**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The reason behind the lack of an update?

I’m just curious mostly as to why the update itself wasn’t put through the AppStore itself. Is it because the tos with apple? Just curious is all.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    No. They did the same last year.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    I’m just curious mostly as to why the update itself wasn’t put through the AppStore itself. Is it because the tos with apple? Just curious is all.
    They do this a lot. Event Quests are planned out months in advance. So instead of doing tons of smaller updates. They put game content in with larger updates. This is how Truccos gets their info sooner than everyone. They data mine the files and get the info that is coded. There doesn't always need to be an update with content release. It's just hidden until needed. The MODOK quest is actually still part of the game. It will be removed with the next update.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    It was more common for them to do this prior to 12.0 which caused a lot of issues. I think the monthly version updates have partially been to fix a lot of the mess that created. And yes, they still have a lot more to fix too.
  • NamronstrykerNamronstryker Posts: 25
    I see I guess I’m just used to the weekly maintenance I had when I used to play ffxiv even though I’ve played mcoc for a year now so I grew accustomed to maintenance and patch downloads
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Moving this to General since it's not a bug.
  • xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37
    they were enjoing holidays on december and did all the work early
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Moving this to General since it's not a bug.
    I disagree about not being a bug! You said 2 months ago the next update in January would fix the IPhone X issue. It's not been fixed and now your saying no update. If something happens where Kabam losses money it's instantly fixed. But when players literally lose money it's no big deal! Every single iPhone X player has been having to spend units in order to do AW and AQ because of the massive bugs during fights! I have all the screen shots of you and mike saying this issue would be solved now it's not! I'm contacting iTunes support and demanding a refund for the con that is going on! Anyone else with this issue do the same thing. It's in the forums in multiple threads about it being fixed by January and now they are not even having a update!

It's 4 days into January... maybe calm down a bit. You think that its possible they haven't pinpointed the problem yet? So quick to jump to "kabam is out to get us".
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    They didn't post an update because 5.4 just released and an update can affect the legends program
    That's why they holding the update because legend runs can go up till mid January imo
  • FabiFabi Posts: 64
    No Update = no new Bugs

Im happy with that
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    They didn't release one last year either. It's all in the same Build. If I had to venture a guess, I would say because it's a holiday time.