An idea that I've got for a Doctor Strange rework.

ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,258 ★★★★★
I'll be honest. I voted for Cyclops, but I still would love to see how a Doctor Strange rework would play out. I had a pretty interesting idea pop in my head and here I've visualised it. This take on Doctor Strange takes his original kit and keeps the feel roughly the same while adding some of Arcade's arena trap mechanics. This kit is intended for short and medium length fights and falls off in longer fights.

Oh yeah, he also counters Serpent.

Feel free to add feedback and I hope you enjoyed it!

Master of the Mystical Arts - Always Active:

Doctor Strange has -100% Combat Rate but gains 3.3% of his Max Power every second.

If Doctor Strange is not at a Class Disadvantage, warding spells grant Doctor Strange immunity to Ability Power Rate reduction.

Proficiency in astral projection allows Doctor Strange to not be struck by attacks when dodging backwards. As such, it overrides the Dexterity mastery if it is active.

Trap - Mystical Gateway:

After the final hit of Doctor Strange’s Special Attack, he opens a Mystical Gateway where the hit would have landed. Only one Mystical Gateway can be active at any time.

When either champion is over the Mystical Gateway, Doctor Strange gains 1 Spell Focus plus additional Spell Focus at a rate of 1 per 0.5 seconds.

If Doctor Strange dashes through the Mystical Gateway, he is passively Unstoppable until the remainder of his dash.

100% chance to Nullify a buff if the opponent passes through the Mystical Gateway.

Vishanti Blessings:

Doctor Strange calls upon the power of the Vishanti to grant him three different blessings that he can access during the fight one at a time. Each of the blessings last for 12 seconds, after which he cycles to the next blessing in the following order.

Oshtur’s Refuge grants +1200 Armour Rating and +2000 Block Proficiency.

Agamotto’s Insight grants +900 Critical Rating and a passive Grit effect.

Hoggoth’s Wisdom increases Ability Power Rate by +20% and grants Strange 25% Power Efficiency

Blessings are unaffected by Ability Accuracy Modification

Performing a 2nd Medium Attack refreshes the active Blessing, whereas double tapping Block automatically cycles to the next blessing.

Special Attacks:

If the opponent is over the Mystical Gateway or Faltered from Strange’s abilities, they are Rooted for the duration of the Special.

While the opponent is Rooted, they are inflicted with a 150% Neutralise passive.

Whenever Strange would consume Spell Focus, he gains an 18 second Fury passive increasing attack by a flat +7.5% for each consumed Spell Focus.

Special 1:

Grants Doctor Strange 8 Spell Focus.

If the opponent is Rooted or knocked through the Mystical Gateway when hit, Doctor Strange gains 5 additional Spell Focus and consumes them immediately.

Special 2:

NOTE: This was designed using Doctor Strange's original SP2 in mind.

Up to 30 Spell Focus is consumed when launching this Special Attack. For every three Spell Focus consumed (rounded up), the secondary effects of the Special Attack have their potency/effects increased by +100%, whichever one is relevant to the ability.

Oshtur’s Refuge: Each hit deals a burst of Direct Damage on each hit equal to 7% of the hit’s damage.

Agamotto’s Insight: Each hit drains 2.5% of the opponent’s Max Power and applies a 12-second Weakness debuff reducing the opponent’s Attack Rating by the percentage of Max Power they had lost.

Hoggoth’s Wisdom: Regenerate 0.57% of the damage dealt to the opponent on each hit.

Special 3:

Removes all active buffs on the opponent and applies Doctor Strange’s personal Neutralise passive on the opponent, lasting 12 seconds.

Reopens a Mystical Gateway to be in front of Doctor Strange.

Double all active Spell Focus. If Strange would have less than 20 Spell Focus after this attack, his Spell Focus count is set to 20.

Strength Of The Sorcerer Supreme - SIGNATURE ABILITY:

Well-Timed Blocks inflict a non-stacking Stagger passive lasting 7 - 16 seconds.

Punishing a Special Attack or intercepting the opponent has a 50 - 100% to give Doctor Strange 1 Spell Focus.

Against Cosmic champions, if the opponent passes through the Mystical Gateway, they are inflicted with a 0.5 second Falter passive. If the opponent misses this way, Falter goes on cooldown for 15 - 30 seconds.

Comments

• NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    I love this kit
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 458 ★★
    The kit's bloody amazing.
    Do check out mine as well: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/374336/dr-strange-rework-concept#latest. My idea for the sp2 mainly came from Enchantress.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,258 ★★★★★

I love this kit

The kit's bloody amazing.
    Do check out mine as well: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/374336/dr-strange-rework-concept#latest. My idea for the sp2 mainly came from Enchantress.

Cheers bros, greatly appreciated.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,861 ★★★★★
    I like this a lot, mate.

It makes me want to look at updating my own (very old) suggestion...

I like this a lot, mate.

I'm glad this spotlight inspired you. Means a lot to me.

I like this a lot, mate.

I'm glad this spotlight inspired you. Means a lot to me.
    Okay, it's ready...
    edited September 11
    To be reposted
    So, I've updated my own rework for Dr Strange. He should have decent abilities to control buffs and power (although not both at once), and has quite a few abilities that should soft-counter meta opponents like Serpent, Hulkling and Galan. He should also be fairly Recoil-friendly, and pack a decent punch in his Attack phase (Hoggoth's Wisdom).

Dr Strange

Health 45773
    Attack 3734

Passive
    Dr Strange is immune to Nullify, Stagger, and to Neutralise.

Dr Strange benefits from +1400 Energy Resistance, but has zero base armour.

Dr Strange's combat power is zero, and cannot be altered. He passively gains power at a rate of one bar every nine seconds; plus he gains 3.3% of his Max power any time a buff ends on the opponent. His ability power rate cannot be reduced below zero.

When launching a Special Attack, Dr Strange's exceptional Mystic training enables him to generate a 40% Protection Passive, lasting until 0.2 seconds after the Special Attack ends.
    This protection should be helpful against Power Stings and Languor nodes, as well as reducing Recoil damage.

On his fourth light attack, Dr Strange disables his highest Special Attack for 0.5s.

Nullify abilities
    Each hit of a Heavy attack has a 100% chance to Nullify one buff. If no buff is currently active, he has an 70% chance to Stagger the opponent for 7s

Whenever any buff is Nullified or Staggered from the opponent, Dr Strange gains an indefinite Mystical Energy passive increasing his Special Attack damage by +10% (max ten).
    Unless otherwise specified, Mystical Energy passives are consumed at the end of his Special Attacks.

Mystic Blessings:
    Dr Strange invokes a series of Vishanti blessings to counter his opponents; each lasts twelve seconds and then he cycles to the next blessing.

Each Mystical Energy passive increases the potency of Dr Strange's Mystical Blessings by 10%, to a maximum of +100%

Oshtur's Refuge (OR)
    • Gain a Protection buff granting +800 Critical Resistance, and reducing damage from all sources by 40%
    • Gain a Steadfast buff enabling him to block Unblockable attacks.
    • Gain 150% Bleed Resistance
    Hoggoth's Wisdom (HW)
    • Gain a Fury buff granting +1867 Attack
    • Gain a Precision buff granting +585 Critical Rate
    • All attacks inflict a burst of Energy damage equal to 25% of the damage dealt
    Agamotto's Insight (AI)
    • Life Steal 929 Health on every hit.
    • Opponent's ability Power rate is passively reduced by 40%, and the Power denied is transferred to Dr Strange
    • MLLM combo: Power Steal 5% of Opponents Maximum Power, or 7.5% against Cosmic or Superior opponents
    By dashing back and holding block for 1.8s, Dr Strange can refresh his current blessing. This can only be done once per Blessing.

Special Attacks
    Special attacks gain additional effects depending on Strange's current Blessing. Effects in gold gain +10% Potency per Mystical Energy when they are cast.
    SP1 (Magic Missile): This missile cannot be Evaded, and inflicts True Damage, ignoring all armour and resistances. Additional Blessing effects:
    • OR: During this Blessing, the SP1 does not benefit from or consume Mystical Energy.
      The missile has a 90% chance to Nullify a buff on a hit. If a buff is Nullified by this attack, Dr Strange gains a burst of 33% of a bar of Power
    • HW: The missile is a guaranteed critical hit, and costs 35% less Power.
    • AI: 90% chance to inflict Power Burn on hit (burning 15% of the opponent's Current Power)
    SP2 (Faltinian Triplicate): On activation, generate a Vigilance buff lasting 12s, plus 1s per Mystical Energy passive.
    Additional Blessing effects:
    • OR: Each hit has an 80% chance to Nullify a buff. If the opponent has no buffs to Nullify, each hit inflicts a burst of 1295 Direct Energy damage.
    • HW: on activation, inflict an Energy Vulnerability passive for -1820 Energy Resistance lasting 15s. Each Mystical Energy passive also pauses Hoggoth's Wisdom for 1s.
    • AI: The Special Attack grants no Power to the opponent. Each hit has an 80% chance to Steal 10% of the opponents current Power.
    SP3 (Astral Inversion):
    New animation showing Strange pushing the opponents Astral Form out of their body and dispersing astral energy before forcibly restoring them
    This attack Destroys all buffs on the opponent, generating one Mystical Energy per buff destroyed (these augment the SP3, and are then consumed as usual).
    Additional Blessing effects, which last for 12s, plus 1s for each Mystical Energy.
    • OR: During Oshtur's Refuge, a passive 150% Neutralise is inflicted
    • HW: Inflict a Degeneration debuff inflicting 11,202 damage. Potency increased by 50% against Cosmic and Superior opponents.
    • AI: Inflict an Enervate passive and a 50% Petrify passive.
    Destroying buffs should bypass pretty much every defense anyone currently has against them; including a certain Asgardian elder God. And yes: Serpent is susceptible to Enervate, too - I've tested...

Signature - Counterspell:
    Whenever his opponent triggers a buff, Dr Strange automatically tries to Nullify it, with 70% chance of success.
    Additionally, each time Dr Strange rotates to the next Mystic blessing he has 60% chance to generate a Mystical Energy Passive.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Unless I'm mistaken what does consuming spell focus do? It says he consumes it in his sp1 but doesn't say anywhere what consuming it does

Unless I'm mistaken what does consuming spell focus do? It says he consumes it in his sp1 but doesn't say anywhere what consuming it does

In the Special Attack section, it states that Doctor Strange gets a Fury passive per Spell Focus consumed.

The bonus effect of the SP1 is just to reward the player for keeping the opponent close to the Mystical Gateway by giving them bonus damage.