Options

Diversity points

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

There is another point that a lot of people are just ignoring. Fine they said Friday, it got bugged and counted a war.. blahblahblag... Why on earth change scoring systems in the middle of a season?...It was not an exploit, it was not a bug, it was a strategy within the rules. Why change the rules in the middle of the season...so frustrating

Between that, match making and Raids ruining placements for an entire week this season is a full on asterisk. It’s bananas the season hasn’t been cancelled…. I’d be genuinely outraged but I felt the Death Throes of AW in December. Too bad too this was a great mode
    I would actually like to know from all the number running people in the forums, if the score changing doesn't affect much at the end with the tier multipliers applied.
    It is ridiculous to change scoring in mid season!
    It’s a dramatic difference too. It’s only a net neutral once every one is running full diversity.
    How dramatic? Got a total possible before and after? I'm really curious
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

There is another point that a lot of people are just ignoring. Fine they said Friday, it got bugged and counted a war.. blahblahblag... Why on earth change scoring systems in the middle of a season?...It was not an exploit, it was not a bug, it was a strategy within the rules. Why change the rules in the middle of the season...so frustrating

Between that, match making and Raids ruining placements for an entire week this season is a full on asterisk. It’s bananas the season hasn’t been cancelled…. I’d be genuinely outraged but I felt the Death Throes of AW in December. Too bad too this was a great mode
    I would actually like to know from all the number running people in the forums, if the score changing doesn't affect much at the end with the tier multipliers applied.
    It is ridiculous to change scoring in mid season!
    It’s a dramatic difference too. It’s only a net neutral once every one is running full diversity.
    How dramatic? Got a total possible before and after? I'm really curious
    Perfect diversity is basically worth 36,000 more points than it used to be worth now. A single missed diversity is gonna result in about 6 abs lost too. People are upset about the easy to see L but alot of people lost ground in where they would have been placement wise too
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,157 ★★★★★
    1 diversity = 3 attack bonus (90 points each)
  • Options
    Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Posts: 49
    Alliances with new members that can’t place defenders have pretty much lost the war before it even started with the new diversity points system. Something is broken yet they add a new rule to break it even more.
  • Options
    Jez25Jez25 Posts: 42
    We won cause of the unexpected early change.. but that still means KABAM had screwed up again as usual.. we suffer while they enjoy their easter.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Don’t care about the diversity BUT my auto enlist changed from 1 to 3 BGs. No one touched it…needless to say we are going to lose this war since we are down 20 people…
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 271 ★★★
    I wish my alli coul've taken advantage of this, ngl! All season we ran full diversity and came up against team after team that were all about that MagicThief life.

There was one group that had exclusively MagicThief, it left us scratching our heads if they either especially recruited for it or forced all members to rank up these specific champs before season started.

So seeing how the trend was going we'd probably have taken a very satisfying win this war (still don't think it's fair that this went out early tho. It was a strategy and ppl were using it. We weren't. It was a choice).

Helas! War 7 we didn't get a match again!!!
    Second war in a row. No Byes. Just a big freaking drop on the rankings.

We went from being a top of the bracket G1 alli to mid G3 now. By absolutely no fault of our own.

Cancel
    This
    Season!!

What more will it take???
  • Options
    br10050br10050 Posts: 9
    Kabam said the diversity scoring change would be done on Friday and they actually did without thinking about the wars happening on Friday. What a stupid move.
  • Options
    LonMLonM Posts: 32
    still see its radio silence
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,553 ★★★★★
    br10050 said:

Kabam said the diversity scoring change would be done on Friday and they actually did without thinking about the wars happening on Friday. What a stupid move.

It was meant to apply after the war that ended but in fact it came into affect before
  • Options
    Jez25Jez25 Posts: 42
    LonM said:

still see its radio silence

Its easter weekend.. they wont bother..
  • Options
    LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Posts: 22
    Just in case you consider pulling war #7 out of the scoring because so many team undeservedly lost or won due to the new scoring being released before it was intended and communicated, make sure you consider the alliances that would have won in either scoring scenario, like ours. It won't be fair to have a win taken away that was earned when we are 4 spots away from Gold 3. Keep everyone in mind when you resolve this.

And - BTW - the number one lesson in your post-mortem notes from this situation is definitely: Don't release a major AW scoring change in the middle of a season ever again. This should have waited until between seasons.
  • Options
    Core21042016Core21042016 Posts: 17
    Outstanding kabam performance again… who was smart enough took the risk and placed doubled bullseye & co knowing it will bring more than a kill. Not to bother others but to survive the kill competition!
    AW was anyways the game mode with the lowest fun level the last seasons -> from flagship to pain in the ass.
    The change kabam is implementing was not necessary mid season and for sure not in front of a holiday weekend with additional workload for all alliances (updating defense) and without support from their end. Management wise its just a complete fail
  • Options
    WhatsthedillyoWhatsthedillyo Posts: 19
    At this point you guys need to understand that this company doesn’t really care about how you feel . They will continue to be tone deaf until it affects revenues.

We had a situation where multiple alliances from low to high tiers playing at a disadvantage for an entire week and nothing was done 2 seasons in a row .

What makes you think this would be any different?

They have promised generic compensation which is likely to be loyalty and some revives which is in their books is fair .

If this was an airline or your doctors you would be in for a hefty payday .
  • Options
    Fred1Fred1 Posts: 37
    Terribly annoying. Communication from kabam was clear, in advance and the change was for good reasons (not to have too many terrible defenders).... It's a pitty the "patch" went live too early. Many alliances are disappointed and we all think this season is going to the wall.

I hope kabam will be able to give the victory to the appropriate alliance... and not only "erase" this AW.

But I m afraid that I'm a bit optimistic !

Fred
  • Options
    Fred1 said:

Terribly annoying. Communication from kabam was clear, in advance and the change was for good reasons (not to have too many terrible defenders).... It's a pitty the "patch" went live too early. Many alliances are disappointed and we all think this season is going to the wall.

I hope kabam will be able to give the victory to the appropriate alliance... and not only "erase" this AW.

But I m afraid that I'm a bit optimistic !

Fred

Im sure the only reason for an immediate change was money. I stopped spending in AW already with crush so I guess other played did it too
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 169 ★★

Outstanding kabam performance again… who was smart enough took the risk and placed doubled bullseye & co knowing it will bring more than a kill. Not to bother others but to survive the kill competition!
    AW was anyways the game mode with the lowest fun level the last seasons -> from flagship to pain in the ass.
    The change kabam is implementing was not necessary mid season and for sure not in front of a holiday weekend with additional workload for all alliances (updating defense) and without support from their end. Management wise its just a complete fail

As I’ve stated you guys who did place lack of diversity did get shafted.

But let’s not act like it was some heroic genius or big risk. If you placed lack of diversity from tier 1 and below (even some in tier 1) you took advantage of an extremely broken tactic. It’s not some big brain move or some big risk. Again, you don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s mistake. But it’s really not the risk you were making it out to be because diversity points didnt matter with a tactic that’s so messed up.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

But let’s not act like it was some heroic genius or big risk. If you placed lack of diversity from tier 1 and below (even some in tier 1) you took advantage of an extremely broken tactic. It’s not some big brain move or some big risk. Again, you don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s mistake. But it’s really not the risk you were making it out to be because diversity points didnt matter with a tactic that’s so messed up.
    As I described it was necessary to compete! Not saying its fun or you need to have studied to do so. But who was not smart enough to double defenders lost the war.
  • Options
    Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    Deadly silence ,ill quit this game im done
  • Options

PIKESTAIN said:

As I described it was necessary to compete! Not saying its fun or you need to have studied to do so. But who was not smart enough to double defenders lost the war.
    As a tier 1 players a few spots out of Masters, it wasn’t necessary to compete. Most in Masters didn’t do it.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    Look at this monster that has been created..
    Look at the ammount of alliances looking for people and people looking for alliances.. in mid season for making participation to 1 war.. what a disaster.
    People put so much time and work planning a whole seasons, for nothing.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

As a tier 1 players a few spots out of Masters, it wasn’t necessary to compete. Most in Masters didn’t do it.
    I see you want to make your point. Its ok for me, we play Tier 1 too and had not a single opponent w 150 diversity.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★
    edited March 30

Look at the ammount of alliances looking for people and people looking for alliances.. in mid season for making participation to 1 war.. what a disaster.

Honestly… this is arguably the worst managed season in my memory. If I didn’t know any better I’d think they were intentionally trying to kill the mode at this point. The cacophony of missteps these last 4 months… just baffling
  • Options

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

I see you want to make your point. Its ok for me, we play Tier 1 too and had not a single opponent w 150 diversity.
    Yeah I don’t believe that. We played 4loki, full diversity, and several others. Either way you’re most likely going to get credit for the W. And shouldn’t have gotten the loss.
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 271 ★★★
    edited March 30
    BigBlueOx said:

Honestly… this is arguably the worst managed season in my memory. If I didn’t know any better I’d think they were intentionally trying to kill the mode at this point. The cacophony of missteps these last 4 months… just baffling
    Exactly! I remember there was one where they pulled the whole thing down on War 6, and I can't even remember why that was - there was some scuff involved sure, but nothing even remote to now, not even in the same galaxy.

Maybe kbm was better at admitting their L's back then. Now it's all "This content is not for everyone", "You don't have to do all content", and my all time favorite: "players' time is not important".

I've played this long enough that I remember the pleasant suprise mail we used to get from the GM with a few goodies and a 'thank you for playing mcoc' whenever there was as much as a couple minutes where the game went down.
  • Options
    Johnson374Johnson374 Posts: 30
    ... lost a war we should have won.

in previous scoring system, options were given between diversity and attack bonus. with this new scoring system - there is no option, you either have diversity or you lose.

wonder if this scoring system will stay for next season onward ...
  • Options
    WhatsthedillyoWhatsthedillyo Posts: 19
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

This sounds like “ I play tier 1 I am better than you guys” . Do realise tier one alliances make up less than one percent of the entire alliances in the game.

These alliances while you make not call them as competitive as tier one still try to compete so telling them they knew the risk is very insensitive.

Foregoing diversity is a strategy which is within the rules . Remember the diversity points is only there so alliance are forced to use up resources to rank up champs is you really try to look under the hood from a Kabam business standpoint .

Like said earlier , the season wasnt cancelled with the previous fiasco this won’t make a difference .

It is a war season that has lost all validity but from the powers that be even your time is not a resource. So just claim the loyalty and revives as compensation and keep your wallets closed .

• Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    - change to scoring system implemented in wrong war, just before a long weekend where nothing is going to be done to fix that mistake
    - AQ raid bug for people that changed alliances
    - matchmaking errors still affecting certain alliances that are missing wars
    - unprecedented tone down of the AW tactic 2 times in the span of 2 weeks
    - bugs such as the Killmonger indestructible removing prowess and the CGR on node 4 gaining judgements and refreshing the damnation that melted attackers unless very specific tactic champs were used

Now next season add 2 more bans and some placements that already only have a select few counters becomes borderline impossible again.

If ever there needed to be a season cancelled.. this would be it I'd say.

Honestly take the game mode down for however long it takes to test it, develop great ideas and keep the community engaged in what is one of the best game modes in mcoc when things are working properly.
  • Options
    GizGiz Posts: 137

BigBlueOx said:

Exactly! I remember there was one where they pulled the whole thing down on War 6, and I can't even remember why that was - there was some scuff involved sure, but nothing even remote to now, not even in the same galaxy.

Maybe kbm was better at admitting their L's back then. Now it's all "This content is not for everyone", "You don't have to do all content", and my all time favorite: "players' time is not important".

I've played this long enough that I remember the pleasant suprise mail we used to get from the GM with a few goodies and a 'thank you for playing mcoc' whenever there was as much as a couple minutes where the game went down.
    Those messages were from the Collector….GM don’t give a **** lol