**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Awakening Gem: Voodoo or Archangel?

Reformation_RyanReformation_Ryan Posts: 60
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Looking for some feedback from the community on who is a better awakening and 5* r4 champ to have.

5* Awakening Gem: Voodoo or Archangel? 115 votes

Voodoo
43% 50 votes
Archangel
51% 59 votes
Hold
5% 6 votes

Comments

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Is this a question or statement? I feel like its a statement
  • @colbyscipio987 it’s a generic 5* awakening gem. Would you use that gem on AA or Voodoo?

It’s a question..thus the poll
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    @colbyscipio987 it’s a generic 5* awakening gem. Would you use that gem on AA or Voodoo?

It’s a question..thus the poll

(was being sarcasm)
  • My bad @colbyscipio987. I’m slow today...

Any reasoning is appreciated y’all!
  • ROL is done. Act 5 100%. So basically the use of my next few rank ups will be first pass on LoL and/or AW offense.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    I just generic gem-awakened my 4/55 voodoo, after a long year of waiting. He improves so much when awakened, and he can power-control poison immune champions which can’t be killed by his massive poison damage. Archangel is awesome, no doubt, but his massive damage is there also when not awakened, and the necessity of both poison and bleed vulnerability strongly limits his usefulness. A 5/50 one is enough for most stuff, while a 4/55 or 5/65 voodoo can carry you a loooong way
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    edited January 2018
    I might lean towards DV myself. he regens, power controls (3rd best in game in my opinion), he can do a **** ton of damage with poisons. DV requires alot more skill than AA though
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    AA only
    Voodoo can't do much damage
    But AA.swipes opponents in seconds and with awakening he totally shut up the regen
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    That's a tough one but I'm gonna say Voodoo.

Between the two, AA needs an awakening gem much more than Voodoo, but AA is limited in his uses. If he can't poison and bleed an immune he's mediocre.

While Voodoo is still good unduped, he benefits from a gem a lot and he'll take you further in the game overall than AA. Voodoo is a swiss army knife. Regen, nullify, poison, power control, reduce ability accuracy. AA is brutally good in what he does, but if he can't do it he sucks.

Go with Voodoo.
  • You.. Have AA and DV?? Fu***n luck.. I'm the only who got only trash by 5*?!

However.. I think DV
  • @BrotherVo I’ve pulled 25 5* crystals now so I’d hope to have something decent by now!

Basically I have x23, Dr Voodoo, AA, and Angela all unduped. Everything else is trash and I’m 0 for 5 on featured :(
  • @Reformation_Ryan i'm 0/7 on featured. I've opened 33 5* and i never found/duped a top champs. I've found and duped magik before her update (she was really ****). And i have to use tech gem on star lord. All here, the other champs are trash
  • TurbulentUrFaceTurbulentUrFace Posts: 311
    If you're doing LOL then I think AA is more useful. He's good for ending fights quickly and his ability accuracy reduction is nice
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    If you're doing LOL then I think AA is more useful. He's good for ending fights quickly and his ability accuracy reduction is nice

yup

aa more useful in lol
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    #SAVEFORBLADE
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Out of the two....doctor voodoo literally needs it.

I say voodoo, archangel can still do insane damage without, but LOL wise, a duped AA would help for LOL spidey, x23, even miles a lot and of course maestro.

So for LOL 100% you want AA, for everything else in game you want DV. They both do good for everything, it's just AA has a bigger weakness than DV. If the enemy is immune to either poison or bleed (or both)...he's almost useless. While dv has power control and a nice amount of damage he can do if they're poison immune. Plus the regen.

It's a preference, AA would definitely help for LOL more on those pesky enemies in there for sure. Just has lower prestige than voodoo.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Bear in mind that a 5* AA needs a LOT of sig stones to bring up his ability accuracy reduction to 33.33% (after which you stop all abilities at 3 nerotoxins instead of needing 4). Even at sig100 he is below 33% (though he is pretty close at 32.5%). DV only needs sig1 to be effective. All you get from higher sigs is a higher healing, slightly longer power burn buffs (which isn't really required. You always reach 2 bars again before the buffs expire) and higher parry stun, poison and power drain debuff durations (during odd combo specials, which most normally avoid)—and all of these aren't really required