New Community Team 1 Month Check-in

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    Hi Dave!

Basically, as a few have days: just be present. Don't be afraid to comment without committing - if people are celebrating, a brief congratulations. If people are making suggestions for changes, it would be great to reassure the community that things are seen, even if they aren't acted on.

One suggestion for in-game: how about some kind of visibility for the rebalancing program? There's always threads complaining about it, asking for RDTs, etc. Even today: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/373843/every-time-a-new-champ-is-rebalanced-we-should-get-some-compensation#latest

Given that a lot of players don't actually use the forums, it's not clear that everyone really understands that rebalancing is a thing.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Member Posts: 329 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

KabamDORK said:

Greetings Summoners

So It's been a month now with a new Community team in place here. So far it's been a blast coming back, but not without its challenges. There is still much to learn for myself and my team, so I just wanted to come out with it and ask. Where and how can we support you better, where are we falling short, and what would you like to see more of in the future?

Thanks everyone!

Great Scott, don't ask these people hey y'all can you make a list of everything I'm doing wrong? I thought I asked Jax to put that in the handbook.
    Of course… always one “off these people” to say it’s ok for a company to continue ignoring their customers concerns.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Member Posts: 117
    Someone needs to fix the Events UI
  • TheshadowpantherTheshadowpanther Member Posts: 36
    @KabamDORK I have a question on the deathless vision kit. The prior deathless champs released dguilly/dgroot had similar kits to their normal champs. However, Dvisions kit is actually less than either of the two other visions. Their sp2 drains all opponents power while Dvision only drains 135%. Can you explain what the devs thought process on this. It doesn’t equal more damage, you can gain furies but drain less power which where his damage comes from - damage equal to power drained. Essentially we have had to complete some pretty hard content to get a lesser version of a champ we already had.

Sincerely,

Theshadowpanther

• TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Following up on my other message - please make use of the forums

No one was given a hard start date for Summer of Sorrow or whatever.

No one got a forum post detailing the various events, objectives and rewards for the reunion.

I know I’m an old head to prefer the forum but it’s nice having it searchable and in writing and it’s a HUGE chance to build excitement for what appears to be a great event.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★

Hey folks! So first of all want to thank everyone for the feedback (and please keep it coming). Want to respond to a couple of points/update on them:

First of all! Thank you to @willrun4adonut @SummonerNR @LordSmasher and Im sure the many many others for asking for the forums to be tidied xD Its been a bit of a process finding my footing and gettin used to what needs to go where, which levers to pull and when to make everything appear as it should. So some stuff has been a bit out of sorts. I've now gone and pruned some of the older pinned posts and pinned some of the newer ones that should have been pinned from the start. Hopefully this helps with keeping track of this info!

With regards to bug responses, will definetly work to be more responsive/organized in that regard. We do pass on a lot of stuff to the game team but I 100% understand that without confirmation from us to that effect y'all have no way of knowing that. Will work to improve there.

As for the many interesting, mostly good, and some out there game suggestions haha, we'll definitely be reviewing those. Im gathering them up in a list and Dork and I will review them separately from the feedback on how we're doing to pass along to the game team.

And heard on that front @TyEdge, oversight on my part!

I love being tagged so you're now my favorite Kabak employee. Sorry Kabam Crashed.
    It took me over a year before Kabam Miike even acknowledged my existence with others even tagging him.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,075 ★★★★

Hey folks! So first of all want to thank everyone for the feedback (and please keep it coming). Want to respond to a couple of points/update on them:

First of all! Thank you to @willrun4adonut @SummonerNR @LordSmasher and Im sure the many many others for asking for the forums to be tidied xD Its been a bit of a process finding my footing and gettin used to what needs to go where, which levers to pull and when to make everything appear as it should. So some stuff has been a bit out of sorts. I've now gone and pruned some of the older pinned posts and pinned some of the newer ones that should have been pinned from the start. Hopefully this helps with keeping track of this info!

With regards to bug responses, will definetly work to be more responsive/organized in that regard. We do pass on a lot of stuff to the game team but I 100% understand that without confirmation from us to that effect y'all have no way of knowing that. Will work to improve there.

As for the many interesting, mostly good, and some out there game suggestions haha, we'll definitely be reviewing those. Im gathering them up in a list and Dork and I will review them separately from the feedback on how we're doing to pass along to the game team.

And heard on that front @TyEdge, oversight on my part!

I love being tagged so you're now my favorite Kabak employee. Sorry Kabam Crashed.
    It took me over a year before Kabam Miike even acknowledged my existence with others even tagging him.
    I'm still deciding between Crashed and pinwheel
  • Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Administrator Posts: 115
    edited August 15
    It should be Crashed, Im just happy to be nominated haha
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★

Just wondering, is your username a reference to the Dark Souls boss?
  • Kabam PinwheelKabam Pinwheel Administrator Posts: 115

It's not, Ive not actually played any of the Souls games even though several of my friends are obsessed haha
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,558 ★★★★★

It's not, Ive not actually played any of the Souls games even though several of my friends are obsessed haha
    Same. Want to play them, but I know I'm bad at them and would just get repeatedly wrecked. Over and over.
  • The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Member Posts: 233 ★★

Could this whole section of posts be unpinned?
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★

Could this whole section of posts be unpinned?

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    edited August 17

@peixemacaco
    I never knew this. And now my initial request to Kabam Pinwheel seems so unimportant now.
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    Any updates on what’s going on with Titania’s intimidate?
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,265 ★★★★

@peixemacaco
    I never knew this. And now my initial request to Kabam Pinwheel seems so unimportant now.

Thanks to @MrSakuragi
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 307 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

KabamDORK said:

Greetings Summoners

So It's been a month now with a new Community team in place here. So far it's been a blast coming back, but not without its challenges. There is still much to learn for myself and my team, so I just wanted to come out with it and ask. Where and how can we support you better, where are we falling short, and what would you like to see more of in the future?

Thanks everyone!

Great Scott, don't ask these people hey y'all can you make a list of everything I'm doing wrong? I thought I asked Jax to put that in the handbook.
    I'm really impressed that he's asked that. It does take ⚽️⚽️!

But proof that the community does know what it's talking about too is that the replies have been really solid here and I hope a lot of it is taken into consideration.

My two cents is I only come to the forums for info. So I wish there was more here instead of it being scattered in places I won't see it (discord, twitter, insta).

Also every vote for game related changes should be done via the game (not really a feedback on communication but thought I'd slide this one in as a freebie 😁)
  • CikdudCikdud Member Posts: 3
    KabamDORK said:

Greetings Summoners

Thanks everyone!

Is this the bug collecting thread? i have one,

Willpower.

Once you get Heal Blocked, even after the block duration ended, you cant gain any health, period.

Thanks tho

Cikdud
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★★
    We could really use an update on infight issues. It feels completely ignored since before y’all joined.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,071 ★★★★★
    DocWest said:

Any updates on what’s going on with Titania’s intimidate?

Not only Titania, Gladiator and Mantis also
  • DharakDharak Member Posts: 16
    I am mostly curious about which other champs will be buffed in the near future after all giving buffs to the old champs is actually very great & the best thing there is not to mention making players use them more then not.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    mgj0630 said:

mgj0630 said:

Plenty of legitimate feedback already.

One that I haven't seen though is the "official" source of information.

It'd be nice if you could narrow it down to just one place, or simultaneously post information on all of the sources.

@KabamDORK To piggyback on my own feedback, you guys have done it again.

Why would you limit voting to Instagram only? You have In-Game methods, Forums, Discord, etc.

I don't use Instagram and don't want to. I'm also not gonna lose sleep over not getting to vote, cause frankly, I don't care who wins. It's just more about the principle of wanting to understand why there's such a determination to put things all over the place.
    Because not that many people go to their instagram and they want to spread engagement to other platforms
    Dusty116 said:

I genuinely feel that if kabam has to take a week or two to get all the the bugs out and reconditioning there game I would definitely wait that long for them to do so. that we all can have a better gaming experience and less frustration form the community we all appreciate what you guys are going through but rather do that and have less stress on the game team as we know they are out staffed.

That's not how the game works or could work. They could fix every bug in the game and a new patch could bring in 100 more

New background worlds in fighting.

No one talks about it.

So far I loved how the game implement the modes, champions and everything, I love it.
    But until now I haven't see any new fight background map(I'm not sure how to call it) I refer when ur fighting, the world that is in the background. I played MCOC since 2014 and I still see the same worlds but any new one. Also the crystal opening background still the same, it looks kind to the 2014 graphics when nowadays could be updated for a better and more detailed one.
    I would love to see the game progress in everything and that includes new fight background worlds or places and a new crystal opening background updated. In that way the game could bring more players, the same game but improved to the present.

Examples or ideas:
    Loki TVA
    Wakanda
    Xavier school garden
    Xandar Nova corps
    Planet of the tree

And many others that summoner's could think of

Battle stages take up a lot of server space
  • JPDFKJPDFK Member Posts: 1
    edited August 25
    @KabamDORK
    When would the next double track event start?
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Can we have these June and July events and announcements un-pinned on the forum while we're at it? It's nearly September and we still have pins from June.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,071 ★★★★★
    Kabam is the balance update for Serpent and Destroyer coming tomorrow?