8.4 tips and strategies

13»

Comments

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 844 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Archangel work for 8.4.2 Black cat?

Maw is a cheat code here. Cat as guaranteed crits which miss Maw
    I tried that … and for some reason still got tagged while trying to miss/intercept. No big deal, still had other champs to finish the job but not sure why it didn’t work.
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★

Which one is the Easiest path in act 8.4.6?

Not sure about easiest but I took the path with no extra stuff on the boss.
    Okay usually I find the gold path easiest.. doing that on 8.4.6 too
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,533 ★★★★★

Dtl7714 said:

Archangel work for 8.4.2 Black cat?

Maw is a cheat code here. Cat as guaranteed crits which miss Maw
    I tried that … and for some reason still got tagged while trying to miss/intercept. No big deal, still had other champs to finish the job but not sure why it didn’t work.
    Her guaranteed crits are disabled if you intercept her, you might have accidentally intercepted her.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,583 ★★★★★
    8.4.2 path with Jane Foster -- Spider Ham it. Ignores degen (which isn't that powerful anyway) plus the taunt so that you can get Hood and Heimdall to throw sp1s.

Tried Gwen to avoid Heimdall's sp2 and it didn't work; guess his True Strike overrides her ability.
  • Options

8.4.2 path with Jane Foster -- Spider Ham it. Ignores degen (which isn't that powerful anyway) plus the taunt so that you can get Hood and Heimdall to throw sp1s.

Tried Gwen to avoid Heimdall's sp2 and it didn't work; guess his True Strike overrides her ability.

Can confirm. I took jane and dragon man sp3 with ham in the face and he shrugged it off like nothing happened.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★
    Hulkbuster is insane on the 8.4.4 weapon path

• Options

I'm having trouble in this path 8.4.4 . Unblockable specials but I can't dex apoc/sinister specials. Who shall I use? Shuri is limited by the debuff immunity node. Who did you all used for this path?
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 694 ★★★★

I'm having trouble in this path 8.4.4 . Unblockable specials but I can't dex apoc/sinister specials. Who shall I use? Shuri is limited by the debuff immunity node. Who did you all used for this path?

I used Warlock for Sinister, Venom for Stealthy, and Hulkbuster/Emma for the rest. Sinister's Sp1 is easy to evade than Sp2.

The Immovable Object node will allow you to block the unblockable attacks. Also with a striker, you can remove their debuff immunity
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,583 ★★★★★

Can confirm. I took jane and dragon man sp3 with ham in the face and he shrugged it off like nothing happened.
    LOL I took two and didn't die. Not even sure why but fine by me. Also it might've been 8.4.3.
  • Options

LOL I took two and didn't die. Not even sure why but fine by me. Also it might've been 8.4.3.
    Ham reduces special damage by 50% at max nonsense, but still we take 50% of opponent special damage I wonder how we survived.
  • Options

I used Onslaught and Shocker. For apoc u just gotta believe in the heart of the cards and spam dex on his sp1; 60% of the time, it works everytime.
    I used 6* awakened shuri, she can block unblockable specials. Yes apoc fight was slow with around 170 hits, but atleast I got a solo.
  • Options
    Just fought glykan,
    Don't make this mistake, Avoid Taking champs who have stun on special attacks. It will mess up with your rotation
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 881 ★★★★
    Anyone know some good options for the Flux dispersal/ Act of War path in 8.4.5.
    It's annoying as heck.
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 167
    Spiderman and spider-gwen are amazing for the mordo path on 8.4.2. Spiderman does all the fights except mordo very easily just parry 3 hit combo and repeat. The petrify stacks up super fast.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,449 ★★★★★
    Anyone have good options for the Mystic Disruption path in 8.4.6?
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,168 ★★★★★

Just fought glykan,
    Don't make this mistake, Avoid Taking champs who have stun on special attacks. It will mess up with your rotation

I did well with doom and hulk in phase 1 and 2. Struggle badly in phase 3 and that 1%. In phase 3 with 67% health left on Glykhan, hulk was able to stun lock and took it down to 1%.
  • Options
    zuffy said:

Just fought glykan,

I did well with doom and hulk in phase 1 and 2. Struggle badly in phase 3 and that 1%. In phase 3 with 67% health left on Glykhan, hulk was able to stun lock and took it down to 1%.
    Doom is one of the best counters with his great block prof. Kate really messed my run with her sp2 stun.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,168 ★★★★★

Anyone have good options for the Mystic Disruption path in 8.4.6?

I used doom and herc
  • Options
    DOCTAHHHDOOOMMMMMMDOCTAHHHDOOOMMMMMM Posts: 109
    Jack2634 said:

shangchi can cheese the whole 8.4 with relic fuel. mlllm(stun) -> mllm (unblock) -> heavy - > relic -> mlllm(stun)... infinite stun

How do you chain a relic after the heavy?
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 475 ★★★
    Done 8.4.1 > 8.4.4.

Go watch MCOC Noob on youtube, he got great guides for both easy path and exploration.

I enjoy this, just plain fun to play. Watch some youtube, think and conspire, execution...appreciate easy bosses so far, save health potions and revives for Glykhan 👻
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,175 ★★★★
    Always try to use a variety of champs (and NEVER Hercules). Have all my 8.4 paths posted for reference w/ timestamps to jump quickly to any fight if interested.

Link to the playlist: