Any other Deathless Guillotine geeks out there? (Haters are welcome too 😌)

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
She's gotta be near the top DPS in the game for short to mid range fights.. if not #1
Zero regrets for R3 Mystic gem.. none
She's built for a super aggressive and bursty fight style (which is my bread and butter) based on the way her Souls work and Crit Stat Focus, Recoils and Life Steal play into it perfectly.. people say her AW meta is over and she won't be used anymore.. Challenge Accepted

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★
    Her current record for an AW fight is 8s lol.. for minis +/- 30s
  • knupdiputsknupdiputs Member Posts: 42
    She did all the heavy lifting in my Incursions run.

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★
    Basically had r3 since day 1 love her shes a monster
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Member Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    She melts super quick if you get lucky with those Degens! Love using her. 7* r2
  • Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Member Posts: 242 ★★★
    Glad to see im not the only guillotine enjoyer. I havent seen any content on youtube so ive been trying to fill that void (to no success yet)
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Moderator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator
    She's pretty cracked tbh, I never fully understood the hate hahaha
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,913 ★★★★
    I enjoy playing Deathless Guilly, and she definitely pretty underrated IMO, but I would have to disagree on the fact that she's one of the best champions in the game. Her defense is lacking, and her playstyle is too agressive to be as viable as other champions, since it's quite easy to mess up and take a combo to the face with all the aggression that goes into playing her
  • ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Member Posts: 156 ★★★
    She's one of the best Nick Fury counters. If you time it right and use sp2 before nick enters second life and then the last hit hits him right after he activates second life you will place the reverse heal on him and his second life will melt so fast. Also an amazing hulkling counter and maestro counter
    edited May 31

I enjoy playing Deathless Guilly, and she definitely pretty underrated IMO, but I would have to disagree on the fact that she's one of the best champions in the game. Her defense is lacking, and her playstyle is too agressive to be as viable as other champions, since it's quite easy to mess up and take a combo to the face with all the aggression that goes into playing her

I don't think she's the best champ in the game, but I do think it's plausible she's got the highest DPS in the game over short/mid range matches currently (I play with Recoils, but the champs I'm comparing her too in my roster also have them).. not saying she for sure does have the highest DPS.. but atm, I'm struggling to find anyone who can really beat her speed in short fights (War Attack specifically)
    - Corvus with power start can meet or beat her speed, but not without the power start
    But yeah, different players enjoy different play styles.. for me personally, I've always enjoyed being super aggressive.. I excell in that environment, but I'm not as good in the more drawn out marathon style fights

Glad to see im not the only guillotine enjoyer. I havent seen any content on youtube so ive been trying to fill that void (to no success yet)

I tried to post some random war footage, but it got sent to approval.. I'll try again, but I'm not a YouTuber, just a hobby and a place to store footage haha
    edited May 31

For the hater who disagreed:) The KM is R3 mini

These are unboosted btw/off season
  • Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Member Posts: 45

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you. She is pretty great for shorter to mid-length fights like you showcased, thought she could be bested by someone like juggernaut in similar scenario's, or fights when facing an opponent who shrugs debuffs. I would personally rank juggernaut higher than her, but it's good to see people utilize champs they enjoy to similar effect.
    edited May 31

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you. She is pretty great for shorter to mid-length fights like you showcased, thought she could be bested by someone like juggernaut in similar scenario's, or fights when facing an opponent who shrugs debuffs. I would personally rank juggernaut higher than her, but it's good to see people utilize champs they enjoy to similar effect.
    Yes, just meant that someone specifically disagreed with an 8s war fight.. which is understandable, because it's insane.. but it happens - she consistently does path fights in sub 15s and minis +/- 30 seconds depending on defender and nodes of course.. no disagreement that Juggs is great but I maintain she will have higher DPS in many scenarios
    Yeah, her main weakness would be Debuff Immune.. but it basically needs to be straight Debuff Immunity as Degen Immunity is quite rare (she still crushed Degen Resistant champs quickly.. like Knull for example, it barely slows her down)

Basically, she falls squarely in the "Damage is Utility" category.. her speed to kill bypasses most abilities by just not giving the defender or the node enough time to even use them
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★
    Will or have you r2'd D kg as well?

Have them both at R2 and agree that guilly slaps

Will or have you r2'd D kg as well?

Have them both at R2 and agree that guilly slaps

While I have Guilly are R3.. sadly I don't have DKG yet
    Missed one of the pieces, but I'll probably (definitely) allow myself to be milked for the units to get him so I can awaken on the Onslaught fight 😂
    And yes, I will 1000% R2 him.. and likely R3 in time
    Also, I've just recently joined the Ascended Sinister Gang... And he's legit man
    Only reason I stray off topic a little is to say that he's got a chance to give Guilly a run for her money on DPS in a short fight
  • Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Member Posts: 242 ★★★

I tried to post some random war footage, but it got sent to approval.. I'll try again, but I'm not a YouTuber, just a hobby and a place to store footage haha
    Im no youtuber either. Would like to gain a following eventually. Ive started recording my fights with deathless guilly and uploading some of them
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★

She did all the heavy lifting in my Incursions run.

What hacks were you using?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,808 ★★★★★
    Deathless Guilly is basically the buff classic Guillotine should have had.

I was salty a few months back, when it seemed like there was never going to be a way to Awaken her (and the Awakened abilities for her and DKG make such a difference), but kudos to Kabam: they found a way to enable it.

Like @hungryhungrybbq I'd have preferred something on her SP1, even if it was just a guaranteed crit; but c'est la vie...🤷‍♂️
  • Aragorn63Aragorn63 Member Posts: 34
    This also points out that…damage…matters.

Her kit is simple, but effective. And I enjoy her animations. Fun to use. Take Cap Sam Wilson. Great kit.

But I can’t get the damage I’d like out of him. Fights take longer (not fun in itself) so more things can go wrong.

I’m not saying every champ same damage level, but especially in competitive modes, great kits don’t get used if damage isn’t sufficient. Basic kits get used more. Hyperion very simple as another example.

Note Sam can be a good defender. But keep to sp1 and not that hard. DG just works. And simple change to degen was brilliant. So so so simple and look at the impact…..
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★

From one of my wars in t5 and even through the wars of xmagica this fight was always a solo
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,609 ★★★★
    For me it’s a Yawn to Deathless champs…I don’t have either and doubt I’ll ever bother getting any of them.

But hats off to those players who have done the work…
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 223
    She is definitely fun to play! Archangel might still have the highest DPS ( though she might have the highest DPS for a 7* )
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,819 ★★★★★
    Azdef said:

She is definitely fun to play! Archangel might still have the highest DPS ( though she might have the highest DPS for a 7* )

Kate bishop has the highest dps