time it is officially coming is the day known for pulling the biggest pranks on people. I would have delayed it just for that lmaoo
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,679 Guardian
    ahmynuts said:

Jax and I have had a rule, and it's why you haven't heard much about Mastery Loadouts until this announcement.

The rule is that until we are absolutely positively sure that Mastery loadouts were coming, and have seen the feature in-game with our own eyes, we do not talk about it with the community at all, because this has been something we know that you have wanted and have been disappointed by the long wait for.

These are real and they are coming. April 1st is just the timing of when the new version releases...

Even though the feature is actually coming and you guys smartly waited to say anything about it it is insanely funny that it just so happens that the time it is officially coming is the day known for pulling the biggest pranks on people. I would have delayed it just for that lmaoo
    You would have pushed it back to the May Update just to avoid an April 1st release date?
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    In the end, it's a launch on April Fool's day, that everyone thinks its a joke, but the real joke is that this is true

Understood?🙄🤔
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Trust us guys we are not totally joking on 1st April 😉
    (Thanks for mastery update)
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,992 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

You would have pushed it back to the May Update just to avoid an April 1st release date?
    No I would have just pushed it by like a day via hotfix or something
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 63
    edited March 27
    Kabam Jax said:

As one of the people who routinely is on the receiving end of community wrath... There is a zero percent chance that I would allow anyone to make a "joke" of this magnitude.

You gotta admit that would be epic tho, lol — I mean.. Spider Punk AND Loadouts? April’s gonna be epic.

Looking forward to the loadouts :smiley:
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 114 ★★
    So if I am reading between the lines with my Illuminati cipher, you’re saying this not going to happen.
  • Options
    NüΚΞ said:

So if I am reading between the lines with my Illuminati cipher, you’re saying this not going to happen.

Was simply my thoughts on it all.

@Kabam Miike please close this.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited March 27
    It's sad when someone has to make a post like this, if Kabam made good on their announcement for masteries 2.0, 2 years ago, maybe there would be less trust issues. Mind you these loadouts were only part of what the company was supposed to deliver 24 months ago.