Are you contributing to the crystal cleanup?

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    I did
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Member Posts: 252 ★★
    I opened stuff, then sold it from the overflow for 22mill gold. Nice top up.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★

Really disapointing reward for what have been annonced as a Big community event, the first realm event.
    Don't especialy looking for the next one 🤷

Didn’t Jon say that this one isn’t gonna have big rewards and it’s just here to test the software for future realm events? The one after banquet is supposed to be the big one
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★
    There will be a forced crystal cleansing after this event for some of the older crystals. That will be without any additional rewards as per the in game message. You can choose not to open the crystals but some of them will be auto opened anyways after the event.
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Member Posts: 206 ★★
    Wozzle007 said:

If you aren’t I’m curious as to why not👀. I billion crystals is a big target

How can you not contribute exactly? We got yo 100k in the first 3 mind btw
    Where can you see how many crystals are opened? All I can see is the in game message, that takes me the current ongoing events, but can’t see the realm event in there.
    Try to update the last version of the game
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,887 ★★★★★
    Ok I found the best way to get max points

Open gold crystals if you have them. Gold doesn't have limit and don't pollute your stash.

I'm personally going to open enough gold crystals at the last day of event to get max points. I want all the ancesion dust I can get 😋
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★
    I'll open as much as i can, but stack management is more important to me 🤷
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,084 ★★★★★
    How much do I need to open for participating at the rewards ?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 425 ★★★
    edited September 4

How much do I need to open for participating at the rewards ?

It's per milestone. You need to open a 1000 for peak I suppose
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★

I saw someone else make the point of “what else are you going to do with crystals other than open them. Thought it was some good insight. The only reason that’s definitively justified would be pools updating with new champs

Collecting. Is what this game is all about, kinda.

I myself have more than 200 unique crystals, I try to leave at least 1 unopened so that it stays there displayed. Some others are too valuable to leave there so I open them. But majority gets collected
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

If you aren’t I’m curious as to why not👀. I billion crystals is a big target

How can you not contribute exactly? We got yo 100k in the first 3 mind btw
    Where can you see how many crystals are opened? All I can see is the in game message, that takes me the current ongoing events, but can’t see the realm event in there.
    Check the event. It says X/X crystals contributed
    Cheers matey. Just realised I haven’t updated the game! Very probably the reason I couldn’t see it.
    You're very welcome
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 89
    I don't think we will got upto 2nd milestone by today
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 353 ★★★
    I'll open the crystals I get from the EQ and my daily objectives. I've never hoarded crystals, though, so my contribution is opening as I get them.
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★
    edited September 4

• tufo24tufo24 Member Posts: 53
    Not a fan of this process. We open hundreds of crystals already but don't get any rewards until the entire community hits the first contribution goal? I'll wait to open more until next month.
  • BadahBadah Member Posts: 275 ★★
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w check this thread, it says some of the older crystals will be opened after the event…
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/375674/crystals-will-auto-open-after-the-event#latest
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★
    They need to specify which crystals will auto open...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    Badah said:

@Eb0ny-O-M4w check this thread, it says some of the older crystals will be opened after the event…
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/375674/crystals-will-auto-open-after-the-event#latest

Didnt saw that ... Well, they have to be more especific and provide a list still, like they used to.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    I pretty much always open all my crystals anyway, so I probably have far less to contribute then a lot of people, you can guarantee the event won't end with me sitting on more then a handful of crystals
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★

Hello. Just to be clear, when I said this was a test I was referring mostly to the technology. The next Realm Event is already being built, participation in this one isn't going to impact rewards. We just want to make sure all of the technology is working properly before we offer anything crazy.

Having said that, I personally will happily open a bunch of gold and solo crystals for some free Units and Dust.

Exactly my thoughts. There are plenty of crystals with low impact on my resource planning. Might as well clean those out, then probably sacrifice lower arena boost crystals to the cause since when am I really going to use 600 of those.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Member Posts: 626 ★★★
    I’m about 500 crystals in. I didn’t have that many saved tho. I needed the mats and gold for rank ups.

Also I never understood ppl hoarding gold crystals. There’s no max.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    DukeZman said:

I’m about 500 crystals in. I didn’t have that many saved tho. I needed the mats and gold for rank ups.

It’s not so much wanting to hoard as the time consuming as it is to open them all. It mind numbing and I only opened 1k of almost 15k so far.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★

Open gold crystals if you have them. Gold doesn't have limit and don't pollute your stash.

I'm personally going to open enough gold crystals at the last day of event to get max points. I want all the ancesion dust I can get 😋

I have a **** ton of T4CC Frag Crystals. That's what I'm using.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Member Posts: 626 ★★★

DukeZman said:

It’s not so much wanting to hoard as the time consuming as it is to open them all. It mind numbing and I only opened 1k of almost 15k so far.

But why did you hoard them to begin with? Pop them as you get them…
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 570 ★★★

DukeZman said:

Well done my son, you have seen the error of your ways and through your suffering we shall receive a bountiful harvest😂
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    WhoDaPoo said:

Having said that, I personally will happily open a bunch of gold and solo crystals for some free Units and Dust.

Free Dust with the rewards. Crashed confirmed it! :D

Which rarity, 1* or 8*, those are the only 2 I'm interested in 🤣.

Kidding aside, I don't mind any kind of Dust as long as it not the type that we have to vacuum 🤣
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★

I have a **** ton of T4CC Frag Crystals. That's what I'm using.
    Is that a metric or standard **** ton?
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,085 ★★★★
    I opened my 1000!