**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

WHY JUST WHY [Spoiler for Age of Sentry event]

2»

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    The most bare bones, stripped down version of The Collector possible. Let's not get up in arms without even giving it a shot everybody.

Uncollected Difficulty will definitely mean fighting him is no walk in the park, but before we overreact, remember that this mode is meant to be hard, but he's nowhere near where he was in 5.2

He not Thah hard But. Adujums he SP so we alest. Hav. A cange to evade the SP.

Bu, can. Tuh. Spek ratinal eglish, ca rilli undestan ya ¿?

Okay Hej med dig. Next time aks me wher im com from. Im not. The Best to english

You could proofread your post though, it would make a big difference already. Sometimes almost all the . and capitals are in the right space and it reads a lot easier. Sometimes there’s trouble with your spacing, capitals, random points on top of all the spelling mitakes and it’s just a pain to figure out what you mean. Makes me consider blocking you a lot, which whould be a shame cause what you say isn’t annoying, but the puzzle to read it is.

I’ve seen enough of your posts to know that half the time it’s laziness on your part, please proofread before you press send.

it's not his/her fault. he/she's a sweden person. not all is able to learn english for some reason.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Cable wrote: »
    The most bare bones, stripped down version of The Collector possible. Let's not get up in arms without even giving it a shot everybody.

Uncollected Difficulty will definitely mean fighting him is no walk in the park, but before we overreact, remember that this mode is meant to be hard, but he's nowhere near where he was in 5.2

That may in fact be the case Miike but that being said there is still unavoidable damage which quite frankly is BS. The developers instead of being creative to make content actually challenging they instead make it so players are forced to use items regardless how well they play. Money grab tactic is all it really is plain and simple.

Is "unavoidable damage" the buzzword for the butthurt this week? Frankly the Collector fight in Uncollected 1.2 was pretty easy compared to Collector 5.2.6. I one shot 1.2. This Collector fight is not a hard fight. If you find it difficult, you are playing above your ability level. 1.2 Collector doesn't have bane or half the other nodes as he did in 5.2.6. Beat heroic and master level because they are even more of an easy fight.
  • Joe_deertay86Joe_deertay86 Posts: 22

I just finished uncollected and he honestly wasn’t bad
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Ah, the stereotypical, random personal dig. Care to have an actual debate and present points that counter my statement, or are you just going to play that card as if it hasn't been played before?
    xNig wrote: »
    X_Scott wrote: »

Yeah I was worried but he's fine. So why is he soooo absurdly crazy in act 5?

Given the fact that he's the 5.2 Boss and it's necessary to beat him to become Uncollected, it makes sense.

Only someone who has not become uncollected would say something like this

I agree with GW though. It’s a gear check so to speak

Ok then how exactly so you determine what is "meant to be hard" or over the top money pit, with skill you can do it for less but it will cost you. Having a pay wall is not hard it's stupid.

How am I going to have a debate with you about beating the collector an how he compares to hard or uncalled for when only one of us has done it. Now ultron in 5.4 was hard but the collector was bs

Of course it was BS. But was that way on purpose. What you get in return is better than any prev act rewards. You dont HAVE to spend money. Stock up on pots and revives and grind arena for units. Will that take long to complete? Of course, but you dont have to spend money to beat the Collector. Act 5 WAS meant to be hard. They didnt say it would be easy. Its game progression. A

No bs is bs, just cos you get uncollected rewards after doesn't justify the level of bs that was involved in the collector. Hard an a challenge is great an welcome, I loved 5.2 in until the collector fight. Bane was a nice challenge an it took timing an skill for it to being the story quest. 5.4 was even more fun to play.

Spend doesn't just mean money, it also means spending units, items an other resources

@Jaffacaked what is it you want them to do? Make every fight a cakewalk so you never have to use resources and still expect the same rewards? My first fight with the Collector I spent a **** ton of revives, pots and boosts. I am 2 paths away from 100% on 5.2. The last fight I just did with him was only 5 single revives. Just like any other champ, you just have to learn to play differently. Not every fight is the same. Do I agree that some content is pointed at trying to get people to spend money, absolutely. Do I understand that I don't HAVE to spend money if I wanted to, 100% yes. This game is still run by a FOR-PROFIT business. Yes they want you to spend money but they have also given us ways to get rewards that don't make us spend money either. Its how game economics work. Sorry that you can't see it.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Fighting the Collector in the Uncollected event was a cake walk. One and done. Give it a shot first.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    roberto94 wrote: »
    i dont see any problem to encounter him. for those that have a high signature level of original daredevil can make the fight a bit easy but still need to be prepared and ready for the hits. i havent started the uncollected quest, but based on this i think Original daredevil would be the answer (for those that have him)

Or Stark Spidey. My 5* evaded him like a politician with the truth lol. Boy I can see his 4* arena cutoff going up ever so much now...

Agreed! I pulled him from a basic right after maintenance, couldn't have been happier
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Ah, the stereotypical, random personal dig. Care to have an actual debate and present points that counter my statement, or are you just going to play that card as if it hasn't been played before?
    xNig wrote: »
    X_Scott wrote: »

Yeah I was worried but he's fine. So why is he soooo absurdly crazy in act 5?

Given the fact that he's the 5.2 Boss and it's necessary to beat him to become Uncollected, it makes sense.

Only someone who has not become uncollected would say something like this

I agree with GW though. It’s a gear check so to speak

Ok then how exactly so you determine what is "meant to be hard" or over the top money pit, with skill you can do it for less but it will cost you. Having a pay wall is not hard it's stupid.

How am I going to have a debate with you about beating the collector an how he compares to hard or uncalled for when only one of us has done it. Now ultron in 5.4 was hard but the collector was bs

Of course it was BS. But was that way on purpose. What you get in return is better than any prev act rewards. You dont HAVE to spend money. Stock up on pots and revives and grind arena for units. Will that take long to complete? Of course, but you dont have to spend money to beat the Collector. Act 5 WAS meant to be hard. They didnt say it would be easy. Its game progression. A

No bs is bs, just cos you get uncollected rewards after doesn't justify the level of bs that was involved in the collector. Hard an a challenge is great an welcome, I loved 5.2 in until the collector fight. Bane was a nice challenge an it took timing an skill for it to being the story quest. 5.4 was even more fun to play.

Spend doesn't just mean money, it also means spending units, items an other resources

@Jaffacaked what is it you want them to do? Make every fight a cakewalk so you never have to use resources and still expect the same rewards? My first fight with the Collector I spent a **** ton of revives, pots and boosts. I am 2 paths away from 100% on 5.2. The last fight I just did with him was only 5 single revives. Just like any other champ, you just have to learn to play differently. Not every fight is the same. Do I agree that some content is pointed at trying to get people to spend money, absolutely. Do I understand that I don't HAVE to spend money if I wanted to, 100% yes. This game is still run by a FOR-PROFIT business. Yes they want you to spend money but they have also given us ways to get rewards that don't make us spend money either. Its how game economics work. Sorry that you can't see it.

No don't want fights to be easy, i like difficulty an love a challenge an have done everything in this game 100% apart from LOL which I've only done 1 run an saving for my next. The collector in 5.2 was so unlike anything else that it actually lost the balance between hard an stupid.
    No don't want fights to be easy, i like difficulty an love a challenge an have done everything in this game 100% apart from LOL which I've only done 1 run an saving for my next. The collector in 5.2 was so unlike anything else that it actually lost the balance between hard an stupid.[/quote]
    @Jaffacaked not much else to say on that. It was stupid hard. very much agreed. But I think that 5.3 and 5.4 made up for it in difficulty. Those are much easier fights. Its give and take. Part of what they do.
  • LiquidButtLiquidButt Posts: 135
    edited January 2018
    Always 2 guarantees on these forums...people complaining about difficult content meant to be difficult and Grounded Wisdom getting into an internet argument with multiple people per thread. So much lulz...my entertainment for the day
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    As unbelievable as it sounds, The Collector was the easiest boss in this month's EQ. lol.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,125 ★★★★★
    Alpha07 wrote: »
    As unbelievable as it sounds, The Collector was the easiest boss in this month's EQ. lol.
    And Thor.
  • FineFine Posts: 78
    LOL, I was super excited to see him there! I LOVE it when we actually get challenged. Unfortunately he was really easy but he's so rare that its just fun to fight him. Void isn't easy but with a little skill, he goes down quick. Keep up the good work Kabam, I'm having a great time!
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    roberto94 wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »

He not Thah hard But. Adujums he SP so we alest. Hav. A cange to evade the SP.

Bu, can. Tuh. Spek ratinal eglish, ca rilli undestan ya ¿?

Okay Hej med dig. Next time aks me wher im com from. Im not. The Best to english

You could proofread your post though, it would make a big difference already. Sometimes almost all the . and capitals are in the right space and it reads a lot easier. Sometimes there’s trouble with your spacing, capitals, random points on top of all the spelling mitakes and it’s just a pain to figure out what you mean. Makes me consider blocking you a lot, which whould be a shame cause what you say isn’t annoying, but the puzzle to read it is.

I’ve seen enough of your posts to know that half the time it’s laziness on your part, please proofread before you press send.

it's not his/her fault. he/she's a sweden person. not all is able to learn english for some reason.

I didn’t say he/she needed to learn better english. I have no problem with the spelling mistakes and weird order of words. I understand not everybody learn english. However, it’s the use of interpunction that’s all messed up in Gamer his case. He uses a lot of points when the sentances isn’t finished yet. A lot of typos, forgotten spaces and random capitals. This doesn’t have anything to do with english, but with basic writing.

Up until just now I thought he might be from a country that didn’t use the alphabet or writes from right to left or something like German where lots of words get a capital in the middle of a sentance. Something that would explain the way he types. If he’s indeed from Sweden he should really proofread his messages even more. Not to check for spelling mistakes because obviously he’s not great in English, which is completely fine, but to check his interpunction to make it easier to read.

I can personally get through what he says most of the time, but he never get’s taken seriously and it’s a shame because he says good, usefull things. I just made a lot of spelling mistakes in my post, but the way I end a sentance with a point, start one with a capital and start a new paragraph when I’m typing a lot makes it a whole lot easier to read. It really helps and has nothing to do with how good I am at English. I just typed “noth8ng” instead of “nothing” and went back to correct that. If Gamer would maybe consider doing that in his one line posts from time to time, it would help already. It’s not lack knowledge of the English language, it’s laziness.

This post probably violates some forum rules and although I feel it’s pretty constructive, I wouldn’t be surprised if it got deleted. @Gamer please read this and take into considerations. I’m not trying to be mean, I’m trying to be helpfull.
    @Hubris_hater am I still being polite here?