Options

Adjustment to Relics Release Cadence

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    I just started Act 8.3 and the paths seem to be heavily enforcing relic use. Seems like an odd choice given that relics are still in "slowdown" last we heard. I'm also starting to build up 3-star relic shards and it's starting to not make sense to open any more because I have almost every 3-star relic duped. How about an option to trade in those shards for 4-star shards during this period of relics being on "pause?"
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,325 ★★★★

I just started Act 8.3 and the paths seem to be heavily enforcing relic use. Seems like an odd choice given that relics are still in "slowdown" last we heard. I'm also starting to build up 3-star relic shards and it's starting to not make sense to open any more because I have almost every 3-star relic duped. How about an option to trade in those shards for 4-star shards during this period of relics being on "pause?"

You know that more dupes = higher Sig for your Relics + 4* Shards for duping? It works exactly the same as it does for Champs. For example: 3* Venom Relic Sig 120

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 855 ★★★★
    edited October 2023

I think there's a lot they could still do with Relics.

For those people who buy the Sigil, a trade-in for 3* and 4* champion shards for relic shards wouldn't be a bad idea.

Plus, synergy relics. I hope that Kabam make these a thing because it would be a great addition. An Elektra relic for DDHK would do wonders for that champion. Synergy relics would help unlock abilities our champions already have but get rarely used because they depend on synergies.

Or even if they gave a boost to champions with a particular tag, like #Avengers and dumped class restrictions on binding. A Doc Ock relic that worked with the Sinister Six, or a Deadpool relic that did something for X-Force. Fluffy, relevant and awesome all at the same time.

The well isn't dry yet on the idea of relics. It just needs a shot in the arm.
  • Options
    TbonneTbonne Posts: 46
    @Kabam Miike any kind of update about relics
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Some sort of update would be nice. Even if it was as simple as giving us the date of a futute live stream that may have an update on the topic.

The "pause" thats in place is likely contributing to the hoarding behavior you actively discourage. I for example, have 16 full 5* relic crystals that I'm just sitting on, cause I have every 5* relic already, with most awakened, so there's not a massive benefit to opening the remaining ones until new relics are added to the pool.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 193 ★★
    Any update on relics? I'm another person sitting on a bunch of 3* relic shards because I'm waiting for more of them to be released.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    I still can't pull spidey 2099 above a 3 star so please still keep these on pause lmao
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Be great to get an update on this.
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★

Dupes give shards for higher tier might as well open them
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 345 ★★★
    we need more relics, there are many champions from many classes that still don't have relics that can be used in any way, especially techs and skill champions
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 721 ★★★
    mgj0630 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax @Kabam Crashed

Apologies for the necro, but this was the original thread, so I figured it made more sense to revive this one than to start a new one.

I know you guys prefer not to address topics if there's nothing to address, but the final statement from the original post said "Expect more news in the coming months."

It's been eight months now, with nothing but a very vague 30 seconds during a live stream, and even that reference was several months ago.

Is there anything at all you could share on the topic? Could we expect to see new relics released sometime this year? Should I just pop all these nexus crystals for the sigs and 6* relic shards?

Appreciate any update you can provide.

Thanks in advance.

I'm actually super happy to see this. I think relics were at first negatively looked upon by the community but I've personally always loved them and I'm saving for more! They've become an actual staple in the game and as our rosters grow we want/need more in order to make sure all our viable champs are equipped with what has essentially become an essential part of any kit. I love the specific ones ie rogue/gg synergies and I'd like to see more. If not could we at least begrudgingly get the ability to multi equip once each?
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 506 ★★★
    Would Kabam consider a community poll of sorts. Maybe one which would gauge excitement and desire for more? I am sure that it is a lengthy process to design them, but I can imagine that 1 or 2 more for each class would be well received.