Serpent NERF !!!!!! 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🪚🪚🪚🪚🪚

These people cannot release 6 Star Quake and Magik but can release 7 star Serpent. Which is way more powerful and buffed it appears like he was created by a kid who said my character has all powers in the world.

Please nerf him KABAM.

Or Release a 6 Star Quake and Magik (You need to Understand that They are now not a OP as they were in Early Game Content) So Releasing a 6 Star might not be a problem.

:neutral:

Comments

• Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 759 ★★★

These people cannot release 6 Star Quake and Magik but can release 7 star Serpent. Which is way more powerful and buffed it appears like he was created by a kid who said my character has all powers in the world.

Please nerf him KABAM.

Or Release a 6 Star Quake and Magik (You need to Understand that They are now not a OP as they were in Early Game Content) So Releasing a 6 Star might not be a problem.

:neutral:

The problem is that serpent is monstrous on defense. We as a community are always ready to recieve new op champions on offense, but fighting an op defender is never fun.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★
    Actually even 6* quake and magik sucks against serpent, lol
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited September 3
    Now some people are overrating Serpant. He is tough defender but who were not the tough defender in starting. Bullseye still annoying without counter. Meastro is annoying.

People are killing serpent easily these days with chavez, Symboit supreme, sorcerer supreme, kushal, HT, Luke cage. Even I tried with archangel he worked too. And this just a game take as it is. Don't take this much personally and don't overrate anyone in this game. Kabam must laughing after seeing the post on serpant. Offcourse kabam does very good job on serpant. But IMO he can't be compared with quake and magik.

There is a simple solution just ban serpant in BG. if you are not comfortable fighting with him..

• Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Or you can just ban him when you encounter him in bgs, how about that
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,896 ★★★★★
    Let's keep any discussion about "Nerf serpent" in one place

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/375056/serpent-really-isn-t-getting-rebalanced#latest

Also OP, serpent sucks and it even sucks that kabam refused to tune down him. But it's been few days. He isn't going to be nerfed because of petitions. We just have to now start ranking up his counters and need to learn how to take him down. That's the only option we have.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    i mean, to be fair, this post makes more sense than kabam's defending serpent reasons
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    Or just give every1 a serpent.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    Avnish said:

Now some people are overrating Serpant. He is tough defender but who were not the tough defender in starting. Bullseye still annoying without counter. Meastro is annoying.

People are killing serpent easily these days with chavez, Symboit supreme, sorcerer supreme, kushal, HT, Luke cage. Even I tried with archangel he worked too. And this just a game take as it is. Don't take this much personally and don't overrate anyone in this game. Kabam must laughing after seeing the post on serpant. Offcourse kabam does very good job on serpant. But IMO he can't be compared with quake and magik.

There is a simple solution just ban serpant in BG. if you are not comfortable fighting with him..

Tell me you’ve never fought Serpent without telling me you’ve never fought Serpent. HT is juiced up due to science meta and please explain how you supposedly used AA to take down Serpent when he reduces bleed duration by 90%. This comment can’t even be taken seriously.

Tell me you’ve never fought Serpent without telling me you’ve never fought Serpent. HT is juiced up due to science meta and please explain how you supposedly used AA to take down Serpent when he reduces bleed duration by 90%. This comment can’t even be taken seriously.

@Viper198787 Bro I know he reduce 90% but AA put long bleed I use 5/5 deep wound..and you just need poison on him not both of them.put bleed and try to block on you hit ASAP..I didn't say AA is best but you can try if you don't have any mystic counter....this is practice match but with archangel he is killable it might be slow but doable. But yeah he is not great option.

HT can do without fury of this meta each special put 5 charges on HT. Isn't that enough...take 2-3 sp1 on your block...

Also can't mystic champion kill you play carefully... chavez is killing him very easily... becuase she can control his power very easily..

I don't get what people want? Should serpant to be nerfed so that any champion can kill him easily...then what will be the fun of having him on max level..we have enough Mystic who can kill him..even more than maestro... Even you play with Hulkling carefully he can also kill him in bg not in this meta but possible...not a option for war boss too.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 557 ★★★
    Avnish said:

@Viper198787 Bro I know he reduce 90% but AA put long bleed I use 5/5 deep wound..and you just need poison on him not both of them.put bleed and try to block on you hit ASAP..I didn't say AA is best but you can try if you don't have any mystic counter....this is practice match but with archangel he is killable it might be slow but doable. But yeah he is not great option.

HT can do without fury of this meta each special put 5 charges on HT. Isn't that enough...take 2-3 sp1 on your block...

Also can't mystic champion kill you play carefully... chavez is killing him very easily... becuase she can control his power very easily..

I don't get what people want? Should serpant to be nerfed so that any champion can kill him easily...then what will be the fun of having him on max level..we have enough Mystic who can kill him..even more than maestro... Even you play with Hulkling carefully he can also kill him in bg not in this meta but possible...not a option for war boss too.
    It took your aa 30 sec in a duel that’s awful compared to what’s his health is in bgs, torch would take way to much block damage, and Chavez is just a little to slow for it there’s the issue most either take to much block damage or take to long that duel proves aa would be to slow
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited September 3
    Avnish said:

Idk how you don’t know what people want when there’s a 550 comment thread of people saying what they want. I quite literally have not seen a single person say with 100% seriousness that they want serpent nerfed into the ground so any champ could kill him easily.

He also definitely does not have more counters than maestro, unless you consider taking 90s and finishing with 85% health for 46k points a counter. Even still I’m pretty sure maestro has more lol. Also maestro can be nuked by champs like Cgr and juggs, meaning that just because you drafted maestro doesn’t mean you automatically win even if they get a counter. If they get juggs I probably won’t place maestro. With serpent I could draft him, my opponent drafts Chavez, and I still place him because I know she’ll take at least 60s and I can beat that. Not even my rank 3 sassy gives me that guaranteed time, and sassy doesn’t make you eat an sp3 unless you use someone with buffs

It took your aa 30 sec in a duel that’s awful compared to what’s his health is in bgs, torch would take way to much block damage, and Chavez is just a little to slow for it there’s the issue most either take to much block damage or take to long that duel proves aa would be to slow

Agreed bro I also said the same in comment AA is slow. this was R2 duped serpent. For block damge which champion is not giving block damage... photon gives hell of a block damge but people learnt to fight with her. Meastro gives good amount of passive damge. I am totally agreed he is very annoying. But I don't see solid reason to nerf him. As His counter is available. And who told you chavez is slow..

How much faster it should be. Yeah My chavez is R3...one is ascended R5 second one is R2. R3 would take 10-15 sec more. Do you really expect kabam will make him killable in under 50 sec.

It would be fun to see the posts when kabam put him SOS.

Keep fighting guys for serpant nerf. All the best🙂
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 557 ★★★
    Avnish said:

Agreed bro I also said the same in comment AA is slow. this was R2 duped serpent. For block damge which champion is not giving block damage... photon gives hell of a block damge but people learnt to fight with her. Meastro gives good amount of passive damge. I am totally agreed he is very annoying. But I don't see solid reason to nerf him. As His counter is available. And who told you chavez is slow..

How much faster it should be. Yeah My chavez is R3...one is ascended R5 second one is R2. R3 would take 10-15 sec more. Do you really expect kabam will make him killable in under 50 sec.

It would be fun to see the posts when kabam put him SOS.

Keep fighting guys for serpant nerf. All the best🙂
    45 for against r5 ascended isn’t great since my r5 ascended Chavez takes them 55 r2 in 50 is also bad especially since she’s the best counter that’s just slow for a best counter
    edited September 3

Idk how you don’t know what people want when there’s a 550 comment thread of people saying what they want. I quite literally have not seen a single person say with 100% seriousness that they want serpent nerfed into the ground so any champ could kill him easily.

He also definitely does not have more counters than maestro, unless you consider taking 90s and finishing with 85% health for 46k points a counter. Even still I’m pretty sure maestro has more lol. Also maestro can be nuked by champs like Cgr and juggs, meaning that just because you drafted maestro doesn’t mean you automatically win even if they get a counter. If they get juggs I probably won’t place maestro. With serpent I could draft him, my opponent drafts Chavez, and I still place him because I know she’ll take at least 60s and I can beat that. Not even my rank 3 sassy gives me that guaranteed time, and sassy doesn’t make you eat an sp3 unless you use someone with buffs

Sure bro...keep fighting..i hope majority wins. But serpant will not be nerfed until the big whales have problem with him.

I just put my opinion that I don't have much problem with him except sometime. And this just a game so I don't take it much seriously. Play and just have fun.
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    edited September 3
    Avnish said:

AA isn’t a viable counter, at least not in BGs. And if you’ve been paying attention, there more than one problem with Serpent.

One issue is his buffs and how they interact with nodes like extend. It was almost impossible to kill him in that meta unless you got extremely lucky with Wiccan or Tigra because his immortality not only lasted 20 seconds but his regen was insane. That’s assuming you live long enough to even reach the end because he’d be able to throw 2-3 L3s by the time it was over due to his power gain. It was so bad I guarantee pausing during matches skyrocketed through the roof during that meta. They definitely have that data.

Another issue is his ability and stat combination that makes it extremely difficult to get a competitive score in BG. Between all his crit resist, crit penetration reduction, high HP stats, resist from his Culforce charges it takes so long to take him down and with his attack from dread, attack from Culforce/sig, pierce, and unavoidable specials you take so much damage. He’s basically an auto win if you can draft him. “Well Chavez counters him”. Ok and when Chavez get banned, get F’d
  • InfamousPlayerInfamousPlayer Member Posts: 32
    Are there any good Counters Except Mystic Champs in game for Serpent??
  • LesktheGlut_666LesktheGlut_666 Member Posts: 77
    What a drama queen..lol
  • MjølnerMjølner Member Posts: 8

Are there any good Counters Except Mystic Champs in game for Serpent??

I have had a few good fights against Serpent using Venom (R3). He heals a lot of the block damage by eating buffs. And I save the striker for his regen phase so that I can use it when his 3 power bars have filled up. Then hope he dies before he is able to launch his sp3