Reverse Controls Node - SOP for Example

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,821 ★★★★★

That's a lot of typing to say you suck at reverse controls.

Why are you horrible? Did you even read it? They just asked for a way to practice reverse controls like ROL. Nothing nasty or bad about it. Not a horrible ask either
    Of course I read it. There's plenty of places to practice and it's not like reverse controls is new. I suck at reverse controls probably more than anyone but I'm not on here announcing it to everyone. In fact I hate the node. I'm not looking forward to it at all. My fights work off muscle memory and reverse controls gets me every time.

To use medical conditions in this manner at this point is just weird. Reverse controls are all over content in this game and included in abilities with champs. So why does it matter for this fight? If you're doing this content, you've already done reverse controls many, many times.
    Just...just because nice man. Especially when someone asks it nicely. There are plenty of entitled people out there on whom, you ,me and all the others dunk on. That's okay. Don't do it when someone writes out a proper reason why they think so and so
    I just don't like the use of the medical conditions as an excuse all the sudden.
    I just don’t like how insensitive you are all the time. I agree with your points but the bluntness that you make them lacks awareness of the situation.
    I'm aware of the situation. We've talked about epilepsy, fear of spots, color blindness among other things to what you're talking about. I'm not insensitive to those problems, I'm pointing out that there's no way for a game company to cater to your specific issue. Especially when it's in the game in many different places. It's one fight. It's like 2 paths in act 6. It's been in other fights and champs have it as abilities.

So to bring this disease or illness up because of one fight that will only be in the game for 2 weeks just feels like fake outrage.
  • AecynAecyn Member Posts: 97
    The trick to the fight is timing when the switch happens. You can do a pretty good job of throwing specials that take up the time between switches and bait her specials early into the timer. Once you get into a groove it ends up being a fun fight. I usually revive my way through these bosses but only took 1 revive each kill this time due to those unfortunately timed switches... Most of the fight, I was able to start a combo that took me through the switch, (end on a light attack if you need to.) or throw my special to take me into the next timer. You can bait either special from her too so you don't need to feel like you must bait the sp1
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 960 ★★★★

Why are you horrible? Did you even read it? They just asked for a way to practice reverse controls like ROL. Nothing nasty or bad about it. Not a horrible ask either
    Of course I read it. There's plenty of places to practice and it's not like reverse controls is new. I suck at reverse controls probably more than anyone but I'm not on here announcing it to everyone. In fact I hate the node. I'm not looking forward to it at all. My fights work off muscle memory and reverse controls gets me every time.

To use medical conditions in this manner at this point is just weird. Reverse controls are all over content in this game and included in abilities with champs. So why does it matter for this fight? If you're doing this content, you've already done reverse controls many, many times.
    Just...just because nice man. Especially when someone asks it nicely. There are plenty of entitled people out there on whom, you ,me and all the others dunk on. That's okay. Don't do it when someone writes out a proper reason why they think so and so
    I just don't like the use of the medical conditions as an excuse all the sudden.
    I just don’t like how insensitive you are all the time. I agree with your points but the bluntness that you make them lacks awareness of the situation.
    I'm aware of the situation. We've talked about epilepsy, fear of spots, color blindness among other things to what you're talking about. I'm not insensitive to those problems, I'm pointing out that there's no way for a game company to cater to your specific issue. Especially when it's in the game in many different places. It's one fight. It's like 2 paths in act 6. It's been in other fights and champs have it as abilities.

So to bring this disease or illness up because of one fight that will only be in the game for 2 weeks just feels like fake outrage.
    You may not know this but I was planning to write up on this a while ago, during my necropolis exploration. The primary purpose of this post was to bring to their attention of Kabam what I’ve observed not just my own situation but that of many I know.
    And this post wasn’t an outrage. How did you conclude this was a rage post? People are telling you things they don’t appreciate about, instead acknowledging it and maybe retract or apologise, you double down, making excuses, go on all you know about. Keep going.
    edited June 13
    DNA3000 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Reverse controls is just a lazy way to elevate difficulty of a fight. Change my mind

It's not lazy at all . If not for reverse controls, this would be such an easy fight with zero difficulty.

It gives you a way to practice it on a good fight without having to go deep into quests.
    That’s a narrow way of looking at this. If it’s not for reverse controls, all the nodes would have changed. I’m not saying take the reverse control node off. I’m only addressing the node by itself not in relation to the other nodes.
    You may not no this, I’m going to complete this quest. I don’t have issues with skill. I’ve played with the best my level allows me. Im capped with my account because I can only devote a set amount of time and resources to the game.
    I’ve 100% Necropolis and all end game content in the game currently. I’m bringing to light cognitive conditions that many are dealing with which may affect how they certain nodes are perceived.
    And this is just one instance. Another example is NTW (Negasonic), her specials are too much my eyes to process. I blink multiple times. It is what it is. I’m only bringing to attention what other may be going through with certain interactions.
    I get it. But that's true for literally every challenge in the game. People with limited eyesight have a lot of difficulty seeing icons. People with coordination issues have difficulty with swipe timing. What makes reverse controls special, such that you think that node goes over some invisible line but, say, asking players to intercept doesn't. At that point, we're just picking winners and losers by arbitrary preference.

In effect, you're asking for a skill cap for the game. And once you do that, you are going to have to contend with every person who happens to fall just outside the line you draw. What are you going to tell them, when you decide that these people get to have a lower skill game that matches their capabilities, but the people just over the line don't?

And no, the one thing you can't ask for is a customized game where everyone gets to do all the content tuned to their own capabilities. Everyone plays the same Necropolis. Everyone plays the same AQ. Everyone plays the same Spring of Sorrow. If you want a customized experience, you want a single player game, not a massively multiplayer game as a service.
    People with coordination issues don’t always struggle with game controls. Don’t forget, we didn’t just pick up the game became good. We practiced, we started from somewhere, the game thought it’s rules right from the beginning. We gradually learned everything we know in the game. How is reverse controls different from all other nodes? It’s the only node that tells you to do the opposite of what the game has taught us to do. All others nodes expands on what we all know and do in the game. Maybe next time we can have a node that requires we ‘swipe up’ for ‘dashing back’ and ‘swipe down’ for ‘dashing forward’.

And to your second point, that’s how you see it. I don’t mind and do t see anything wrong with every month Kabam rolls out optional nodes or hacks that can be applied to ROL. I’d gladly enjoy playing ROL, practicing and learning about other champs. It’s good no one person makes or should be making decisions on a game that affects millions of people. Hopefully, they can discuss things players bring to their attention and decide what needs to be done.
    J0eySn0w said:

You may not know this but I was planning to write up on this a while ago, during my necropolis exploration. The primary purpose of this post was to bring to their attention of Kabam what I’ve observed not just my own situation but that of many I know.
    And this post wasn’t an outrage. How did you conclude this was a rage post? People are telling you things they don’t appreciate about, instead acknowledging it and maybe retract or apologise, you double down, making excuses, go on all you know about. Keep going.
    You would get more credit if the node was brand new. It's not.

Now the Trypophobia issue I can understand more because it's one character who was new and we didn't have anything related to spots before.

You can not appreciate the fight but you don't really have an angle with the mental issue approach.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

kus234 said:

Very well described.. I wish Kabam listens . This is not a skill issue this is just pure BS...

Nah it’s a skill issue. The only thing making this fight hard is the reverse controls which you can get used to with practice. Other than that it’s the easiest thing ever lmao. Bait specials and use your own
    The only thing messing me up rn is when she launches her specials while i'm switching controls. Like figuring out whether the sp1 gunshot ends up in the current control phase or the next. Sometimes it's really, really tight...
    Yep - the timer should pauses during both special attacks to be fair..or at least the defender's.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,075 ★★★★
    If it was permanent reverse controls I wouldn't mind but every 8 seconds on and off catches you off guard
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,661 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

The way you keep saying, you may not know this, is more or less a dig at someone. At least in the way your presenting it. It's almost like saying, well actually. It doesn't make your statements any better. And how would anyone know what you planned on writing in a post however long ago? No one but you would know that homie.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

If it was permanent reverse controls I wouldn't mind but every 8 seconds on and off catches you off guard

That’s the whole challenge. The whole fight with reversed controls would be a walk in the park
  • Bob1971Bob1971 Member Posts: 9
    Yeah this is killing me i have never been able to do reverse control my brain just dont work that way, I know they won't change it not but this will be 4 points I cant get and I lost one already from last week and with her in the final quest at the end I will lose all thoughs points as well so this has ruined this entire thing for me
    Buttehrs said:

J0eySn0w said:

The way you keep saying, you may not know this, is more or less a dig at someone. At least in the way your presenting it. It's almost like saying, well actually. It doesn't make your statements any better. And how would anyone know what you planned on writing in a post however long ago? No one but you would know that homie.
    English is not my first language, I studied it. So sorry if I come across a certain way. This is a link to a post I made some time ago. I mentioned I wanted to talk write a number of things. This was one of them.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/363291/an-idea-or-thoughts-on-champion-designs-lately#latest
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★
    Bob1971 said:

Yeah this is killing me i have never been able to do reverse control my brain just dont work that way, I know they won't change it not but this will be 4 points I cant get and I lost one already from last week and with her in the final quest at the end I will lose all thoughs points as well so this has ruined this entire thing for me

I know the forums are full of people saying it’s super easy - but it’s not for me either. I will probably plunk around at it over the next two weeks but 3 full energy refills today and I feel like I didn’t make any progress in getting better at it. I get her down health down a bit and my brain just quits firing… and quick KO.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,806 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

many would want to do better and practice.
    Straight out of DLLs stream from many many months ago:

They say if they make a practice mode where players can chose and practice a particular node, the top skilled tier players who have plenty of time in their hands will practice 40 hours a day to master a tricky aspect of a difficulty node...
    Then these god tier players will dominate everywhere against people who can't put that much time into this practice.

He said somthing with that similar feeling.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★
    edited June 13
    J0eySn0w said:

Buttehrs said:

J0eySn0w said:

English is not my first language, I studied it. So sorry if I come across a certain way. This is a link to a post I made some time ago. I mentioned I wanted to talk write a number of things. This was one of them.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/363291/an-idea-or-thoughts-on-champion-designs-lately#latest
    There's not a single time you mentioned reverse controls affecting cognitive conditions .
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,661 ★★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

Buttehrs said:

J0eySn0w said:

There's not a single time you mentioned reverse controls affecting cognitive conditions .
    They're just trying to stay relevant somehow because they've already been brought back to reality.

J0eySn0w said:

Buttehrs said:

J0eySn0w said:

I’m having a lot of typos. But I mentioned in the link, right at the beginning that there are a number of things I’ve observe I wanted to bring it up to the game team and community. Reverse controls are one of them. I didn’t mentioned it in that post but I wanted to write about it on its own. I didn’t know we were going to have one this soon.

I was going to go indepths on this subject. I wanted to highlight the various cognitive conditions that may cause reverse controls to be painful difficult for some, others borderline impossible. This will help others understand why they may struggle. One of the focus for that post was not that Kabam removes it but rather not just reserve it for the most difficult content. If they don’t design contents as a cash grab, then this will be helpful cognitive training. I was gonna go further to and talk about mental health, stress and related autoimmune conditions. But I think most people don’t care about these things. Anyway, take care.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,573 ★★★★★
    I know a few color blind people in city of Los Angeles, they should change the colors of traffic lights for them....
    J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

Buttehrs said:

J0eySn0w said:

I’m having a lot of typos. But I mentioned in the link, right at the beginning that there are a number of things I’ve observe I wanted to bring it up to the game team and community. Reverse controls are one of them. I didn’t mentioned it in that post but I wanted to write about it on its own. I didn’t know we were going to have one this soon.

I was going to go indepths on this subject. I wanted to highlight the various cognitive conditions that may cause reverse controls to be painful difficult for some, others borderline impossible. This will help others understand why they may struggle. One of the focus for that post was not that Kabam removes it but rather not just reserve it for the most difficult content. If they don’t design contents as a cash grab, then this will be helpful cognitive training. I was gonna go further to and talk about mental health, stress and related autoimmune conditions. But I think most people don’t care about these things. Anyway, take care.
    We call this "moving the goalposts" in America.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,422 Guardian
    J0eySn0w said:

And to your second point, that’s how you see it. I don’t mind and do t see anything wrong with every month Kabam rolls out optional nodes or hacks that can be applied to ROL. I’d gladly enjoy playing ROL, practicing and learning about other champs. It’s good no one person makes or should be making decisions on a game that affects millions of people. Hopefully, they can discuss things players bring to their attention and decide what needs to be done.

Let me put it this way. I’m not in any way concerned with literally *any* level of advocacy somehow convincing the devs to go down the road to personalized content difficulty. I’m not saying I don’t like it, I’m not saying it is a bad idea. I’m simply stating it will never happen. And sure, you can say well people say that all the time and then things change, but not this one. I would assign a higher probability to Batman showing up in MCOC than the devs deciding to break the one rule of massively multiplayer games you can never break: turning them into single player games.

However, it isn’t my place to gatekeep advocacy. I’m simply offering my twenty-plus years of experience in playing and interacting with the developers of massively multiplayer games. And the fact that the current developers of this game have not demonstrated any appetite whatsoever to go down that road in public and non-public discussions about the fundamentals of the game. The word most commonly associated with all discussions of the form “what if we made difficulty optional” is pointless.
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 106
    J0eySn0w said:

Reverse controls is just a lazy way to elevate difficulty of a fight. Change my mind

It's not lazy at all . If not for reverse controls, this would be such an easy fight with zero difficulty.

It gives you a way to practice it on a good fight without having to go deep into quests.
    That’s a narrow way of looking at this. If it’s not for reverse controls, all the nodes would have changed. I’m not saying take the reverse control node off. I’m only addressing the node by itself not in relation to the other nodes.
    You may not no this, I’m going to complete this quest. I don’t have issues with skill. I’ve played with the best my level allows me. Im capped with my account because I can only devote a set amount of time and resources to the game.
    I’ve 100% Necropolis and all end game content in the game currently. I’m bringing to light cognitive conditions that many are dealing with which may affect how they certain nodes are perceived.
    And this is just one instance. Another example is NTW (Negasonic), her specials are too much my eyes to process. I blink multiple times. It is what it is. I’m only bringing to attention what other may be going through with certain interactions.
    You 100% necro??? you mean the content with 7 5mil+ fights with alternating inverse controls? but this is too hard for you? Its more a thing of practice and getting rid of muscle memory of normal gameplay. anyone with access to necropolis can also just practice on odin if they really want to improve their RC, or like others have said, delirous nodes in act 6. such a weird thing to complain about. you also have 2 weeks to do this fight and a solo is not needed
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    If we look at western society in general, we see how catering and pandering to minority groups’ sense of entitlement has caused an issue.

As much as I empathize with these genuine concerns, it is pretty much impossible for a company to design content catering to a very small minority.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,438 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

If we look at western society in general, we see how catering and pandering to minority groups’ sense of entitlement has caused an issue.

As much as I empathize with these genuine concerns, it is pretty much impossible for a company to design content catering to a very small minority.

Should have just limited yourself to the second paragraph. The first paragraph is unnecessary and so wrong.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,951 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

xNig said:

Should have just limited yourself to the second paragraph. The first paragraph is unnecessary and so wrong.
    It isn't wrong, though. Not going to name any examples because that would cause unnecessary drama, but it's true.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,615 ★★★★
    Again Kabam makes a piece of content that isn’t fun to play. This is a video game not some cognitive test.
    I’ll skip the next 2 weeks. It’s not worth the aggravation.

If I want aggravation in my life I’ll go read the political media…
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,100 ★★★★★
    I have a cognitive condition where my brain won’t let my thumbs react fast enough and my champ gets punched to death. When will Kabam introduce a 75% speed function or let me play a turn based version of MCOC? So frustrated with this wait.
    Here's some other causes you may want to root for-
    Kyrofelonoshophobia: An extreme fear of cartoon characters.

Grammaphobia is the fear of letters of the alphabet.

Crystallophobia is the fear of crystal or glass. Sufferers would not touch or even look at crystals.

Guess Kabam has a lot of work to do.
    Graves_3 said:

xNig said:

It’s true though, as much as it might sound offensive. We just need to, as a global society in general, be more accepting of different views and understand that nothing can be perfect. Trying to please everyone usually becomes pleasing no one.
    TyEdge said:

I have a cognitive condition where my brain won’t let my thumbs react fast enough and my champ gets punched to death. When will Kabam introduce a 75% speed function or let me play a turn based version of MCOC? So frustrated with this wait.

Ikr. Sometimes the AI is just so fast that it’s hard to react. 75% speed will be awesome. #sacarsm 😂

Here's some other causes you may want to root for-
    Kyrofelonoshophobia: An extreme fear of cartoon characters.

Grammaphobia is the fear of letters of the alphabet.

Crystallophobia is the fear of crystal or glass. Sufferers would not touch or even look at crystals.

Guess Kabam has a lot of work to do.

I have a fear of canes due to childhood trauma. Arcade and Loki scares me. 😂