Options

Addressing Pain Points in April's Vaults Side Quest - Unlocking map + additional Maze keys

Hey Summoners!

We hope you all are enjoying our new Side Quest: Vaults! With the help of the community, we have identified some particular pain points that have been causing frustrations! As a result, we are taking the following actions to alleviate these difficulties
  • We will be attaching *four* additional Maze entry keys to the second week's objectives (one to each step)
  • We will be unlocking the camera in the Maze quest map
We believe this should better equip Summoners to plan their paths and avoid missing exploration rewards at the end of the event.

Reminder: You are not meant to explore each Maze, and please focus on exploring one Threat Level for the Vaults!

If you were able to navigate the Side Quest, so far, without any issues - congratulations! You will now have access to additional Maze paths and the Mysterium and other goodies attached to them

Hoping this helps!

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    edited April 8
    Thanks Kabam love you guys sorry for all the grief ❤️ @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,328 ★★★
    Thanks 😊👍
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 820 ★★★★
    This is genuinely appreciated.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 624 ★★★★

Folkvangr said:

When can we expect the camera to be unlocked?

Dude it literally says when the 2nd week starts....
    Except it’s already unlocked dude
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,922 ★★★★★

Folkvangr said:

Well in my defense its hard to tell since I can't get in since I already used all of my keys. Either way they are not gonna unlock it by week 4... Duh
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 103

Folkvangr said:

Well in my defense its hard to tell since I can't get in since I already used all of my keys. Either way they are not gonna unlock it by week 4... Duh
    Obviously
    My question was to know if it would be applied to week 1
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,826 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

So more keys for basically a bit more mysterium is your solution? I'm sorry but the traders outpost store just plain sucks at all levels. So this really isn't all that great.

Its more keys for people who got affected and won't be able to explore ...
    You just moved the goal post to a different stadium in a different state of a different country....
    Not really since most people that messed up only messed up one key so they're still getting 3 extra keys. But there's also plenty of people out there that can actually read instructions and manage to do things properly the first time. Not our fault others can't accomplish simple tasks.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

So more keys for basically a bit more mysterium is your solution? I'm sorry but the traders outpost store just plain sucks at all levels. So this really isn't all that great.

You just moved the goal post to a different stadium in a different state of a different country....
    Not really since most people that messed up only messed up one key so they're still getting 3 extra keys. But there's also plenty of people out there that can actually read instructions and manage to do things properly the first time. Not our fault others can't accomplish simple tasks.
    Well the extra keys are not aimed for you then, you get free Trader's Post currency...
    which brings me full circle back to they're garbage.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Well the extra keys are not aimed for you then, you get free Trader's Post currency...
    which brings me full circle back to they're garbage.
    Doesnt stop you from complaining about something that is not aimed for you.
    Considering every single side quest from now on will have mysterium attached to them, it's a very valid complaint is it not? If they insist on making a new currency for every monthly side event and when those are added into fixes/compensation etc, then the store should also have better value than it currently does.
    I know the Paragon one is pretty underwhelming, but the Valiant one seems to be decent...
    This is not adding or compensating, its fixing an issue.
    Like you have said.. you read the details, you did it verbatim, you had no issues. So why would you br compensated at all?
    Time doing a cruddy side quest obviously. Time we can't get back. But I forgot, our time isn't valued by kabam is it.
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 102
    edited April 9
    I learned my lesson after losing one key and getting it restored by support (100% my fault), but this is still hugely appreciated. Thanks for looking out for us.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Very very welcomed surprise, thank y’all!
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 177
    so, honestly awesome response?

still think the "kitchen sink approach" is going to keep confusing people. nothing to be done when the quest(s) are live. looking forward to the design approach toMay, or past the current Saga.

still think this may not be worth the time to everyone. that's fair, not mandatory content. and the only "missable" reward would be for those chasing 7* Kurt. the rest helps, but it's not really roster altering.

but adding back some entries to fix the people who legit locked themselves out of rewards, and also allowing the map to be scouted so we can actually plan out and use limited resources correctly, directly speaks to people who want to complete this content.

solid solution, and thank you.

• Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 651 ★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Hey Summoners!

We hope you all are enjoying our new Side Quest: Vaults! With the help of the community, we have identified some particular pain points that have been causing frustrations! As a result, we are taking the following actions to alleviate these difficulties

• We will be attaching *four* additional Maze entry keys to the second week's objectives (one to each step)
    We believe this should better equip Summoners to plan their paths and avoid missing exploration rewards at the end of the event.

Reminder: You are not meant to explore each Maze, and please focus on exploring one Threat Level for the Vaults!

If you were able to navigate the Side Quest, so far, without any issues - congratulations! You will now have access to additional Maze paths and the Mysterium and other goodies attached to them

Hoping this helps!
    MCOC Team said:

Hey Summoners!

Hoping this helps!
    Thank you very much. That does help.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,872 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

I am wondering what my own response will be if I got lost in the maze.

And I think it is not unreasonable to well lose one’s way in the maze.

Game developer has to consider how to communicate properly the maze risk. Did they?
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    @Kabam Miike , What will happen to unexplored vault of this week? Will it stay open to explore next week or will be replaced with new vault?
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    MCOC Team said:

Hey Summoners!

Hoping this helps!
    Hi Jax, does this mean we are not able to gain rewards for all the threat levels below the difficulty we are able to complete?