Options

X-Magica Incursions Challenge Sector 7 - 20x Nightcrawler Runestones

MCOC TeamMCOC Team Posts: 522
edited May 8 in General Discussion

X- Magica Challenge Sector 7

May is here and we're adding a new Incursions challenge into the X-Magica Saga. We're introducing a new Sector that requires the use of Saga champions along with new and exclusive X-Magica Saga Rewards that can only be found in the Challenge Sector. Gladiator (Cosmic) and Kraven (Skill) will be showcased as the new Themed Zone bosses with Skill and Cosmic champions assisting them. We’re also adding three new Survival based Hacks that should help your champions go the distance. This quest will run for the last month of X-Magica but the themed Zone bosses will remain after the event ends. Once the event ends we will be returning the mode back to normal with 6 sectors with the updated Themed Zones as well as the new Hacks.

Event Dates

Incursions

• Ends:
    • Monday, May 6th, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC

X-Magica Saga Incursions

• Starts:
    • Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC
  • Ends: 
    • Wednesday, June 5th, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC

Incursions with Updates (Themed Zones & Survival Hacks)

• Resumes:
    • Friday, June 7th, 2024 @ 17:00 UTC

A New Challenge - A Saga Sector (Sector 7)

• The Difficulty, Scoring, and Milestone Gold rewards will match Sector 6.
  • There will be 25 Zones to complete.
  • The new Sector has limited access, only Saga tagged champions can be used.
    • Note: Non-Saga champions can’t be swapped into the Saga Sector by using a Champ Swap node.
  • The Saga Sector yields exclusive rewards. 
  • The first Themed Zone has some differences:
    • Two Boss Hack pickup Choice Nodes are placed in the first Zone.
    • The first Boss Hack pickup contains the 3 newly designed Survival based Hacks.
    • The second is a full pool of all 28 Boss Hacks. Due to the restrictiveness of the Saga Sector we are letting you choose from the entire pool to start your run so you can craft your run specially for the champions you’ve selected. 
  • We also added 2 extra Common Hack pickup locations to zones 13 & 14. This gives you a little extra power and agency to synergize them with your Boss Hacks or with your Roster.

Sector Access Changes

We are opening up access to all Sectors no matter your roster PI, the recommendations won’t affect your ability to access them.

Please note; This only lets you access different Sectors such as the Saga Sector, if you don’t meet the reward tier requirements for a Sector by having the required number of champions you won’t be eligible for Top Zone rewards when playing on it. Below are the Champion requirements for each tier of rewards.

Sector Reward Tier Requirements:

• Tier 1 = 25 > 6-Star champions
  • Tier 2 = 16 > 6-Star Champions
  • Tier 3 = 8 > 6-Star Champions
  • Tier 4 = 8 > 5-Star Champions
  • Tier 5 = 16 > 4-Star Champions
  • Tier 6 = 8 > 4-Star Champions
  • Tier 7 = No requirement

You can find this info in game by tapping on the “View Rewards” button then select “Milestone Rewards” and “View All”

Your Tier will determine what Top Zone rewards you can obtain. You are only eligible for three reward tiers at one time. For example if you are in the Tier 1 bracket you are eligible for rewards from Sectors 5-7. To view this info tap on the same View Rewards” button, you will be taken to the Top Zone rewards page. Tap between each tier to see what Sectors Top Zone rewards you are eligible for. Greyed out rewards mean you aren’t eligible for them.

Champion Refreshes

• All champions will have a 5 min cooldown timer. This will return to the original timers after the Saga event ends.

Map Changes - All Sectors

• For the first Zone in all Sectors, including the Saga Sector we have moved the Champ Swap Choice Node to after the Boss Hack. This gives you more control to stack a favorable matchup of your random Boss Hack with your roster.

Themed Zones - All Sectors

Themed Zones will showcase new Bosses and defending champion pools.

• The new bosses will be: Gladiator (Cosmic) and Kraven (Skill). These bosses will stay after the Saga event ends until the next Saga update.
  • The Defending champion pools will showcase the entirety of the Cosmic & Skill rosters minus the cut list of defenders, a total of 93 champions.

Content Updates

New Hacks

A new set of Defensive Survival Hacks and Supporting common Hacks have been designed. You will find these Hacks added to the Boss and Common Hack pools.

Hack Updates

• We’ve updated some of our existing Hacks to reference Effects which let them synergize with Passive Effects instead of only Debuffs and Buffs so you can pair them up with more champions.
  • The Boss Hack; Poisonous Truth was tuned up to last for an additional 2 seconds. It now lasts for 10 seconds total.

Rewards

Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    Zephyre33Zephyre33 Posts: 132
    total titan shards ?
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,399 ★★★★★

Do we have 5 min refresh time for this event?

Yes
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,838 ★★★★★

A full t4 alfa is amazing

It is but there's no way I'm reaching it with my meager incursions abilities especially without a Hercules.

But it's cool that it's there!
    Unitman ftw!
  • Options
    Blax999Blax999 Posts: 64
    Bullseye with Hemostatic Charge is about to be clutch
  • Options
    MrNonameMrNoname Posts: 22
    What is a so called saga tagged champs?
    Both X-Magica and Magic thief? I thought this event is about X-Magica and Magic thief similar to AW and BGs.

Or Saga attacker and Saga defender?

For example, Dust is X-Magica but she is not Saga attacker. Can I use her then?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,341 ★★★★★
    Cure2024 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Edit/Update: Bullseye, Serpent and Silver Sable have been moved to the "cut list" to reduce potential pain points in the mode.

why this is not orange color?
    Miike had the same problem yesterday. The game bugs are leaking into the forums
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,057 ★★★
    Sunspot isn’t on the saga attackers list. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,057 ★★★
    edited May 3
    Nevermind
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,318 ★★★★
    edited May 3
    Well, good to know I don’t need to push to reach GC this season to get Nightcrawler runes, as I’m not gonna be able to complete the Incursion part of it. Oh well, I’ll just convert what runes I have to 7 star shards when trade in is available
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,341 ★★★★★
    rwhack said:

Nevermind

Where does it say or imply this
  • Options
    FatalEndFatalEnd Posts: 59
    This sounds interesting. It might not be perfect, and I will probably not go past zone 10. But, it's still better than nothing. Those Titan shards for me are nothing to sneeze at.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,319 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Edit/Update: Bullseye, Serpent and Silver Sable have been moved to the "cut list" to reduce potential pain points in the mode.

Orange test ?
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

@Kabam Miike
    Cool to see that there's another Incursion Event. Can you update community on the compensation that was discussed back in February for the Incursion bug that caused the black screen for everyone?

Joe Biden voice: Will you shut up man?
    Who or what are you?
    And nah, I won't. Excuse me for attempting to holding a company accountable for lack of communication on an issue from three months ago. If you don't feel they should, that's on you. Enjoy your day.
    There never promised any compensation you lack of understanding explore it does not mean it would happen
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,178 ★★★★
    @Kabam Jax With the "Sector Access Changes" - is Sector 7 just extra...? Normally I have access to obtain rewards in Sector 4/5/6.

Will I be able to obtain rewards in 4/5/6 AND 7...? Or will it be shifted & just 5/6/7?

Thanks 🤘🏼
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★
    So if I understand this correctly: You must enter with #Saga champions but can swap them out with non-Saga champions?
  • Options
    acessentialacessential Posts: 6
    Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

@Kabam Miike
    Cool to see that there's another Incursion Event. Can you update community on the compensation that was discussed back in February for the Incursion bug that caused the black screen for everyone?

Who or what are you?
    And nah, I won't. Excuse me for attempting to holding a company accountable for lack of communication on an issue from three months ago. If you don't feel they should, that's on you. Enjoy your day.
    There never promised any compensation you lack of understanding explore it does not mean it would happen
    Of course they didn't promise, but at least follow up with the community. Is that too much to ask for?
  • Options
    Chikel said:

So if I understand this correctly: You must enter with #Saga champions but can swap them out with non-Saga champions?

no u can’t change to a non saga

• Options

Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

@Kabam Miike

Who or what are you?
    Of course they didn't promise, but at least follow up with the community. Is that too much to ask for?
    well no but in one of your offers post u said promise

• Options
    acessentialacessential Posts: 6
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

ahmynuts said:

@Kabam Miike

Who or what are you?
    well no but in one of your offers post u said promise

Where did I say promise in my original post? The only time I used that word was in response to you