**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Force Quit in War [under investigation]

Comments

• Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★

This is definitely eing looked at, hopefully they find a way to penalize the abusers.

it's tricky situation because how will they compensate teams who lost? i don't think kabam's ever given points after the fact to teams who got cheated, either from the misuse of bugs like this or straight up piloting/modding.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,490 ★★★★★
    Saw a post on Reddit this morning that the force quit exploit was finally patched in solo modes. This must be an unintended impact of that fix.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★

Saw a post on Reddit this morning that the force quit exploit was finally patched in solo modes. This must be an unintended impact of that fix.

I can confirm that it was working last night (EST) in incursions and that it stopped working there sometime this morning
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,290 Guardian
    While at least one other brand new thread about this today was already Merged into here.
    But below is the other thread from last night discussing it (just FYI), not merged (yet).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367450/war-bug-cancel-the-season#latest

Still confused by @Rohtaga trying to dispute this and say that it was not actually identifying a new bug, because their particular case had already lost all the Attack Bonus for one case of what people were saying about this.
    When it was clearly being mentioned by others here and there that this could bypass losing Bonus.
  • Options
    MimboMimbo Posts: 13
    edited May 13

While at least one other brand new thread about this today was already Merged into here.
    But below is the other thread from last night discussing it (just FYI), not merged (yet).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/367450/war-bug-cancel-the-season#latest

Still confused by @Rohtaga trying to dispute this and say that it was not actually identifying a new bug, because their particular case had already lost all the Attack Bonus for one case of what people were saying about this.
    When it was clearly being mentioned by others here and there that this could bypass losing Bonus.

The initial post came across (to our alliance at least) as us being accused of cheating. But the exact images that were shared displayed what appears to be a sync issue more so than a demonstration of the bug that is being discussed.
  • Options
    BloodyCrueltyBloodyCruelty Posts: 64
    Yo this is not cool. I played incursions without knowing this. Today Iam reading that everybody cheesed through incursions because of that bug. I played against a defender today and got kicked out of the game. I logged in again and saw that my champ had 100% health. I was very happy but I thought, that this would be a kill anyway. I tried again and died, rage quitted and there was 100% health again. First I didn't care because the opponent just had 145 defenders [+16 deaths because of new diversity so it is clearly a win] but now Iam afraid of a ban.
  • Options
    ErdockatErdockat Posts: 4

My Post was Merged and I made it because I actively know of 4 alliances, 2 of which 100% are utilising, This exploit within the top 15 alliances in War... With the current standing of the top spots this exploit could completely screw over legitimate alliances and possibly even podium alliances...
  • Options

Yo this is not cool. I played incursions without knowing this. Today Iam reading that everybody cheesed through incursions because of that bug. I played against a defender today and got kicked out of the game. I logged in again and saw that my champ had 100% health. I was very happy but I thought, that this would be a kill anyway. I tried again and died, rage quitted and there was 100% health again. First I didn't care because the opponent just had 145 defenders [+16 deaths because of new diversity so it is clearly a win] but now Iam afraid of a ban.

This is almost exactly how i found out about it 💀💀💀
  • Options
    BloodyCrueltyBloodyCruelty Posts: 64
    @ahmynuts Iam really angry right now because I have built an account that I want to use for playing on masters. I can not do that with a ban.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    war has so many moving parts. all it takes is one bug that starts a cascade ending in either major compensation or a cancelled season.

what's the fix on something like this?
  • Options
    edited May 13
    zuffy said:

I will be pissed if last 2 and current war don’t count. That is 3 wins for us. Didn’t even know a bug exist.

Prepare a new set of pants. Maybe 3 if you need one per war and are going to go in bursts
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 212 ★★
    Rohtaga said:

I hate that I have to dive so deep into semantics here, but again, in this type of situation, I’ll gladly die on the hill of defending my honor, and that of our members.

First, I never said that this thread didn’t identify a new bug. I said it didn’t DETAIL a new bug. And it doesn’t. Instead it says “I’ve heard this is happening, and look, this doesn’t add up. Maybe they’re related.”

A few points. I think we’ve seen sufficient data to conclude that the bug in question exists. We are not aware of a single one of our member having a crash of any kind in war 5. If Kabam has data demonstrating any kind of exploitation, we’d appreciate knowing who, and we will take action.

This thread is in a weird spot for our officers. It’s how we first learned this bug was a thing, and it’s a very important thread because this bug is game breaking and needs to be highlighted and addressed. At the same time, this thread more or less slanders our alliance, and with all the effort we put into running our alliance, that’s quite disheartening. Ideally, part of Kabam’s investigation would be to either identify a problem with one of our members (so we can address it), or to exonerate our alliance.

The past two seasons have been frustrating for everyone. It’s been especially brutal for us. We’ve had awful matchups, all kinds of family emergencies, and this current war is at least the fifth time we’ve matched onto the harder Elite map while only earning t2 points. But you know, that’s part of the game.

People can believe what they want. But don’t slander our members. As I said above, I’m glad the bug came to light because it needs to be addressed. I’m just incredibly annoyed that the primary discussion around it falsely suggests that we cheated. Crucify away.
    I’ll leave that to the others; let’s get down to business, though. Who’d you use to solo KM on stunning reflection?
  • Options
    RohtagaRohtaga Posts: 51
    Dust
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 475 ★★★
    Skyfaw said:

Scottryan said:

Any update? Whats the plan here fellas

Tiktoc has ruined your brain. How you gonna repost the same thing 3 hrs later?
    cuz this is a very big deal and they have said basically nothing
  • Options
    Scottryan said:

Skyfaw said:

Scottryan said:

Correction, they have said basically nothing after working hours
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 475 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Scottryan said:

Skyfaw said:

Scottryan said:

They didn't say anything during working hours either so what's the difference
  • Options
    Scottryan said:

ahmynuts said:

Scottryan said:

Skyfaw said:

Scottryan said:

They did. They said they were actively investigating and when they had more info they'd drop it here. By the end of the working day i assume there was nothing concrete they could tell us other than "we're still working on it" and are going to circle back tomorrow (a classic maneuver for anyone in the tech field)
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,974 ★★★★★
    This War and the last, managed to 100% map. 🔥

It will be cancelled?
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 66

This War and the last, managed to 100% map. 🔥

It will be cancelled?

They will let us know next week or before last war of the season
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 66
    Mimbo said:

Kabam Jax said:

ahmynuts said:

Scottryan said:

ahmynuts said:

Scottryan said:

Skyfaw said:

Scottryan said:

They did. They said they were actively investigating and when they had more info they'd drop it here. By the end of the working day i assume there was nothing concrete they could tell us other than "we're still working on it" and are going to circle back tomorrow (a classic maneuver for anyone in the tech field)
    This guy gets it.
    So u planing to resolve this problem as usually? U will investigate it for few days with No info for us then „fix” something on friday which give us new bugs and leave us with it for whole weekend. Then back to work on monday to make new investigation for 3-4 days… Sorry Jax but kabam treat us like that for way too long and its not ok
    It’s also not okay to snap at a community manager like that. Typically, community mangers are front facing guys, they aren’t the ones diving into the weeds of the lines of code to determine what’s going on. Jax isn’t at fault. He takes the heat because of his community facing position, but he’s doing the best he can when his job is to act as a liaison between the development team and the community.

No team would be happy that fixes have propagated more bugs/issues on days they aren’t scheduled to work. No one wants that for anything they work on nor for their Monday to be met with a high severity ticket. It takes time to parse through the data and code. Personally, I’d rather the team take their time and provide us with an accurate report and update on how things will be impacted. Remember, this is potentially a very complex situation that could impact the entire season. They don’t want to be rash making a post just to get info out there.
    Did i blame Jax personaly? No! I just write how the whole company works. If u want to wait for another week of „investigation” its ok but they treat it like that wayyyyyyy too long. Im sure we will play atleast next 3 wars No matter if they fix it or not
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Mimbo said:

Kabam Jax said:

ahmynuts said:

Scottryan said:

ahmynuts said:

Scottryan said:

Skyfaw said:

Scottryan said:

This guy gets it.
    So u planing to resolve this problem as usually? U will investigate it for few days with No info for us then „fix” something on friday which give us new bugs and leave us with it for whole weekend. Then back to work on monday to make new investigation for 3-4 days… Sorry Jax but kabam treat us like that for way too long and its not ok
    It’s also not okay to snap at a community manager like that. Typically, community mangers are front facing guys, they aren’t the ones diving into the weeds of the lines of code to determine what’s going on. Jax isn’t at fault. He takes the heat because of his community facing position, but he’s doing the best he can when his job is to act as a liaison between the development team and the community.

No team would be happy that fixes have propagated more bugs/issues on days they aren’t scheduled to work. No one wants that for anything they work on nor for their Monday to be met with a high severity ticket. It takes time to parse through the data and code. Personally, I’d rather the team take their time and provide us with an accurate report and update on how things will be impacted. Remember, this is potentially a very complex situation that could impact the entire season. They don’t want to be rash making a post just to get info out there.
    Being rational and understanding isn't really what we do here.

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    Bug happened all the time it unfortunately but be understanding would help more o do think the bug has ben fixed.
This discussion has been closed.