Options

How do you beat this Thing?

ValrozValroz Posts: 187 ★★
50 attemps already, it just regens.

No idea how to beat it.

Makes the WoW Abs Man a walk in the park.

Really need to remove this magic thief / x magica modality
once and for all.

Comments

• Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 624 ★★★★
    Void
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 186 ★★
    If this is AW node 37, Wiccan works. Need to hit into his block to build prowess. Then hit him to place neutralize.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 693 ★★★★
    Diablo works well; it's not fun but manageable with him
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 190 ★★
    Even though she's not tactic, I bet Valkyrie would be fun to use there.. but to be safe I guess wiccan or void
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,079 ★★★
    I would usually use Black Cat, but since taking her out my deck this season, I usually just ban Thing.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,687 ★★★★★
    Void but guilly deathless works nick wont as hes not a tactic so hes just gonna keep getting indestructible and it wont be paused if u have a prowess as that only works with the attack tactic champs with it active
  • Options
    ValrozValroz Posts: 187 ★★
    Using Wiccan now but he is still gaining indestructible. Is the description another colossal oversight? LOLs

Funny why Kabam just wouldn’t accept how unfair this modality is.
  • Options
    GaudyGMoneyGaudyGMoney Posts: 26
    Valroz said:

Using Wiccan now but he is still gaining indestructible. Is the description another colossal oversight? LOLs

It says "passive" in the node. Wiccan prevents buffs, not passives. Neutralize is never going to stop the indestructible from triggering if you're not keeping your X-Magica prowesses up.
  • Options
    StarLordWho_1StarLordWho_1 Posts: 47
    Void is X Magica. He’s the best counter for that.
  • Options
    Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Posts: 56
    edited April 25
    Wiccan and void slays it.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 320 ★★
    Void, Wiccan are the best for him on this node. He is painful on this node I'd you don't have the regen counter.
  • Options
    MystGMystG Posts: 35
    edited April 25
    If you see a magic thief, use an x magica. There's no other easier way around imo.

P.S. need to manage the prowesses as well
    Some best options for 37: Void, Toad, Werewolf

Despair makes it much easier.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 311 ★★★
    Storm X can also do this fight with sp1 spam to keep up the coldsnap. Her sp1 also knocks him back a fair bit which makes the personal regeneration node manageable. With prowess, those sp1's can hit really hard, so build up to just under 2 bars of power and you can get them off back to back.

Void is definitely the go to counter for that node in this meta, but others mentioned (Toad, Wiccan, WBN, Dust) work fine too.
  • Options
    228228 Posts: 56
    Toad wrecks him
  • Options
    friendlyarffriendlyarf Posts: 7
    got my r5a thing here, love this placement
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,359 ★★★★
    Wiccan solo'd him for me, just need to parry/light into his block to get prowess
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,530 ★★★★★
    Believe it or not, Scarlet witch OG r4 Ascended sig200 works phenomenal this tactics.

Every hit she just nullify everything, gain random buffs, apply random debuffs, power locks, power steals, stuns, boom boom.
    And massive sp2

This is snack for her.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★
    edited April 25
    It's common placement.. Void is the most popular, but Wiccan, Toad, Deathless Guillotine and Claire can do it, etc. Diablo embarrassed him there last meta for example, but this meta using non-tagged is way more difficult to do successfully.. recommend selecting a tagged champ

Parry and hit block with lights (meta champ) to manage Indestructible (you can stack extra when you have the opportunity to be used as the fight goes on)

As for manually playing around the Personal Space node.. heavies work well to keep them away if you're not using healing mitigation
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,514 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Believe it or not, Scarlet witch OG r4 Ascended sig200 works phenomenal this tactics.

Every hit she just nullify everything, gain random buffs, apply random debuffs, power locks, power steals, stuns, boom boom.
    And massive sp2

This is snack for her.

What are you on man??? This is a terrible fight for scarlet witch lol. Nullify immune and his protection will negate that SP2 like it’s nothing
  • Options
    Void definitely is my favorite option there. When I had to take that mini and Void was banned, I was advised to use Claire Voyant and play it slow, try to prevent as many regents from popping up in the first place, and just looping SP3s when you have her max charges to get the most damage. You can get the power pretty quick from it from Thing’s bleed immunity. It’s slower, but it did work.
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 406 ★★★
    Valroz said:

You obviously don’t understand how to handle the tactic
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    Void, Toad and Wiccan can easily solo this fight. Literally easily
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 693 ★★★★
    Funny thing is shortly after replying to this post earlier, I joined war and saw that I had to do this exact fight. Ended at 100% health with Diablo
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,530 ★★★★★
    Maratox said:

PT_99 said:

And massive sp2

This is snack for her.

What are you on man??? This is a terrible fight for scarlet witch lol. Nullify immune and his protection will negate that SP2 like it’s nothing
    Tells a lot that I haven't used Scarlet witch against Thing yet, my bad 🤣
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,258 ★★★★★
    I use kushale ones was not to bad but need to mange ther prowess. To. And the unstoppable was a pain one too void probably the safety option
  • Options
    Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 339 ★★

Use paper, paper beat rocks

Anyway just a jokes, i used toad for thing in aw

I used dani moonstar
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★
    edited April 26

Funny thing is shortly after replying to this post earlier, I joined war and saw that I had to do this exact fight. Ended at 100% health with Diablo

Nice! I'm a huge Diablo fan.. I have an Ascended s200, I used him exclusively last meta for Thing (was easier to use non-tac champs for Crush imo.. just get the dexes down and you're good) but I've backed off of Diablo for meta fights this season, just to be cautious, but glad to hear he's still working out - I just think I'm hesitant to use non-tac champs for meta fights cause if it starts to go sideways (big stack of indestructible and you get cornered), it's extremely hard to recover control of the fight