About balance update The Serpent

HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Member Posts: 419 ★★★
The Serpent deserves a nerf for defense, he is the most annoying defender in the game and has the least counter.
The regeneration should be of base health and not maximum health, the power gain is absurd at the end of life and reducing his damage a little by blocking his specials.

Comments

• JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,284 ★★★★

Rank up Luke Cage, he turns off death immunity.

Never knew that lol

Yea he’s blatantly overtuned, we’ve been having a ton of conversations about this in other threads lol. Praying that kabam makes the right move here😭

Kabam : ... and I took that personally
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,195 ★★★★★

Yea he’s blatantly overtuned, we’ve been having a ton of conversations about this in other threads lol. Praying that kabam makes the right move here😭

Kabam : ... and I took that personally
    Welp it’s joever
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 365 ★★★
    Of course there’s a counter to serpent, it’s called the ban button, works every time

Of course there’s a counter to serpent, it’s called the ban button, works every time

Not when you have a 7 star r2
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Member Posts: 419 ★★★

I saw Luke Cage using the same level of evolution as The Serpent, the fight is close to the timeout.
    At least the regeneration should be of the base life and not of the maximum life.
    He is the first champion that even with an invulnerability amplifier, taking his S3, he will already have another full S3
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Member Posts: 419 ★★★

Bullseye got a small nerf and The Serpent is harder to defend and has less counter.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★

Never knew that lol
    because he doesn't. he has a "chance" to but do not go into a fight thinking it is guaranteed to be shut down. because if you know anything about this game ... having a chance to do anything does not go the way you think it will.
  • jdschwjdschw Member Posts: 372 ★★★
    Luke doesn't turn off death immunity. He can inflict a concussion reducing AA by a maximum of 75%. The death immunity buff has a baseline chance of 125%, so even with the perfectly applied concussion, it's still a 50/50 chance.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 484 ★★★
    Onslaught and Bullseye didn't see a tune down and would argue Bullseye is worse than serpent ...

Not to mention the many poor champs released with zero buffs. Let's face it, rebalance program is dead, they don't care about nerfing hard defenders or buffing anyone all Kabam care about is not bringing out more Hercs or Kitty's without something to allow them to tune them down

Unfortunately, the player base is being milked for $$$ more and more rough defenders so we burn our stash and spend units to keep up, all chase champs are defenders because in BG you can't spend to power through but you spend to have these OP defenders before others who don't spend and OP attackers means less spend and that's the opposite to what Kabam want 🤷‍♂️
  • EZwinnings32EZwinnings32 Member Posts: 7
    Lol serpent is light work for A LOT of mystics: Sym Supreme, Kush, Mojo, BWCV, Chavez

Onslaught and Bullseye didn't see a tune down and would argue Bullseye is worse than serpent ...

Not to mention the many poor champs released with zero buffs. Let's face it, rebalance program is dead, they don't care about nerfing hard defenders or buffing anyone all Kabam care about is not bringing out more Hercs or Kitty's without something to allow them to tune them down

Unfortunately, the player base is being milked for $$$ more and more rough defenders so we burn our stash and spend units to keep up, all chase champs are defenders because in BG you can't spend to power through but you spend to have these OP defenders before others who don't spend and OP attackers means less spend and that's the opposite to what Kabam want 🤷‍♂️

Serpent is much worse than bullseye. He has a third of the counters bullseye does, and unlike bullseye has no champs who can consistently take him in 45s or less without special circumstances. Bullseye can get nuked with a good onslaught, aa, bishop, sunspot, or Cgr fight etc whereas serpent rarely gets 50k+ scored against him.

Lol serpent is light work for A LOT of mystics: Sym Supreme, Kush, Mojo, BWCV, Chavez

Bwcv and mojo? Yea they’re safe counters since you won’t actually do enough damage to get him to death immunity before timing out.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

Serpent is much worse than bullseye. He has a third of the counters bullseye does, and unlike bullseye has no champs who can consistently take him in 45s or less without special circumstances. Bullseye can get nuked with a good onslaught, aa, bishop, sunspot, or Cgr fight etc whereas serpent rarely gets 50k+ scored against him.
    To add to that list, Kushala cooks him, so does Guardian, Storm nukes him in less than 30 seconds, Negasonic otc but she’s slower, Starky, Kitty, Sinister, and pretty much any bleed immune or true striker will work. I’ve taken bullseye with nova in 45 seconds before

Serpent stalls like 90% of the champs in the game even if they can play around his abilities well enough (Kushala, Chavez). Bullseye is annoying but fragile is what I like to say. Always have someone for him on my deck, but serpent not so much
    Emilia90 said:

To add to that list, Kushala cooks him, so does Guardian, Storm nukes him in less than 30 seconds, Negasonic otc but she’s slower, Starky, Kitty, Sinister, and pretty much any bleed immune or true striker will work. I’ve taken bullseye with nova in 45 seconds before

Serpent stalls like 90% of the champs in the game even if they can play around his abilities well enough (Kushala, Chavez). Bullseye is annoying but fragile is what I like to say. Always have someone for him on my deck, but serpent not so much
    Oh definitely I was just mentioning some off the top of my head
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 283 ★★★

Bwcv and mojo? Yea they’re safe counters since you won’t actually do enough damage to get him to death immunity before timing out.
    High sig Mojo can absolutely beat a bg Serpent well before timeout; my maxed 6* is one of my usual Serpent options and he typically can finish the fight in 90 seconds or less, even higher rank 7*s. You gotta keep in mind that Mojo’s degen dots is one of the few things Serpent can’t actually reduce the effectiveness of. It’s not perfect (believe me I’m well aware 90 seconds is far from an ideal fight time) but it’s also far from guaranteed timeout.
    Squidopus said:

High sig Mojo can absolutely beat a bg Serpent well before timeout; my maxed 6* is one of my usual Serpent options and he typically can finish the fight in 90 seconds or less, even higher rank 7*s. You gotta keep in mind that Mojo’s degen dots is one of the few things Serpent can’t actually reduce the effectiveness of. It’s not perfect (believe me I’m well aware 90 seconds is far from an ideal fight time) but it’s also far from guaranteed timeout.
    90s isn’t awful for a serpent if you finish high health, but it’s still far from “light work” lol
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 283 ★★★

Squidopus said:

90s isn’t awful for a serpent if you finish high health, but it’s still far from “light work” lol
    Yeah I’m just disputing the claim that Mojo’s damage isn’t good enough to kill Serpent. Either way I’m waiting for Serpent to get some sort of tune down, he stalls way too good for the amount of block chip he forces, let alone the threat of lethal damage. He either needs to be more nukeable or less capable of forcing damage in some way, because even some of his best counters take well over a minute to kill and are on a razor’s edge trying not to die the whole time.
    Emilia90 said:

Bullseye is so much easier and has a ton of counters. Onslaught can be nuked by anyone and their grandma

Do you ever have a post where you’re not just incessantly whining
    I mean, can't 90% of the posts of forums be classed as 'incessantly whining' ? 😂

This post is literally saying serpent deserves a Nerf... idk maybe if Kabam did things right first time around just once or twice less people would be posting negatively on forums 🤷‍♂️
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Honestly I think if serpent started the fight on defense with 2 dread instead of 3, he’d still be a hard and very annoying defender but he wouldn’t be AS frustrating and ridiculous as he is
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    He is the one champ that is too unfair on defense

He's really not as bad as everyone thinks... last GC meta he was a nightmare but bait sp1, you rake some block damage and the immortality slows the fight a bit but even a fairly poor fight like this is doable.

I'd say bullseye is worse, a chunky champ with decent damage beats Serpent with most of their health, without bleed immunity bullseye takes 50% from block damage alone; they didn't nerf him, they aren't nerfing serpent
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,085 ★★★★★
    Why y'all wanna nerf serpent when you can ban him? Lol.

Well, I wish they nerf him by releasing counters, a.k.a more neutralize/power control mystics.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Why y'all wanna nerf serpent when you can ban him? Lol

The comment of someone really hoping their r3 investment doesn't get messed with haha. But nah, I get it.