**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Raid MODOK - not a fan of these Missions so far

Comments

• Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 167 ★★
    Adam warlock was op for everyone but modok his unblockable and taunt mechanics make it more challenging to complete prompts. Hit into block you have to let your ramp fall off and whiff attack while modok is taunted is…. Not fun. And sp2 pod you just die. Lesson learned for me I guess 😂
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 167 ★★
    Funny thing is Adam is one of my favorite modok counters.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 231 ★★★
    The knockdown mission would be fine, if it wasn't bugged so only heavies worked. I can get the other two missions but they so disrupt the flow of the fight that added on to the fact that I have never gotten all 9 prompts done in 30 sec so he is always unblockable for large portions of the fight means I am maxing out at like 4%. I would dearly love anyone who has figured out how to work this fight to post a video. Not in a "I need proof" way, just please someone show me how it is possible to run this fight decently.
  • Options
    WardrunaWardruna Posts: 35
    They changed the timing to dex his sp1 I’ve noticed. And I agree, the prompts suck. 1 run I had whiff 5 times in a row. Stupid fight design
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 876 ★★★

They don't take long to complete, especially not with the AI being the way it is.

It's just grandmaster lite. I think they're fine.

Not my experience. I used all of my revives and only got 7 charges for teammates. He changes his AI based on your mission it seems like. And for some reason knocking him down with specials isn't completing that mission. This was a HUGE overcorrection. We as an entire team.went from beating it day 1 to probably not beating it at all.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Someone needs to look into why his SP1 timing has changed, pretty ridiculous after all these years.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 876 ★★★
    Also. Why did the charges reset?
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★
    My biggest issue with the fight it's not the missions itself but the fact that it's f!!! MODOK, the constant auto block during our attacks and even specials makes the fight awful, you just lost some time with the missions and now you can only do like 2-3 hits out of 5 and good luck throwing some special that it's not unblockable
  • Options
    jaymania82jaymania82 Posts: 77

The fight's definitely trickier than anything in the last Raid but it's still doable. We will see what the data says but I suspect by the 2nd or 3rd cycle players will have sorted out the best champions, gotten some more practice on the fight, and most Alliances will be back to clearing the map before the mid-week revive reset. Again we will see what the data shows, but on the surface it doesn't seem outside the acceptable tuning window.

Who are you using Kabam Crashed? Just curious. r3 HB here.
    R2 Ironman. I struggled with my first few MODOK fights as my role boosts needs armor ups to trigger Undermine with boss missions, and generating armor ups was a challenge through his auto block, but I eventually got the hang of it and got a solid run in before others in my Alliance finished him off. Like I said, definitely tricky, but I'm pretty confident with a little more practice it won't be too bad.
    Hi crashed, I had an easy time with all 3 fights but for some reason with modok i have done all the prompts with cgr but cant get any role charges on cgr any reason why? also I have more the 8 charges as well set up for me but no matter how many prompts i do i cant get my charges to do any damage is this a bug? thanks in advance
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,484 ★★★★
    Are we going to see any sort of (I'd really not use the term compensation) for BGs that used attackers that can't physically do the modok fight?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,377 ★★★★★
    I used Aegon and he cannot do two of the fights out of 4 (modok and thanis sayeth where he was bugged). I shouldn't have taken him in the first place.
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 640 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Someone needs to look into why his SP1 timing has changed, pretty ridiculous after all these years.

I’ve seen a couple people mention this now, can’t say I noticed an issue myself

Anyone else think the timing is off?
  • Options
    SpankarellaSpankarella Posts: 23
    edited June 14
    The wiff prompt should only be 2, 3 is 💩.
  • Options
    Cpt_Awesomeo55Cpt_Awesomeo55 Posts: 81
    Made the mistake of bringing Aegeon and I can’t help on modok at all. Every time I go in I get the block prompt as my second prompt which I can’t do. Modok fight is not fun and my group has burned through revives way more than previously
  • Options
    ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 110 ★★
    There are so many problems with this fight.

1)the Wiff prompt means you aren’t doing damage, it also requires the ai to be passive long enough for you to safely wiff

2A)hit into block prompt requires 2 combos into block to do it safely meaning you aren’t doing much damage there either and it requires passive AI

2B)I am using Titania and sometimes it can be really annoying when I want to hit into block and I have the haymakers available because that will make her unblockable this I can’t complete the prompt for a bit.

3)As a vanguard I am using the punish specials for a weakness debuff to be placed on the opponent. But since Modok auto-blocks I am not getting those weaknesses sometimes which slows down the fight considerably

I tried 3 times and only had 1 good run but even then it wasn’t that good. And I am quickly running out of revives. Thanks Kabam this is way worse than ultron
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 234 ★★
    I'll add my voice to the chorus of people who don't like this fight. As folks have said several times in this channel, it's frustrating to have to spend so much of my time trying to avoid doing damage due to the whiff and hit-block prompts.

And I find those missions to be extremely important, because once MODOK gets the unblockable passive, one shot kills. He literally 1-shotted my 6r5 ascended Angela from full health with a single unblockable SP1 intercept while I was dashing forward to hit into his block.
  • Options
    EmixxedEmixxed Posts: 3
    Am I doing something wrong? I am gaining 1 charge per mission till in the end I get 6 per callout.

https://youtu.be/uFaUzch1yms?si=TmilADnKj2eCZ67D
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,426 ★★★★★
    Just tried Modok, got 5 whiffs and 4 hit into block in a row? Am I supposed to be doing damage with that?
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 315 ★★

The fight's definitely trickier than anything in the last Raid but it's still doable. We will see what the data says but I suspect by the 2nd or 3rd cycle players will have sorted out the best champions, gotten some more practice on the fight, and most Alliances will be back to clearing the map before the mid-week revive reset. Again we will see what the data shows, but on the surface it doesn't seem outside the acceptable tuning window.

Who are you using Kabam Crashed? Just curious. r3 HB here.
    R2 Ironman. I struggled with my first few MODOK fights as my role boosts needs armor ups to trigger Undermine with boss missions, and generating armor ups was a challenge through his auto block, but I eventually got the hang of it and got a solid run in before others in my Alliance finished him off. Like I said, definitely tricky, but I'm pretty confident with a little more practice it won't be too bad.
    Hi crashed, I had an easy time with all 3 fights but for some reason with modok i have done all the prompts with cgr but cant get any role charges on cgr any reason why? also I have more the 8 charges as well set up for me but no matter how many prompts i do i cant get my charges to do any damage is this a bug? thanks in advance
    Same here actually. With Unparalelled Buffs Adam I should, after a short ramp up, be getting a charge for 4-5 missions. That's just not happening and no matter how long the fight lasted, how many tasks I did and how many buffs I had on at the time, I seem to get no increase in damage and generate no crossfight charges.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,171 ★★★★★
    Update: best run so far is 7% in a single run.. I'm still trying to figure out the right balance between ignoring the prompts (so I can actually hit the opponent) and completing them (damage v charge building)
    Last time Whiff was my least favorite (4-5 times in a row, multiple sets of that) today it's block hits.. omfg, back up, you potato head jerk face.. 😂 he won't man, and he'll finally back up and make me think I'm finally gonna get the last block hit I need and he'll Reverse Parry me (drop block at right before the moment of impact and take it to the face.. I legit growled a frustration growl at my phone) 😂 like up to 20s or more to complete both required block hit strings for each one
  • Options
    dannyrottendannyrotten Posts: 90
    edited June 14
    All 3 of my bg groups (153m, 22k prestige alliance) have used all revives and modok is 80%.
    We’re all lucky if we can each do 1% damage. A rethought is definitely needed for this boss.

30 decent players should be able to handle him. Also we going to lose the 7 stashed revives we bring to beginning of raid so it’ll be even harder next time.
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 91
    Anybody had a good run that can provide some pointers? Not seeing much on YouTube to reference
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,436 ★★★★★
    I hit the cap twice after my bgmates actually put some charges for me to use. They also took a big chunk of health off of him and that was helpful too. I cleaned up about 30% left on him.
    But then I am using hulking, he do what he does.
    Took 2:40 and 2:50 timewise to hit the cap.

And yet I am the dancing monkey, while DJ Modok play the music.
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 168 ★★
    Worst boss node set & missions design so far, way too complicated and the added unblockable is a step too far, kabam you have made this way too difficult to complete for most normal players, way worse than the ultron boss was, 1st 3 bosses were fun fights but modok is a joke. Looks like another event not to play in the future, such a shame as was the event I looked forward to playing the most each month.
  • Options
    avmitking2avmitking2 Posts: 1
    What I feel is I'm being more and more bad at this game, come and do objectives which does not do damage. I mean what am I playing, having any fun?