Options

Who are people using to beat Kindred ???? I get wrecked.

Comments

• Options
    IceossusIceossus Posts: 4
    I know not everyone has her but Jessica Jones is psychic shield! Dex or just block SP1 and she works well!
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 51
    If there was a Threat Level 6 with commensurate rewards and every fight moved up a threat level, I think this would be reasonable.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 781 ★★★★
    dk cause I'm not doing this bs side quest
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim Posts: 39
    edited April 12
    Keltan said:

Just use Onslaught... Lucky you can restart if you fked up.. I used 3 revives on last 3 fights cos Kindred was below 5% % health smh 😭 only 4th run was solo ...cos used to it 😂😂

Just did almost exactly this. :) Two revives total for when Kindred got me when they were at 1% and 3%, then I managed two solos (the second was by the skin of my teeth!). 6r4s100A Onslaught with a one-hour green boost.

Combo Kindred to the corner and spaff SP1s in their face. Don't be afraid to push them to 3 bars, as they don't have SP3 unlocked. They'll happily toss their SP2 from quite a distance, then you jump in and whale on them, then they SP2, then you punish/SP1 etc.

After they say "a little closer" or something, make sure you save your relic charge for the root thingy, and ideally an SP as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    Yeah this fight is harder than any WOW fight other than absman.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited April 12

Is there an updated list of Reverse Control Champs ? I know robots are immune in this fight, and I know Proff X and Wiccan are immune…. Any other ones ?

Iron Heart. She's reverse control immune when she has armor up. Combos keep her armors up.

Check her out in this vid I made with her against reverse control champs.
    https://youtu.be/XynArftUOCk?si=A7YnVDVrvcqr9xzk
  • Options

It doesn’t matter if a use a reverse control champion or a robot, his degen kills me in 2 seconds…. And I do not have Juggernaut…. Help….

I haven't yet tried this fight. Who are you using?
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★
    Ham makes the fight really easy once you get used to the reversed controls
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 202 ★★
    Photon is doing very well. It's better to force Kindred to use SA2, you just need a few fights to be comfortable with reverse controls. Remember that his SA3 is blocked, so just be aggressive.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,096 ★★★★★
    As long as you're good with reverse controls, any normal kindy counters will work.ham does well for me.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    I have none of the champs that are good for him. My Red Hulk and units worked best lol
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I soloed 3 times with 7r2 Silk. 4th time it was 2 revives I think.
  • Options
    Raina_SixxRaina_Sixx Posts: 2
    Frustrated with this fight and I have a beefy Juggs taking care of reverse controls and even with him, it’s a nightmare to beat. I can’t see myself doing the 2 fights I have left, not worth it…
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Why are people using revives when you can just reset...
    Anyway KP worked fine
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 12
    I am an average player. I fought Kindred more than 30 times on my first entry. 4 times, I got him down to 1% and then got clapped into oblivion.

I was desperate not to use any revives or units. Eventually, I got the solo. On my second entry, I got the solo after 3-4 attempts.

I will tell you now that it’s an easy fight. Only because I know exactly what to do and when to do it.

Edit: I used Onslaught with an SP3-SP2 rotation.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

dee_jay5 said:

This kind of difficulty shouldn't be in side quests, not fun at all.

If the key was non-refundable I would agree. But since he's right there and costs very little energy, and you can practice as many times as you want, I don't consider this fight to be completely out of bounds. It is a significantly above average side quest boss, but any quest with only one fight and very little entry costs that you do not need to spend revives or potions on is not an unacceptable side quest fight in my opinion.

Even with my 40%-ish success rate against him, it still took less time and resources than many other side quest weekly tasks have taken.
    You're just simply wrong. Even with r3 7 stars, its still extremely likely he gets you with degen. The fight is poorly designed even if you have the right counters. Even with punishing special ones, not getting hit and trying to blow him up as fast as possible with my best champs, it's still near impossible to get a solo for the average player. It's not like he's difficult like WoW Dani, that was hard to dodge the special but by learning how to do it, you can solo her. Against this kindred, you can play perfect but he holds his special then degens you into next week. Terrible design. Terrible and pathetic way to increase difficulty and a downright scumbag way to rip at least 4 revives away from us.
    I guess I'm just unbelievably awesome then. Because I got all four kills in like fifteen minutes or so, and didn't use a single revive or health potion.

Or perhaps there are two other possibilities. One: the top tier side quest difficulty is not designed for average players to do easily. Two: you and your game design judgment skills are significantly below average.
    You may be a bit harsh on this one, DNA… There‘s no debating that this fight is harder than any other Threat Level 5 boss that I remember…

Is this a good thing? I don‘t know… Is anyone having more trouble with it than expected an „average player that may not be supposed to do threat level 5“? Certainly not…
    It is a far more difficult fight than the average side quest fight. But the fight difficulty in isolation is just one factor in judging the overall side quest difficulty. That one fight is basically alone on the map, and does not require significant energy to reach. You can practice on it over and over again at very little cost - a major factor in judging difficulty that was discussed during Winter of Woe. It is certainly annoying as heck. But is it the hardest side quest "thing" ever? I don't think so. I've seen random rifts way harder than that fight, especially when you cannot simply try it over and over again.

People often judge how difficult something is by how much resources a typical player would likely use to defeat it. If that is the metric, then this is not the hardest side quest content by a wide margin, because there have been many side quest maps where I was compelled to use revives or potions or both, because there was no choice. Here, while the difficulty of the fight is higher, the number of chances I have to do it itemless is also vastly higher. Far from being a revive sink, this is the opposite of a revive sink. It is content you literally do not need to spend revives on, even if you are not actually that good at the fight, because you're given the opportunity to a) get better with practice and b) just get lucky if you try often enough.

To me, that makes the actual net difficulty of that fight/map significantly lower than many other side quest challenges the game has thrown at the players in the past. I will always prefer hard fights that I get to try repeatedly over moderate fights I must get right the very first time, but beyond my personal preference I believe it is those kinds of fights that are better in the long run for even below average players. Not only do they get a chance to improve their skills with cheap practice, they also have a path to doing hard content with much less resources spent. In my experience, it isn't the ultra hard stuff that trips up lower skill players, it is surprise that hurts them the most: when they are confronted with something that they have never done before or are not particularly good at and they must do on--demand in one try. That's the stuff that starts sucking up resources by trapping them in bad situations you can only spend your way out of or give up entirely.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,998 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 So who do you think is the best counter?
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 478 ★★★
    edited April 13

Onslaught worked very well for me. Got all solo.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    first fight crushed with NIMGOD .. then the last 3 .. brought out the shiny new toy ... JUGGSTER. timing the relic and SP right and it was cake.
  • Options
    Iceossus said:

I know not everyone has her but Jessica Jones is psychic shield! Dex or just block SP1 and she works well!

Is that a "Psychic Shielding" node?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited April 13
    Crys23 said:

I soloed 3 times with 7r2 Silk. 4th time it was 2 revives I think.

This. r2 Silk worked wonders.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    I brought in the wrong counters and got creamed. So I backed out and quit. And I won't go back. Side quests shouldn't be like this.......
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,998 ★★★★
    The difficulty of this quest is reminding me of WoW Abs Man and the difficulty of that fight
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 193 ★★
    Tip: once the degen starts, if you heavy kindred, it expires twice as fast. You can just keep away from him until it expires fairly easily.

I think i tried 5 times with 7r2 warlock and just couldn't make it work, because you really want to push kindred to sp2 for easier punishing.

Then i switched to nimrod. I was able to get 4 solos with 6r4 ascended nimrod. Probably took me 8 tries total. No items. (And the only WoW solo I managed was Aegon.)
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 865 ★★★
    Robot or learn the stupid reverse controls.
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 472 ★★★
    I personally found the fight fun. I like a nice challenge. Nice way to learn to fight Kindred and to get used to reverse controls.

Notes: Way easier than WoW fights. No where near WoW Abs man. Just push him to sp2. Reverse Controls isn't as hard as u think . . . Relax a bit.

Fight rating: 4.5/5
    Difficulty: 3/5
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    soloed once with nimrod . and used 1 revives for other runs. dont want to waste my time try for a solo and then let the revives expired. lol
  • Options
    Oliver345781Oliver345781 Posts: 69
    I used kate. Always got a solo