**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage: First impression

CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
He sucks.

He's so incredibly fragile.
I took my 5* to R2 (4.1k PI) then took him to master gold quest. He was getting destroyed through block.

I've got max deep wounds and his bleeds are doing between 20-47 per tick.

Having his heavy and L3 the only sources to start a bleed is also awkward (and I've been playing dormammu a lot so I'm used to getting the parry > heavy)

The 10 second bleed seems to runout very quickly. The way L1 builds is cool. I got up to 7x stacks of bleed but they are so short.

The way his mutation works is cool in theory, but its awkward trying to get the buffs you want. I often found I was getting block prof because the enemy would use a special.

Things I would possibly change to make him decent:

Increase his base stats. Put him on a similar playing field to others. This is Carnage! He can regenerate lost limbs but can't take a few blocked hits?!

Make him regen a % of his bleed damage.

Make his mutations mutate the current passive buff he has AS he does a special so you can choose them better. It can still take 10 secs to convert if you want. ( e.g.: parry> medium> light> L1= gets light buff)

Make all his specials add a bleed or make bleeds chance on hit/crit even when there's not a bleed up. His hands are blades. It would be hard NOT to make someone bleed.

These are just my first impressions. I've been using him for 2 hours now, and I was expecting a whole lot more.

He should function similar to Black panther/drax/gwenpool.

He's got zero utility.
He has incredibly low stats.
He takes too long to build up.

He should be doing way more damage.

Comments

• ARKANG3L_2099ARKANG3L_2099 Posts: 129
    Id love to be able to test that myself. Unfortunately i was screwed by the crystals. I spun some of his crystals and actually managed to land not only a 4* (which i only get one every few months) but i landed the 4* featured champion and when it burst open i only got a 3* Cable!
  • Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    He has got good prestige, what else needed? Most of the high prestige champs not good for offense.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    He seemed pretty fragile on paper with abilities that aren't going to help you in most fights. I assume prestige would be the only reason someone would try to get him.

Good to get conformation though.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    I also got screwed out of 4*.....but not the first time. I ALMOST considered trying 2 5* Carnage crystals, but was afraid of the fact that he just replaced Pheonix. Awesome character in the comics and Marvel universe. One of the most powerful champs on paper. Awesome prestige. Extremely weak and worthless champ in game that was a complete waste of resources besides prestige boost. Pheonix =utter failure in execution. Carnage = Pheonix.
    Thx for the heads up. I kinda had an idea already, thx for verification. Guess I'll keep saving till Iceman
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I went for him because he's my favourite villain and because I thought he'd work better than how it seemed. Kabams been making some great characters lately..

He's really got nothing...
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Unfortunately, this is what the player base has come to expect. Announcements and news, ideas and rumors that could be extremely awesome and exciting. Take act 5.2 .....then come time to shine everything is an utter disappointment. It doesn't have to be that way. Kabam could really do something awesome as they have in the past, they just choose not to. I don't get it.
  • Dok_HolidayDok_Holiday Posts: 23
    Unfortunately, this is what the player base has come to expect. Announcements and news, ideas and rumors that could be extremely awesome and exciting. Take act 5.2 .....then come time to shine everything is an utter disappointment. It doesn't have to be that way. Kabam could really do something awesome as they have in the past, they just choose not to. I don't get it.

They want you to play transformers instead