Options

7* Hawkeye

Logan00Logan00 Posts: 588 ★★★
Just pulled him and watched some videos that rate him not that bad, but really, I have him at Rank 1 with a 5* duped BP relic and it takes 3.48 min to take down WS in Rol, am I missing something? The duped? If it needs synergy to make a decent damage then is BG worthless

Comments

• Options
    yossyoss Posts: 29
    If he's unduped use sp3 and try to hit the perfect bonus.
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 588 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

He's just bad man, stop it. There can't be any sugarcoat on Hawkeye, he's just not the 7* anyone will ever get joy of opening.

Maybe he will get tuned in future.

Thanks , I totally agree with you
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,540 ★★★★
    He needs the dupe for damage. Once he’s duped however, bro’s very good
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 808 ★★★
    I'd say Hawkeye's not bad. If he's duped, the crit bleeds can be nice. He's one of my duped 7*, and if he's an early 7* in a smaller roster, he can def put in work.

In more developed rosters, I don't think there's much to recommend him over champs like NF, KB, Black Cat, Jabari, etc who can do more and have better damage.
  • Options
    yossyoss Posts: 29
    I used my unduped r1 7* HE for the Avengers carina challenge and he did well.
    Because he was in unduped to get access to good bleed damage I used sp3 only.
    If he's duped you can also use sp2.
    If you're asking if he can be useful for you it depends on your roster level.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,868 Guardian
    edited May 20

Ok ok I get that all of you love Hawkeye very much, and ofcourse the crit bleed after awakening is nice, but riddle me this...where tf do I use him apart from karatemikes's challenge??
    Go on put forth your list of places where he's good

BGs, don't have to deal with an AI that won't use specials if you never have to bait specials in the first place. That can save you over 30 seconds of time depending on the AI in and of itself. His slow also deals with evaders and those who go unstoppable. He is actually pretty decent there.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 956 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Ok ok I get that all of you love Hawkeye very much, and ofcourse the crit bleed after awakening is nice, but riddle me this...where tf do I use him apart from karatemikes's challenge??

BGs, don't have to deal with an AI that won't use specials if you never have to bait specials in the first place. That can save you over 30 seconds of time depending on the AI in and of itself. His slow also deals with evaders and those who go unstoppable. He is actually pretty decent there.
    R3 I assume?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

He's just bad man, stop it. There can't be any sugarcoat on Hawkeye, he's just not the 7* anyone will ever get joy of opening.

This is such a bad take, it's hilarious. Your takes are to the mcoc community what jamie oliver's recipes are to the egg fried rice lovers community
    Continue enjoying mediocrity.
    If something is bad, it's okay to call it bad, who knows Kabam might rework him.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 393 ★★★
    edited May 20
    PT_99 said:

007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

This is such a bad take, it's hilarious. Your takes are to the mcoc community what jamie oliver's recipes are to the egg fried rice lovers community
    If something is bad, it's okay to call it bad, who knows Kabam might rework him.
    1. He's been buffed and he's good. If your definition of mediocrity is a champ that's actually pretty good and can dish out really good damage then suit yourself.
    2. Its okay to call something bad only if it is bad. And hawkeye isn't bad. If you can't use him optimally, blame it on your skill. If you don't like playing him, call it preference. Hawkeye, objectively, isn't a bad champ.
  • Options
    edited May 20

There are literal abyss solos with him, but okay if you don't plan on doing abyss, he's still a very good questing champ. He's got utility and solid damage, so use him wherever you see fit. By your logic, Aegon would be one of the worst champs because he's almost useless in most pieces of content and the one type of content he does shine in now has better options.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 764 ★★★
    Like everyone has said, the dupe is essential for damage. That said his slow on heavy, easy access to power drain and synergies can be nice on some paths. Honestly if they turned all of his arrow synergies into a preflight or rotation like KB he’d be awesome. You’d have poison , rupture or bleed as choices of damage type and his Adamantium arrow as a choice for Thing or Korg. Just having those choices to get around immunities without having to change your questing team would go a long way to making him usable. They obviously have the tech and he has these options as synergies so it seems like it wouldn’t upset balance too much.
  • Options

007Bishop said:

There are literal abyss solos with him, but okay if you don't plan on doing abyss, he's still a very good questing champ. He's got utility and solid damage, so use him wherever you see fit. By your logic, Aegon would be one of the worst champs because he's almost useless in most pieces of content and the one type of content he does shine in now has better options.
    Sir abyss is EXPIRED content. Your logic is flawed because even if you consider Kate to be superior there's still a very high skill requirement for her and AEGON is still the king of Everest content due to the sheer relevance he has in this form of content.
    He's good because he's among the best if not the best at what he does.

Hawkeye is a NICHE champ that shines at times, you don't have to tell me that I know it. But he's not the Messiah you people are making him out to be.
    Ma'am please read again. I said its okay if you don't plan on completing Abyss anymore, but he's a very good champ nonetheless. He's not a "niche" champ. He's got utility that other champs do and its as easily accessible as his competitors. His damage is nothing to scoff at either. Aegon is a niche champ, hawkeye isn't. Hawkeye is very easily a general questing champ and he's just as effective in BGs
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,908 ★★★★★
    What value does Hawkeye provide though? Slow, there are like million better options, bleed? He needs dupe and still ain't the fastest or even top 10. Good in his class? There are like atleast 7-8 skill 7*s better than him.

The only utility he has that's worth mentioning is his power drain as a skill champ. Yes its reliable. Thats wht make him decent, just decent. thats it
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★

You don't think there are people out there who use champs they enjoy?
    This is what a lot of people are missing here, people who enjoy him will want to use him it's really that simple. People don't just use champs because they're good, at least not necessarily, and Hawkeye is far from being trash if he's awakened. Is he top 10? Hell nah, not even top 15, but he's not complete garbage so if someone enjoys using him, well, they can use him then he's really not that bad 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

1. He's been buffed and he's good. If your definition of mediocrity is a champ that's actually pretty good and can dish out really good damage then suit yourself.
    2. Its okay to call something bad only if it is bad. And hawkeye isn't bad. If you can't use him optimally, blame it on your skill. If you don't like playing him, call it preference. Hawkeye, objectively, isn't a bad champ.
    Tell us who you consider a bad champion.
    While you're at it, compare his participation buff with "actual" buff of Hulk, Russian Shield guy, Mister sinister.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    PT_99 said:

007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

Tell us who you consider a bad champion.
    While you're at it, compare his participation buff with "actual" buff of Hulk, Russian Shield guy, Mister sinister.
    A champ that quite literally provides no value and doesn't have damage to compensate for it either is a bad champ. The whole point of a buff is to make a once useless champ to someone that you can count on to get you out of a tricky situation or simply be useful in quests and other parts of the game and Hawkeye's buff serves that purpose. It is most certainly not on the level of Red guardian or hulk's buff (and nobody said it was so god knows why you care to bring the comparison into the conversation), but Hawkeye provides enough value as a champ for him to be considered "good". No one's saying he's at the top of his class and by any means is the best at what he does but if that were the case, 70% of the champs in this game would be redundant and y'all would complain about how stale the game is. He's a good champ for what he does and what he brings to the table and if u get to dupe him as a 7*, you should probably be happy. Unlike a lot of other champs, he's not an arena fodder but has actual use in a lot of content. This is something people would understand only if they looked past the regular 10 champs that are broken and tried playing with other champs.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 956 ★★★★
    007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

Sir abyss is EXPIRED content. Your logic is flawed because even if you consider Kate to be superior there's still a very high skill requirement for her and AEGON is still the king of Everest content due to the sheer relevance he has in this form of content.
    He's good because he's among the best if not the best at what he does.

Hawkeye is a NICHE champ that shines at times, you don't have to tell me that I know it. But he's not the Messiah you people are making him out to be.
    Ma'am please read again. I said its okay if you don't plan on completing Abyss anymore, but he's a very good champ nonetheless. He's not a "niche" champ. He's got utility that other champs do and its as easily accessible as his competitors. His damage is nothing to scoff at either. Aegon is a niche champ, hawkeye isn't. Hawkeye is very easily a general questing champ and he's just as effective in BGs
    I'm a guy my dude, what gave you that idea💀, anyway
    HawKeYe iS a qUesTinG cHaMp
    EVERY CHAMPION IN THE GAME IS A QUESTING CHAMP IF YOU TRY, THAT'S NOT A VALID ARGUMENT.
    As far as bgs it's great if you enjoy using him but I don't wanna put a champ that has, NO IMMUNITIES, NO RESISTANCES, ZERO DEFENSIVE POTENTIAL, he's not even a top brass attacker,
    He's not even a unpredictable champ ,for example Mordo, most people think DEFENCE, when they hear Mordo, but he's a really decent attacker,( ever try Mordo against REDSKULL? it's fun. ) People don't normally expect it and get caught off-guard.

Hawkeye on the other hand, gets shut down by one of the most common immunities in the game. Not to mention I can't even use him without awakening.

He's a decent champ I'll agree, he's not useless, he has some passable utility and isn't an absolute clown like some other champs, but you're over hyping him
  • Options
  • Options
    Terra said:

The Hawkeye disrespect in here is crazy.

He's a extremely solid champion for what utility he brings.
    He just gets alot of damage from awakening.
    There are far worse 7*s to pull. Like VTD

And even Blade. I’d say Hawkeye’s even better than Blade if he’s duped
  • Options

What value does Hawkeye provide though? Slow, there are like million better options, bleed? He needs dupe and still ain't the fastest or even top 10. Good in his class? There are like atleast 7-8 skill 7*s better than him.

The only utility he has that's worth mentioning is his power drain as a skill champ. Yes its reliable. Thats wht make him decent, just decent. thats it

His crit bleeds actually hit pretty hard
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,497 ★★★★★
    If you can dupe him, he is absolutely worth R2.