What are you going to do with the NC runestones?

captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★
We can exchange the runestones for 18k shards, or a 7* NC. While NC is good, he isn't broken or gamebreaking by any means, and need high sig preferably. So what is objectively the best use for 120 runestones.

What are you going to do with the NC runestones? 193 votes

I'll buy shards since I don't have 120 stones
52%
GroundedWisdomPantherusNZFeuerschwerDeadmaddyCondemnedToephillgreenTerraMagrailothosNescioJazz_MessengerFoxhero007MatthewmercuryCat_MurdockMasterduxMattDRKSw0rdMasterGodrohrSandeepStntslRepto23 101 votes
I'll buy shards cuz NC sucks
11%
hydrogohardNojokejaymNemesis666BrokenHeattblasttOurobørosJustcause102MattstafariLordSmasherGalvatron808Terminatrixspidyjedi84ribsandbbqbeef69TrongNovManbatnStertslJoSpidey_10NewtrelJustsomefoolOldManHop 22 votes
I'll buy shards cuz I ranked my 6* NC
4%
BigPoppaCBONEWally_WooferZuropeixemacacoItsClobberinTimeSagaChampionTullemoNightheart 8 votes
I'm getting 7* NC
32%
Crys23benshbSecondSkrillerTendersquadChovnerRagnarok13Mhd20034LilMaddogHTUsquebathkikiFurieuxGarloCyborgNinja135Herbal_TaxmanAckbar67Wicket329IamnikeLogan00redsoxpatsfan89Rayven5220spiderbites0196 62 votes

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    I'm getting 7* NC
    Already got my 7* NC. He doesn't really need high sig imo. It is nice to have but he's pretty good without it. If you want to make him a BGs double threat then in that case the sig would be needed. If you exchange the runestones for shards you might get a better champ but it is not guaranteed.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    I'm getting 7* NC
    Got NC. Guaranteed decent 7* and eventually we will have a way to dupe him.

He's still good unduped, just not quite as good. Not like some champs that straight up need the dupe to be useful.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,326 ★★★★★
    I trade them in for 5*/6*s when I need iso or 7* shards. Whichever is needed more.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Where is the announcement about selling runestones?

Dr. Zola
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,377 ★★★★★
    I'm getting 7* NC

He's still good unduped, just not quite as good. Not like some champs that straight up need the dupe to be useful.

MSD has some great videos on him unduped. He can full dex any special in the game and he nukes Nick in like 40 seconds

NC is fantastic and I can’t wait for more people to realize how good he is. The grind for 120 stones was hard but it’s worth it for my boy 🥹

Wish they let us get a NC specific AG or something though. Really sucks that you have to spend money to get the dupe
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,026 ★★★★★
    I've nowhere near 120 stones as I haven't been doing all the content to get them - got about 80-odd I think. I might grab the 6* and then exchange the rest for shards...
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    I'll buy shards cuz I ranked my 6* NC
    Sig 200 6* is still superior to sig 80 7* so I'd rather just get shards and rank up the 6*
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 367 ★★★
    Is it 7* shards for runes and when does that happen
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

There was a thread not too long ago, I think I think it was 750 shards per rune...something like it
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,207 ★★★★★
    I'm getting 7* NC

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

There was a thread not too long ago, I think I think it was 750 shards per rune...something like it
    It’s 150 per runestone, 750 would be broken op lol. Basically if you have 120 runestones the choice is between 7* nightcrawler and 18,000 7* shards.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,207 ★★★★★
    I'm getting 7* NC

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

It’s 150 per runestone, 750 would be broken op lol. Basically if you have 120 runestones the choice is between 7* nightcrawler and 18,000 7* shards.
    I would like to say that it was a typo but it was a complete brain fart... I dunno why I said 750, you are right it was 150 and I think i math out 12 instead of 120 rofl
    Lol all good man, I totally would not complain at getting 90,000 7* shards for my runestones, but of course that’d be a little too good.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 416 ★★
    Zone 25 is impossible - so sell hope for some great 7* luck
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,465 ★★★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

Zone 25 is impossible - so sell hope for some great 7* luck

You only need 20 zones
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    If I have time/energy to try and do some zone 20 runs then I’ll get NC. But that’s not likely as I’m not going to push it hard because there are other areas of the game I will spend my time.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    I'm 30 runes short or sth, didn't really grind bgs or incursions for it so that sounds about right. I would have loved a nightcrawler, but I'm fine with just the 7* shards tbh.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★
    The first two options. I couldn't make it to Zone 25 😔
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    edited May 24
    Couldn't complete the incursions
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    What runestones !!!!
    I was picking gold
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 810 ★★★
    Bought a 6* nc already, and I’ll probably skim the rest of them on the lake or throw them in the bag next to my morbius tickets
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    I hoard
  • IlociaM97IlociaM97 Member Posts: 163
    I'll buy shards cuz NC sucks
    I rather have any other basic pool
    I'm getting 7* NC
    IlociaM97 said:

I rather have any other basic pool

💀
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    So you’re saying I can possibly get a juggy instead of mid crawler, sign me up
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★

Already got my 7* NC. He doesn't really need high sig imo. It is nice to have but he's pretty good without it. If you want to make him a BGs double threat then in that case the sig would be needed. If you exchange the runestones for shards you might get a better champ but it is not guaranteed.

Yes but I get 18k shards, that's 3k extra shards. It doesn't make sense. Also NC could use high sig, if not mandatory for him. I feel like kabam is actively encouraging us to pick shards over NC lol.
  • Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Member Posts: 389

We can exchange the runestones for 18k shards, or a 7* NC. While NC is good, he isn't broken or gamebreaking by any means, and need high sig preferably. So what is objectively the best use for 120 runestones.

I awakened my 6* nightcrawler. It is simple
  • DamageFactionDamageFaction Member Posts: 92

I got him too. He will be available in the 7* crystals at some point just like all Omega crystal champs will be too. Offering him as an exclusive champ you can’t get from crystals is just Kabam’s way of increasing participation in the game modes that offered the rune stones. There will always be players who want the champ just because it’s new, rare or just for the sake of having it before it becomes available to the entire player base, a mentality that has been exploited over the 9 years of MCOC. In the early days of my account I often won the 4* featured from the arenas, the fact that everyone will have one just by opening a regular crystal isn’t something you are thinking about when you’re giving up 3 days of your life to hit the 10m cutoffs with your 3*s!!! Like the arena champs they will give us a while to forget how much effort we put into earning the stones in battle grounds or incursions before he goes into the regular crystals but it will happen someday.
    I'm getting 7* NC

Yes but I get 18k shards, that's 3k extra shards. It doesn't make sense. Also NC could use high sig, if not mandatory for him. I feel like kabam is actively encouraging us to pick shards over NC lol.
    Those shards could also yield a VTD so…NC hits pretty hard unduped too but the sig is very nice on him