Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,810 ★★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

General Comp

We will be sending AW compensation to all Alliances. The package will scale depending on Alliance War Tier.

Expect this general compensation to happen at the conclusion of the season.
    Must stay in same alliance till comp is awarded or not required?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,689 Guardian
    ** RE, greater chance for TIES with latest couple scoring changes **

So Diversity Points (270) are still on an even multiple of the *RECENT CHANGE* Attack Bonus points (90 per Bonus) ?

*FYI, a prior thread discussed this Attack Bonus change happened at beginning of this past off-season. Changed from 80x to 90x. (not widely known though. ie @Crys23 calculations in their earlier comment up above)

In that thread, it was mentioned that Kabam may have done it to adjust Total Potential points back to what they were before the Map Adjustment (no longer the extra 5 empty nodes, new 3 mini-islands, etc).
    But since points are only relative to your opponent, didn’t feel there was a need for that. And now with Diversity change, that really changes Total Points versus what it used to be anyways.
    **so, can Attack Bonus be rolled-back to 80x (like most people assume it still is, but it isn’t), so that Bonus, Diversity, and Node Explore could all on different multiples of each other

I am concerned with the change to 90x that this will result in more TIES, since now Attack Bonus and Diversity are on even multiples. (last 4 weeks has been 30 vs 90. But even now, 270 vs 90, still an even 3x multiple).
  • Options
    This is a massive positive change in the right direction. Kudos, this alleviates a ton of pain points and gives current tactic champs the tools to fight some painful matchups. Great job doing this promptly while taking feedback actively.
  • Options
    UCanHateMeNowUCanHateMeNow Posts: 59
    Ok what about not being able to switch banned attackers? This is an issue in tier 5 wars at the moment and should also be addressed.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 747 ★★★★

** RE, greater chance for TIES with latest couple scoring changes **

So Diversity Points (270) are still on an even multiple of the *RECENT CHANGE* Attack Bonus points (90 per Bonus) ?

*FYI, a prior thread discussed this Attack Bonus change happened at beginning of this past off-season. Changed from 80x to 90x. (not widely known though. ie @Crys23 calculations in their earlier comment up above)

In that thread, it was mentioned that Kabam may have done it to adjust Total Potential points back to what they were before the Map Adjustment (no longer the extra 5 empty nodes, new 3 mini-islands, etc).
    But since points are only relative to your opponent, didn’t feel there was a need for that. And now with Diversity change, that really changes Total Points versus what it used to be anyways.
    **so, can Attack Bonus be rolled-back to 80x (like most people assume it still is, but it isn’t), so that Bonus, Diversity, and Node Explore could all on different multiples of each other

I am concerned with the change to 90x that this will result in more TIES, since now Attack Bonus and Diversity are on even multiples. (last 4 weeks has been 30 vs 90. But even now, 270 vs 90, still an even 3x multiple).

You're right, attack bonus is 90 points now. Playing in T1, I feel I should've known that lol.
    And yes, I agree, points for diversity and attack bonus should be on different multiples of eachother.
  • Options
    HollowKisameHollowKisame Posts: 39
    What about alliances where members couldn't place defenders during Raid week which we were able to win one but lost another because of this bug?
  • Options
    HollowKisameHollowKisame Posts: 39
    Nicoya24 said:

I believe there should be a separate compensation for the alliances who could not placed defenders or use all 30 attackers due to the AQ raid bug. My master tier 1 alliance (SGA-1) should not have to receive a generic compensation along with everyone else that were not impacted by the bug. Those ally's this season who are experiencing the same issue we did last season need to be communicated with by kabam and work out something that is fair and makes sense. We had to use more resources to compensate for the missing player and play at a 2-death disadvantage for the last 3 wars of last season. Unfair advantage that goes beyond I am sure what everyone else will be receiving.

Feel free to message me directly (Nico24) in game or the email address attached to my in-game name. Here is our thread that is around a month old when we first brought up the issue that have received over 5k views and 200 comments.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/360977/alliance-war-placement-bug/p1

Agreed! We were able to win one during raid week but lost cause we were down 3 members even though we had them!
  • Options
    SmokegunSmokegun Posts: 9
    edited March 27
    No Kabam, please .

I have just seen that "nerf". Some changes are good. But...

Between now and the next Friday war, that leaves very little time to review the entire defense. During the week we also work incidentally... :(((

You didn't have to be clairvoyant to guess that a lot of teams weren't going to play for diversity with this global tactic

Kabam, you are changing the rules of the game in the middle of the season.
    It's not correct, it s unfair :( .
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 568 ★★★★
    edited March 27
    elite players aren't happy with the ELITE map and the "die more" intentions that are baked into crush and magic thief. is this going to change?
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 73
    Crys23 said:

Points adjustment for diversity it's an overcorrection. Even if full attack bonus is lost on a duplicate defender (240), it wont matter since you gain 270 in diversity.
    Should've been like 150 per unique defender, so anyone placing duplicates would want at least 2 kills from that defender. Or 220, get 3 kills to offeset the diversity loss.
    I get that you want to promote full diversity, but removing duplicate defenders as a strategy option seems like another poor design choice.

Also, you listed the new timers as 10/15/20, so the stack limits should read as 5/4/3, since the 10s goes with the 5stacks, 15 with 4, 20 with 3.

No thanks. I'd rather not have 7 bullseye and 2 serpents on each bg map. Maybe y'all like that tho
  • Options
    SmokegunSmokegun Posts: 9
    edited March 27
    Eligibility for season rewards is reduced to one entry. It is a disaster!

Like a few years ago, everyone who has multiple accounts will benefit unfairly 🤦

With experience, how is it possible to reproduce this error?
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 57
    edited March 27
    So with new diversity points system if someone isnt able to put defenders will now hurt much more for ally? Great job Kabam
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    Thanks, I’ll stop complaining for a few days
  • Options
    bor001bor001 Posts: 28
    Thank you Kabam .. for at least listening .. will see how changes pan out .. hopefully will be a reasonable challenge not like some of the impossible stuff we had to deal with in wars 1 to 6
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    edited March 28
    Did kabam really look at the problems individually and not consider how they affect the other problem?
    Its really annoying to know that we lost wars cause cause some new people couldn't place defenders, that this won't get fixed until next update (btw some members left so we will have the same problem until update) and then the compensation will be tier based when we dropped 2 tiers atm...
    Also changing it to 1 war participation makes it easier for people to just leave an alliance that failed due to the defender placing bug.
    Agh its almost comical.
  • Options
    Nish33Nish33 Posts: 5
    Just get rid of this meta all together. Simple as that that. Last meta was **** and this season even worse.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Too bad this news couldn't come out yesterday and allow the diversity changes to be in place. Sucks to sit and face 4 Serpent in each BG.
  • Options

Too bad this news couldn't come out yesterday and allow the diversity changes to be in place. Sucks to sit and face 4 Serpent in each BG.

The changes kick in tomorrow...
  • Options

From next war. Not the war that has started.
  • Options

It says Friday so alliances can change their defense...
  • Options

It says Friday so alliances can change their defense...
    Yeah that's what I'm saying lol. My initial post was about IF the announcement had been yesterday and diversity changes had started from today, at least there would be some benefit in this war where I'm facing 4 Serpent.
  • Options
    thope_3thope_3 Posts: 1
    General Comp section - Soooo that’s great and all but is my alliance going to be compensated at the Tier 3 level that we’ve been in for seasons or the Tier 4 level we finally dropped to because no one wants to play AW anymore this season? 🤔
  • Options
    Jez25Jez25 Posts: 42
    Wow.. based on this.. i would rather have failed to be matched up and get a "win" compensation than having to play and waste my units, pots and boost..
    Then also get the end season compensation..
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 41
    No compensation for alliances that got affected with the bug that didn't allow new members to place defenders?
  • Options
    GabeZRodGabeZRod Posts: 69 ★★
    edited March 28
    As the original poster of the “Magic Thief - Needs Nerf ASAP” post, I appreciate these changes! The diversity change is the best of the updates, and I appreciate the Killmonger nerf as well. I think the evade mechanic is still a bit annoying because of block damage being such an issue nowadays but I suppose we can wait and see; I understand not wanting to nerf the tactic too much such that it can be completely bypassed. Thanks to the Kabam team for taking action on this 🙏🏽

I will also say I can’t speak on behalf of the bug that affected alliances’ inability to place defenders and/or enlist in war. I hope those affected will receive appropriate compensation, but I am hopeful that these changes will bring back the fun of AW
This discussion has been closed.