**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Void nerf before release?

Comments

• AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Isn't it a little early for a Nerf Post? He's not even out yet.

Did you read the post? How could it be early for a nerf post if they nerfed him? Not saying that they did but your comment makes no sense.

First of all, we don't know what changed, if anything, or the reasons. Secondly, if a Champ isn't even released as playable, its not a nerf. Not in the traditional sense. They adjusted last month's Quest. I don't consider adjustments to content as nerfs. All of this is speculation because we don't know of anything was changed. Perhaps we should get more information before spreading panic over nerfs.

No, no, a thousand times no. @DNA3000 debunked the idea that a champ has to be released in order to be nerfed in a thread in which you participated. The devs said that they nerfed Carnage prior to his release. The distinction you are making isn't meaningful. And even if it were, who cares? He was at least released into the game even if he isn't yet playable so if he was nerfed it's worth discussing and the fact that he isn't playable isn't relevant. The adjustment to last month's quest isn't analogous. That was an adjustment to the node, not to the champ.

You're still focusing on the word nerf and not what my point was. I'm not starting a debate on the word nerf. We've gone there. I have my own interpretation and that is not necessary to debate. What you're avoiding is the point that we don't know what was changed, if anything at all. You can defocus on the wording if you want, but I'm not taking the Thread off-topic, so that's a trip you'll make alone.

Well, a very specific change has been demonstrated, so how do we not know what was changed. As to your comment that we should wait for a statement before we "jump to conclusions" very often the official statement comes as a response to heads up posts like this. So what exactly is your point?

You have a screenshot of a Champ with different stats, that hasn't been released yet, and no official word of anything that has been changed. We don't know if there is a visual error now, there was upon release, if they toned it down because the content was too amped, if the Nodes were toned down, or nothing at all. We don't know because we have no official feedback. So, yes. I'm saying let's wait for an actual response from a Mod before we assume the Champ was nerfed and end up with an uproar over a Champ that people are already anxious about.

Your initial post questioned the validity of this thread ("isn't it a little early for a nerf post"). I agree that we should get a response before people regard this as a serious issue, but threads like this are how we get a response. @danielmath your point isn't meaningful. Act 4 slashed tires juggs doesn't have slashed tires anymore. Short path Venom isn't all-or-nothing. They were nerfed. No one is upset about it (even though it's a little sad lol) because the changes were explained. We are talking about a champ in a current quest who seems to have been changed.

No more slashed tires on that quest? Man, it's been a while since I played that lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »

Did you read the post? How could it be early for a nerf post if they nerfed him? Not saying that they did but your comment makes no sense.

First of all, we don't know what changed, if anything, or the reasons. Secondly, if a Champ isn't even released as playable, its not a nerf. Not in the traditional sense. They adjusted last month's Quest. I don't consider adjustments to content as nerfs. All of this is speculation because we don't know of anything was changed. Perhaps we should get more information before spreading panic over nerfs.

No, no, a thousand times no. @DNA3000 debunked the idea that a champ has to be released in order to be nerfed in a thread in which you participated. The devs said that they nerfed Carnage prior to his release. The distinction you are making isn't meaningful. And even if it were, who cares? He was at least released into the game even if he isn't yet playable so if he was nerfed it's worth discussing and the fact that he isn't playable isn't relevant. The adjustment to last month's quest isn't analogous. That was an adjustment to the node, not to the champ.

You're still focusing on the word nerf and not what my point was. I'm not starting a debate on the word nerf. We've gone there. I have my own interpretation and that is not necessary to debate. What you're avoiding is the point that we don't know what was changed, if anything at all. You can defocus on the wording if you want, but I'm not taking the Thread off-topic, so that's a trip you'll make alone.

Well, a very specific change has been demonstrated, so how do we not know what was changed. As to your comment that we should wait for a statement before we "jump to conclusions" very often the official statement comes as a response to heads up posts like this. So what exactly is your point?

You have a screenshot of a Champ with different stats, that hasn't been released yet, and no official word of anything that has been changed. We don't know if there is a visual error now, there was upon release, if they toned it down because the content was too amped, if the Nodes were toned down, or nothing at all. We don't know because we have no official feedback. So, yes. I'm saying let's wait for an actual response from a Mod before we assume the Champ was nerfed and end up with an uproar over a Champ that people are already anxious about.

Your initial post questioned the validity of this thread ("isn't it a little early for a nerf post"). I agree that we should get a response before people regard this as a serious issue, but threads like this are how we get a response. @danielmath your point isn't meaningful. Act 4 slashed tires juggs doesn't have slashed tires anymore. Short path Venom isn't all-or-nothing. They were nerfed. No one is upset about it (even though it's a little sad lol) because the changes were explained. We are talking about a champ in a current quest who seems to have been changed.

No more slashed tires on that quest? Man, it's been a while since I played that lol.

Nope lol. Kabam nerfed act 4 hard.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I defend facts. The fact is we don't know and I'm not going to assume he was nerfed before release, definition aside. We don't know the reason for the difference in numbers. We don't even have the actual released stats, because he's not released yet. So I'm not feeding the idea that they nerfed him. Has nothing to do with "defending Kabam". It's called not having all the information. I think it's best to wait until we hear something before claiming he was nerfed. Incase you hadn't noticed, statements like that spread like wild fire in this community. Nothing has been confirmed. I'm waiting to see.

Evidence has been put forth that he was altered. The thread is asking Kabam to comment on whether or not this is the case. If your stated position were accurate your posts would be embracing the question rather than defending Kabam even when Kabam isn't under attack. You are so set in your roll as Kabam defender that you have to put out fires that aren't even burning.

No. We have a screenshot of two different values and no idea what it means. You keep asserting that I'm defending Kabam, but I'm not engaged in some imaginary battle against the company, or the Players. I don't care what people ask. What we don't have is proof that he was nerfed. We don't have anything but a question.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Laugh, 3 pages...
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    wookeh wrote: »

There are screenshots proving his nerf. You can't possibly be that stupid. We do know what was changed. It's in the screenshots of the champ. You are sucking the kabam milk maker so hard that you can't even read.

Dude you're saying that a champ who hasn't been released yet was nerfed and you're calling someone else stupid? look in the mirror first

Fine he was adjusted. The term doesn't make a difference he was changed and answers should be had

None of the terms apply, period. He hasn't been released so he can't be changed, adjusted, nerfed, buffed, anything till he's released.

So he can't be changed?
    Ice phoenix
    Modok
    There was a Joe fixot ages ago..

Sorry but you just showed bow dead wrong you are thanks for playing

I meant that i just don't consider it a change about the character if he hasn't been released yet. Since nobody has void yet (as far as i know), there's no such thing as a change to him
    RedRooster wrote: »
    No. We have a screenshot of two different values and no idea what it means. You keep asserting that I'm defending Kabam, but I'm not engaged in some imaginary battle against the company, or the Players. I don't care what people ask. What we don't have is proof that he was nerfed. We don't have anything but a question.

I don't care whether you want to call it a nerf or an adjustment, whether a champ is considered "released" once he enters the game or he has to become playable. All semantics which can be argued over somewhere else.

The guy posted screenshots and asked why the values changed. He asked the question, he didn't make a statement saying "please nerf void" or "void has been nerfed" or you didn't see the multiple question marks he used?

He's used the word "nerf", but it's not a nerf post in the same sense that we've seen for Blade everywhere.

People are on you because you called out a guy for asking a question, yet you're the one who is so adamant that people can have their own views and thoughts without being countered reflexively.

I said isn't it early for a Nerf Post. Meaning we don't even know what his stats are supposed to be because he's not released, and we don't know what the different values mean. It's premature to consider him nerfed. He's not even out yet, and we don't know what the intended release is.
    I'm not engaging in semantics anymore. I'm waiting to see if a response is given.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    How is void being compared to Carnage? Carnage was "nerfed" during character design. He was released into the game in his nerfed state. As far as we are concerned, there was never a "better" carnage. The version we fought in EQ was exactly the same as the Carnage we got from Crystals. Void, on the other hand was released in the game with a vastly superior sig and people had fought against him in that state. If his sig effectiveness had not been reduced, we would have received the same void from crystals (seeing that 5* and 6* sigs scale similarly)

On topic: this isn't the first time they have nerfed/buffed a character after releasing it in the live game (quest content) but before releasing it to the players through crystals. Thanos in act 3 has a vastly superior sig compared to the 4* thanos given to the LoL legends (though I'm not sure if this is exactly a "nerf" since every thanos we've faced in quests since then had the nerfed sig. Only the Act 3 thanos still has the original sig). Another example is CB. When he was released in the quest, he used to get a degeneration debuff while under Overrun. The removed the degen and changed it to it's current state before adding him in cryatals
    Didn't mean to post twice. Sorry

I don't care whether you want to call it a nerf or an adjustment, whether a champ is considered "released" once he enters the game or he has to become playable. All semantics which can be argued over somewhere else.

The guy posted screenshots and asked why the values changed. He asked the question, he didn't make a statement saying "please nerf void" or "void has been nerfed" or you didn't see the multiple question marks he used?

He's used the word "nerf", but it's not a nerf post in the same sense that we've seen for Blade everywhere.

People are on you because you called out a guy for asking a question, yet you're the one who is so adamant that people can have their own views and thoughts without being countered reflexively.

I said isn't it early for a Nerf Post. Meaning we don't even know what his stats are supposed to be because he's not released, and we don't know what the different values mean. It's premature to consider him nerfed. He's not even out yet, and we don't know what the intended release is.

So you're saying if he had used the word "adjustment" instead of "nerf" then you wouldn't have commented? Then isn't that just an argument about semantics that you've stated multiple times you're trying to avoid?
    No. Semantics over the wording is what I'm not engaging in, and that's what you're debating. The topic is not wording. I don't care if you say nerf or adjust, we don't have the Bio to gauge it on because he hasn't been released. We don't know anything about the intended stats. We have a question of why the numbers changed. We can't assume they nerfed him. As I said, I'll wait to see if a response comes.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    arsjum wrote: »
    wookeh wrote: »
    I played uncollected difficulty on day one of release. Noticed this insane signature ability which gives him 7300 attack rating when he stacks all his debuffs.

swbxjxc2q0lp.jpg

Then, I did a run today and noticed it's decreased to 4400. Still insane attack boost.

0nhvr5l6wfsp.jpg

Just curious why it changed? No one complained. He can't even stack that many debuffs without killing you from direct damage.

So, what happened here?

Could it be that it depends on the path you take to get to Void? If you take one of the three middle paths, you kill a bpcw that also reduces Void's pi.

Nodes do not interfere with base values in abilities section. And no way a 50% boost on top of 200% local node boost can reduce it from 7.3k to 4.4k

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    void def nerfed, also, the ignore function via these forums is really helpful
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    No. Semantics over the wording is what I'm not engaging in, and that's what you're debating. The topic is not wording. I don't care if you say nerf or adjust, we don't have the Bio to gauge it on because he hasn't been released. We don't know anything about the intended stats. We have a question of why the numbers changed. We can't assume they nerfed him. As I said, I'll wait to see if a response comes.

No, it seems clear you were triggered by the word "nerf", otherwise why post? If you read the context of his post, he's talking about the non-playable version of the champ on the node. He hasn't even talked about the release version of the champ. It's like you didn't read his post, but just saw the word "nerf" and responded in Kabam defense mode. He just wants and answer.

I'm not debating the semantics of the words, I can clearly see what he means whether he uses the word "nerf" or uses a different word. What I'm pointing out is that you're only debating this because of the word "nerf" and not adding anything to the discussion.

THANK YOU! Almost like they are trying to be obtuse on purpose
  • This game is a bloody mess and nerf fiesta,like a beta version of a very cheap game.i started to play video games more than 25 years ago,i have tried so many of them,but i have never experienced even half of the issues and bugs in any of them,comparing with this.i do not know what is wrong with this company...
  • wookeh wrote: »
    I played uncollected difficulty on day one of release. Noticed this insane signature ability which gives him 7300 attack rating when he stacks all his debuffs.

swbxjxc2q0lp.jpg

Then, I did a run today and noticed it's decreased to 4400. Still insane attack boost.

0nhvr5l6wfsp.jpg

Just curious why it changed? No one complained. He can't even stack that many debuffs without killing you from direct damage.

So, what happened here?

LOL they should buff Sentry instead of nerfing Void. Wtf Kabam? 😂
    Are they planning to make Void trash too before the release in order to give us another trash Science champion?
    I'm waiting for him in the crystals, hope they don't ruin him meanwhile.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I think @GroundedWisdom Is just sharing his particular outlook, and as a community we should be open to each other's ideas. It doesn't mean he's right or wrong. Now this has gotten off track. I'm shutting this thread down.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Wait, I can't do that. But you can bet - it's coming!!!!
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Why the hell are you guys still quoting and responding to the troll? People complain GW details threads but they are as responsible for it as GW, as the same people can't stop arguing with him for several pages in multiple threads over meaningless stuff and giving him exactly the attention that he wants

I agree to an extent. I don't have an issue with GW commenting on threads. In fact, where I think he has a point, I will give credit... you can review my previous comments and see that's the case. However, I am against hypocrisy and people who believe they can never get anything wrong. Unfortunately he brings that in spades. In many instances it is also a case of clarifying the point of the OP, because it gets twisted by these tangents.
    edited January 2018
    I defend facts. The fact is we don't know and I'm not going to assume he was nerfed before release, definition aside. We don't know the reason for the difference in numbers. We don't even have the actual released stats, because he's not released yet. So I'm not feeding the idea that they nerfed him. Has nothing to do with "defending Kabam". It's called not having all the information. I think it's best to wait until we hear something before claiming he was nerfed. Incase you hadn't noticed, statements like that spread like wild fire in this community. Nothing has been confirmed. I'm waiting to see.

You have no facts and are just spewing your opinion as fact. How is assuming he wasn't nerfed any different from assuming that he was? At least one side provided some evidence and not just opinion.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I said we don't know. I didn't say he wasn't. I said we have no official comment. Which is what I'm waiting for before I make any conclusions. No matter how many screenshots people take as "evidence", none of us know anything about it.
This discussion has been closed.